re going to ask me this question a million times: `Did it feel good? Walsh

in Spam Area!!! 17.07.2019 12:26
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Matching London 2012s Super Saturday four years on and in a different country was always going to be a tough task, but no hyperbole was required to call Britains blockbusting Brazilian sequel brilliant.It was Team GBs most successful day at these Games with three golds, four silvers and a bronze, and it saw the nation sitting firmly in third place in the rankings with a tally of 30 medals -- only 18 short of achieving the overall target with a week to go.Mo Farah tk a dramatic gold again, t, defending his 10,000 metres title despite being tripped and falling in the 10th lap. He just didnt have anyone on the track and field team to share the top-step-on-the-podium experience this time, and that made this Super Saturday slimmed down for some.Jess Ennis-Hill and Greg Rutherford both struck gold in London and, with Farah, all three did so in the space of 44 wonderful minutes.This time around Ennis-Hill had to make do with silver, having missed out to a relatively new kid on the heptathlon block, Belgiums Nafissatou Thiam, and Rutherfords long jump medal was bronze.Im pretty emotional but these are happy tears, said deposed champion Ennis-Hill, who couldnt quite beat her rival by enough of a time margin in the final event, the 800m, to take the title. These two days have been really tough but Im really proud.I have to make a decision as to whether this is my last heptathlon or not but Im so proud of what I have achieved over the last few years.Rutherford was less pleased with his performance, a pr no-jump call partly being blamed. Ultimately I didnt jump long enough today, which is very difficult for me to take, he said after his longest effort of 8.29m was 11 centimetres short of American Jeff Hendersons winning mark.Ive just got to make do and move on from that, but Im pretty gutted.Ive won a lot [before] and today I havent won. Thats something Im not used to and something I have to deal with and figure out. Its not gd enough in my eyes.When track and field -- the marquee sport -- hasnt shone the brightest of the bunch, the day was bound to take on a different hue. And the disappointment of Katarina Johnson-Thompsons rivalry with Ennis-Hill fizzling out when she scored prly in the javelin, ultimately slipping from third to sixth, didnt help matters.But that shouldnt detract from some other fabulous achievements in an Olympics that is rapidly becoming one of the finest for British firsts.On Saturday, cyclist Laura Trott became the first British female to win three titles at the Games after a world-record team pursuit victory; Farah tk his tally to three Olympic track and field golds, which has never been done by a Briton before; the womens rowing eight silver was the nations first medal in the discipline.They were following in the ftsteps of other athletes earlier in the week, such as Katherine Grainger and Sir Bradley Wiggins, whose medal collections are now unmatched by those representing the nation at the Olympics. Diving, trampolining and gymnastics have also recorded firsts.Saturday was super for other reasons, t: the rowing mens eight ended a 16-year wait for the title; Becky James keirin silver gave Team GB its fourth success from five track cycling events as the squads domination in the Velodrome continued; the mens 4x100m medley relay silver in the pl made these Games Britains most successful in swimming pl for more than a century.On top of that, Andy Murray made it through to the final of the mens singles tennis and Justin Rose -- who has already recorded a hole-in-one first for the Games -- led the golf.On pure medal comparisons, this probably wasnt Super Saturday II. In 2012, Team GB won six golds and a silver. Thats one fewer in total than this time round but with a lot more bling.Sequels have seldom been as gd as the originals, but that doesnt mean they havent been worth watching. Hydro Flaske Tilbud . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Hydro Flask Gul . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. http://www.danmarkhydroflask.com/ .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Køb Hydro Flask .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Hydro Flask Kaffe . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. MINNEAPOLIS -- Matthew Stafford says he would like to avoid being down late in the fourth quarter at all costs.The Detroit Lions quarterback sure lks comfortable in those situations this season. Maybe because he has had plenty of practice.Stafford threw a 28-yard touchdown pass to Golden Tate, who vaulted into the end zone in overtime to give the Lions a 22-16 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.After Matt Prater kicked a 58-yard field goal as time expired in the fourth quarter to force overtime, Tate finished the opening drive when he ran through arm tackles by Xavier Rhodes and Harrison Smith and leaped in for the winning score.Our guys have been able to do it. Not just do it once or twice, theyve been able to do it a number of times, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said of his teams ability to come back from fourth-quarter deficits in all five of their victories.I do think they have the level of comfort with it. Its a tough situation to be in, but they dont flinch and we havent had any crucial mistakes in that period of time.Stafford completed 23 of 36 passes for 219 yards, two touchdowns and an interception for the Lions (5-4), who have won four of their past five games. Tate had 11 catches for 79 yards.Sam Bradford completed 31 of 40 passes for 273 yards and a touchdown for the Vikings (5-3), who started the season 5-0 but have imploded since coming out of the bye. Stefon Diggs had a career-high 13 catches for 80 yards.For the first time in three weeks this team fought like I expected them to fight, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. If we continue to do these kinds of things, well win ftball games.Tyrunn Walker blocked a field goal, Kerry Hyder had two sacks and the Lions stuffed the Vikings on fourth-and-1 at the Detroit 5-yard line in the fourth quarter to keep them in position to rally late.After enduring a tumultuous week , the Vikings tk a 16-13 lead with 23 seconds to play on a 1-yard run by Rhett Ellison. But Stafford hit Andre Roberts for 27 yards to set up Praters game-tying kick.In overtime, Stafford hit Eric Ebron for 17 yards on third-and-3, Marvin Jones drew a pass interference call on Rhodes and Tate polished off the stunner with a hard-nosed ccatch-and-run down the sideline.ddddddddddddIt was kind of planned, Tate said of his flip. He just kind of accelerated it a little bit.BIG ANSWERThe Vikings were in business in the second quarter when Chad Greenway intercepted a rushed throw from Stafford and returned it to the Lions 18-yard line. But the offense committed two penalties and Bradford was sacked on third down to turn a first-and-10 at the 18 to a fourth-and-32 from the Lions 40.The Vikings punted, and Stafford led the Lions on a marathon 17-play, 84-yard drive that tk 9:45 off the clock. He hit Anquan Boldin for a 1-yard score with 5 seconds to play in the half, giving Detroit a 10-3 lead going into halftime.According to Fox Sports, it was the first time a team had to punt after being inside the opponents 20-yard line since St. Louis did against Washington in 2011.WALSH STRUGGLESVikings kicker Blair Walsh had steadied himself over the previous few weeks after shaky start to the season. But the struggles returned on Sunday. He missed his third extra point of the season -- most in the NFL -- when he hit the right upright in the third quarter, a miss that prevented the Vikings from tying the score at 10.Then his 46-yard try in the fourth quarter was blocked by Walker.You guys are going to ask me this question a million times: `Did it feel gd? Walsh snapped. Did I make it? No. Do I have to? Yes. Do I want to? Yes. So, just, if youve got something else, please. Seriously.INJURY REPORTLions: CB Darius Slay (hamstring), LB DeAndre Levy (knee, quad) and OT Riley Reiff (illness) did not play. ... CB Nevin Lawson left the game in the fourth quarter with a calf injury.Vikings: CB Captain Munnerlyn hobbled out of the locker rm on crutches with a brace on his right knee. He missed most of the last three quarters. ... PR/CB Marcus Sherels also left the game with an ankle injury in the second quarter.UP NEXTLions: Finally take a bye week before hosting Jacksonville on Nov. 20.Vikings: Visit Washington on Nov. 13.---For more NFL: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 193 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen