With 36 yards passing, Brees will move into third in that

in Spam Area!!! 17.07.2019 12:27
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

TORONTO -- R.A. Dickey said the Toronto Blue Jays latest loss was all on him. "The loss can be solely hung around my neck for sure," the right-handed knuckleball pitcher said after Toronto fell 6-5 to the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday. "If I pitch better we win the game." J.J. Hardy and Danny Valencia each drove in two runs and Freddy Garcia (1-2) pitched five innings for the Orioles before a crowd of 35,915 at Rogers Centre. Garcia allowed nine hits, including a home run by Emilio Bonifacio, and limited Toronto to three runs (two earned) to gain his first win in five starts this season. It was the second win in a row for the Orioles (27-22) over the Blue Jays (20-29) and assured them of at least a split in the four-game series that ends Sunday. Hardy hit a two-run single in the first, Valencia hit a two-run homer in the third and Adam Jones hit a solo homer in the seventh against Dickey (4-6) who allowed nine hits and six runs in 6 2/3 innings. The Blue Jays trailed 3-1 after one inning and 5-2 after three. "Early in the game cost him," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "You lk at some of the games that hes struggled, they put some runs up on the board early and then he finds his grve and it was the same way today. "Of course, he gave up the solo home run late but, other than that, in the middle innings he was very gd. We made a run at it, we just came up short." Dickey has yet to find the form that won him the National League Cy Young Award in 2012 when he was with the New York Mets. Injuries, including back spasms, have hampered him and he cannot throw his knuckleball as hard as he did last year. "Im kind of just punching the clock right now," he said. "Im searching for it. I certainly havent felt like I did last year. There are some concrete reasons and there some reasons that I can iron out in the bullpen between starts." The rf was open on a sunny but chilly afternn. "It was not ideal conditions but it was okay," Dickey said. "Ive pitched just fine in conditions similar to today so thats certainly not an excuse." Jose Bautista and Adam Lind each had three hits for the Blue Jays, who had 13 hits on the day and have 30 hits over their past two games, both losses. "At least we put ourselves in that position to almost go ahead and get the lead but they had a pretty gd pitcher out there," Lind said. "Everybody one through nine did their job today for the most part. I guess we could have had a couple of more hits with runners in scoring position but thats all you can ask is to have the guys on base." Jim Johnson picked up his 15th save of the season, ending a string of three successive blown save opportunities. "Jimmy was going to pitch today," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "He had three days off. Once again Jim Johnson closing a one-run lead on the road in the American League East against a team as hot as anybody. Thats pretty impressive." The Orioles scored three runs in the first inning. After a walk to Nick Markakis, Chris Davis doubled in a run with two out and Hardy singled in a pair. "If I could take the Markakis at-bat away in the first we probably win the game, it was a walk a four-pitch walk," Dickey said. "It was just tough to get the feel early. I grew into it a little but by that time we had already given up three runs." The Blue Jays answered with one run in their half of the first. Melky Cabrera and Bautista singled, Edwin Encarnacion hit into a double play and Lind singled in a run. Bonifacio hit his second homer of the season with one out in the second to cut Baltimores lead to 3-2. But Valencia restored the three-run lead in the third when his second homer of the series and of the season followed. Hardys two-out double. Cabreras wall-crashing catch on Jones deep drive to left field ended the top of the fourth and kept the Blue Jays within three runs. Garcias throwing error on a trickler along the first-base line by Brett Lawrie of Langley, B.C., gave the Blue Jays an unearned run in the fifth. It scored Bautista who singled with one out and tk third on Linds two-out single. Jones sent Dickey from the game with his ninth homer of the season, a long drive to left with two out in the seventh. The Blue Jays scored twice in the eighth after Lawrie led off with a double against reliever Steve Johnson, pinch hitter Maicer Izturis walked with two out and Munenori Kawasaki singled in a run. Cabrera greeted reliever Darren ODay with a single to cut the lead to 6-5. But Jim Johnson closed the game with a 1-2-3 ninth. "Weve got a team that can drive the ball out of the park," Jones said. "We score in a lot of unique ways." Notes: The Blue Jays called up right-hander Thad Weber from triple-A Buffalo and left-hander Sean Nolin was returned to double-A New Hampshire on option after allowing six runs in 1 1/3 innings on Friday in his major-league debut, a 10-6 loss ...Weber who was claimed off waivers from San Diego on May 19 will work out of the bullpen but could be a candidate to start next Wednesday. ....Right-hander Josh Johnson (triceps strain) threw 68 pitches with 38 strikes over four innings (one hit, one walk, no runs, three strikeouts), for Buffalo on Saturday, his second outing on medical rehabilitation assignment. He could have one more before he rejoins Toronto. ....Outfielder Rajai Davis (oblique strain) is hitting off a tee and is close to playing. ... The Orioles put right-handed reliever Pedro Strop (lower back strain) on the 15-day disabled list on Saturday and recalled right-hander Steve Johnson from triple-A Norfolk and he replaced Garcia in the sixth inning on Saturday. ... Markakis stretched his hit streak to 10 games with a single in the fourth. ...Right-hander Chad Jenkins (1-0, 3.60 earned-run average) will start for Toronto against right-hander Miguel Gonzalez (2-2, 4.25 ERA) in Sundays series finale. kiestore.com/Browns-Ozzie-Newsome-Jersey/" target="_blank">Ozzie Newsome Youth Jersey . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. kiestore.com/Customized/" target="_blank">Custom Cleveland Browns Jerseys .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. kiestore.com/Browns-Baker-Mayfield-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.brownsrkiestore.com/Browns-Baker-Mayfield-Jersey/ . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. kiestore.com/Browns-David-Njoku-Jersey/" target="_blank">David Njoku Womens Jersey . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. kiestore.com/Browns-Odell-Beckham-Jr-Jersey/" target="_blank">Odell Beckham Jr Jersey . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants big-bucks, revamped defense found a way to hold off the Dallas Cowboys in the Ben McAds debut as coach. Facing the New Orleans Saints on Sunday will show whether spending more than $100 million to help Steve Spagnuolos unit was cost effective.The Giants (1-0) arent going to be facing Dak Prescott, a rkie making his first NFL start.Its Drew Brees this week. The 37-year-old leads the league in passing and comes into the season with 10 consecutive years of passing for more than 4,000 yards, with no less than 4,870 in the last five, which includes three 5,000-yard campaigns.If those numbers dont impress the Giants, all they have to do is recall last year: Brees passed for 511 yards and tied an NFL record with seven touchdown passes in a 52-49 win.I dont even remember that, Giants cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie quipped.He does, though.When you are playing a guy like that who has been doing it for a long time, you know he has a gd arm and has some gd receivers who can definitely take the top off a defenses, and you have guys who understand ftball, and the way he throws and gets it out quick, Rogers-Cromartie said. Man, its going to be tough.Its also going to be tougher for Brees. He will be seeing a lot of new faces.Defensive tackle Damon Harrison and end Olivier Vernon are new, and end Jason Pierre-Paul did not play last year because of his fireworks accident.Middle linebacker Kelvin Sheppard is new, as are cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins and Eli Apple, safeties Darian Thompson and Nat Berhe, who was on injured reserve last year.I would say while its the same scheme for the most part, Steve Spagnuolo, theres a lot of gd players over there that seem to be playing really well, Brees said. I dont really lk at last year as any type of indication as to how this is going to go. I think theyre much improved. Theyre playing really well right now. I have a lot of respect for coach Spagnuolo and his scheme. Im sure theyre going to be ready for us. We need to make sure were ready for them.New Orleans put up 34 points last week as Brees passed for 423 yards and four touchdowns. The Giants edged Dallas 20-19.SECONDARY CONCERNS: With Delvin Breaux going out for six to eight weeks with a broken leg, the Saints are relying on a trio of cornerbacks with only one regular-season game to their name: starter P.J. Williams and reseerves DeVante Harris and Ken Crawley.dddddddddddd However, a pair of recently acquired veterans could suit up in New York -- Sterling Mre and B.W. Webb, who both practiced this week. Mre knows the Giants well from playing three seasons in the NFC East with the Cowboys (2012-2014). He also played against the Giants last season with Tampa Bay.GIANTS DEFENSIVE BACKS: The Giants limited Prescott to 227 yards passing and no touchdowns. His longest pass was 21 yards.I feel like we have guys that can match up, said Janoris Jenkins, who held Dez Bryant to one catch for 8 yards. We have Eli Apple and DRC. We can match up all the way around the board with anybody as long as we play within the system and play within the scheme.Jenkins said Brees is a `blast from the past, noting he throws deep and works the hash marks most of the time.POUND IT: Running backs Rashad Jennings and Shane Vereen combined for 113 yards on 24 carries in the opener for New York. Expect them to get the ball more after seeing the Saints give up 167 yards on 26 carries in the loss to the Raiders.MORE BREES: Brees lks as gd at 37 as he did at 27, if not better. Hes coming off his 14th career 400-yard game, which tied him for first for such single-game production with Peyton Manning in NFL history. His touchdowns included a thread-the-needle throw over the middle to Brandin Cks, and a Saints-record 98-yarder to Cks with a pass down the left sideline. That one was so well-timed the speedy receiver never seemed to break stride. With 36 yards passing, Brees will move into third in that category, eclipsing Dan Marinos 61,361 yards.BACK TO NORMAL: Giants receiver Victor Cruz returned in style from a series of injuries, scoring the winning touchdown in his first game since October 2014. This will be his first home game since that season.The only thing that is indicative of things being back to normal is you guys not asking me about my body anymore, Cruz said, and asking me about how I am feeling. But yeah, for the most part it just feels like business as usual, getting out there, playing ftball again and worrying about our next opponent.---AP Sports Writer Brett Martel in New Orleans contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 182 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen