Sacramento. He sat out the following game,

in Spam Area!!! 18.07.2019 05:18
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Jordan Spieths win at Royal Sydney Golf Club in the Australian Open showed, yet again, that the Americans game travels well. But how much does a November title mean for his 2017?And where does Race to Dubai winner Henrik Stensons season rank among his peers?Our experts debate those topics and more in this weeks edition of Monday Four-Ball.1. What does Jordan Spieths Australian Open win mean for his 2017?SportsCenter anchor Jonathan Coachman: It means big things. I thought he was in complete control of his game and his swing. Considering Spieth was off for seven weeks, his short game was incredible. He has figured out that to maximize his performance; he cant be globetrotting in order to chase the paydays. He makes enough off the course now that he is chasing history and legacy. Its about being fresh and ready. And he was both of those things Down Under and it showed.ESPN.com senior golf writer Michael Collins: It means that hes back in the saddle again. It means that he gets to lk forward to the 2017 calendar year with almost the same confidence as he did in 2015, except without the burden of the expectations of 2016.ESPN.com senior golf writer Bob Harig: He suggested it is the same as two years ago, when a win in Australia and then at the Hero World Challenge sprung him into his five-victory, two-major 2015 season. Im not sure it will produce those results, but Spieth surely sees it as a big confidence bster, and its hard to argue with him.ESPN.com senior golf writer Jason Sobel:? Well, the last time he won this tournament, he used it as a springboard for five wins, including two majors, the next year. It would be t presumptuous to believe history will repeat itself in the exact same fashion this time around, but for a guy who plays his best golf based on momentum and confidence, this should definitely be viewed as a gd sign for the next 12 months.2. Five women from five countries won majors this year on the LPGA Tour. Is that gd or bad for the game?Coachman: I have mixed emotions about this stat. I always think having an American star is the best thing for the game. It needs to become more popular here in the States so there can be more tournaments here. And the ladies will have to understand that in order to continue to grow, they will have to continue to play everywhere. And players from everywhere will continue to get better.Collins: Bad. At first glance, that fact would seem to be a really gd thing. But in reality, the more parity there is at that level on the LPGA Tour, the harder it is to bring new fans to the game. Womens golf needs a dominant figure.Harig: It is great for the game globally, probably not so great for the game domestically. The LPGA is truly a world tour with tournaments and stars from around the globe. But that means fewer from America -- where the biggest audiences and most tournaments reside -- are winning, which can be viewed as a problem in some circles.Sobel: T often, we in the U.S. measure golfs impact on a domestic scale, but we should view it more as the global game that it is. Thats especially the case for the LPGA, which plays so many tournaments abroad and has such a strong outreach in other countries. Theres nothing bad about having these victories spread out among players from around the globe. In fact, its just the opposite.3. Biggest surprise winner in the first portion of the 2016-17 PGA Tour season?Coachman: To me, it had to be Pat Perezs OHL Classic win in Mexico?I thought his future was in increasing his media presence because he would never be healthy enough to truly compete at the PGA Tour level again. When he won, his emotions showed me that maybe he also felt that way. But thats why you tee it up, and gd for him finding lightning in a bottle. Hopefully it will continue into the new year.Collins: Rod Pamplings victory this month in Las Vegas?because he had the most baggage. Golfers his age (47) who have been winless for that long normally have an amount of scar tissue that prevents them from getting back into the winners circle again. For him to overcome that is a testament not only to his golf game but also to his mental fortitude -- with a small shout-out/nod to his sports psychologist wife.Harig: Rod Pampling. His victory in Las Vegas came at age 47, 10 years after his last win on the PGA Tour and after three years competing on the Web.com Tour. The fact that a tour oversight -- the field was supposed to be 132 but went to 144 -- allowed him into the tournament made it all the more incredible.Sobel: That would have to be Rod Pampling, who got into the Las Vegas event based only on a PGA Tour clerical error, then wound up winning for the first time in more than a decade. Thats called taking advantage of an opportunity. Honorable mention goes to Pat Perez, who returned from shoulder surgery to win for the second time in his career.4. After winning the Race to Dubai, where does Henrik Stensons season rank among his peers in 2016?Coachman: I think it ranks as a really gd year. The problem is the Race to Dubai ends so late that I dont know how many people even realize that its over except for those at his bank when he makes the deposit. I think we will remember his near flawless performance at the Open, and his peers will remember his gd year as just that: the Open and then a big check at the end.Collins: Although Stenson said it was the greatest year of his career, 10 years from now when we lk back on this season, it will rank nowhere near one of the greats of all time. When it comes down to it, Stenson had a two-win season and earned a silver medal for a runner-up finish at the Olympics. Stenson had a moment of greatness at the Open but not a season of greatness.Harig: The Race to Dubai title seems a bit hollow when Stenson was not in contention at the two (of three) Final Series events in which he competed. Nonetheless, it tops off a year in which he won The Open, his first major title, and another European Tour event, a season that he calls his best. Is it better than that of?Rory McIlroy,?who won the PGA Tours FedEx Cup without a major? Probably not. Is it better than that of?Dustin Johnson, who finished second in the FedEx Cup but won the U.S. Open and a WGC? Johnson likely tops the list.Sobel: Its nice to have a narrative wrapped in a neat, tight bow about the worlds best players, but if we werent already aware that theres no Big Three or Big Four (and to be sure, we should have been), Stensons performance is yet another reminder that these things dont work this way. I dont know if hes the worlds third-best player or fifth-best player or seventh-best player. But I do know hes really gd and his year deserves credit among those of his peers. Charles Barkley 76ers Jersey . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rkies. Charles Barkley Jersey . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. http://www.76ersprostore.info/Cheap-Allen-Iverson-76ers-Jersey/ . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Philadelphia 76ers Jerseys . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Wilt Chamberlain Jersey . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. A year after being told his services were no longer required by Brisbane, former captain Jed Adcock has rejoined the AFL club in a yet-to-be-defined coaching role.The defender, who joined the Western Bulldogs ahead of the 2016 season after being delisted by the Lions, retired at the end of this season after 213 games.That included seven with the Bulldogs, and while he didnt take part in the premiers finals campaign, he was part of the clubs VFL premiership-winning side.ddddddddddddis appointment comes after a meeting with new Lions coach Chris Fagan. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 235 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen