third baseman will start Sunday in the finale of a four

in Spam Area!!! 17.07.2019 12:26
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- East Carolina coach Jeff Lebo came to John Paul Jones Arena thinking his team could be running into a buzz saw.He was right.Kyle Guy scored 13 points to lead a season-high five Virginia players in double figures, and the No. 14 Cavaliers used strong perimeter shting to beat the Pirates 76-53 on Tuesday night.I knew we would get a spirited group after a loss at home, Lebo said. They dont lose t often at home.Virginia (8-1) had little trouble bouncing back from Saturdays loss to then-No. 25 West Virginia, its first at JPJ in two years. After trailing 16-15 with 9:26 remaining in the first half, the Cavaliers ended the period on a 27-4 run.The spurt included seven straight made 3-pointers, with three coming from Guy.A former Mr. Basketball in Indiana, Guy was held out for the final 11:27 during the loss to the Mountaineers. The freshman logged 21 minutes Tuesday, sparking Virginias early barrage from long range.I really think I can help this team, Guy said. Im not complaining about my minutes. Im fine with not playing at all. I just want my team to win.I know my minutes are going to fluctuate throughout the year. Some Ill be able to put up numbers and help this team and other games I can help this team by cheering.He did both on Tuesday.The Cavaliers finished 9 of 21 from beyond the arc, taking advantage of East Carolinas 2/3 zone.East Carolina played a lot of zone early, Virginia coach Tony Bennett said, and we shot them out of it.London Perrantes added 12 points and five assists for Virginia. Other double-digit scorers for the Cavaliers included Marial Shayok (12), Mamadi Diakite (12) and Jarred Reuter (10).East Carolina (7-3) was led by Jeremy Sheppards 17 points.BIG PICTUREEast Carolina: It was East Carolinas first game against a Power Five team this season. The Pirates entered John Paul Jones Arena searching for their first win over a ranked opponent since Dec. 30, 2002, when they beat then-No. 13 Marquette and Dwyane Wade. Theyve never defeated a ranked team on the road. ... East Carolina, picked to finish seventh in the 11-team American Athletic Conference, is lking for its first winning season since 2012-13. It features three players averaging at least 12 points per game.Virginia: Coming off a competitive week that included games against West Virginia and Ohio State, the Cavaliers werent expected to be tested Tuesday. The game against the Pirates gave Bennett another opportunity to work different combinations as the team continues its quest for an identity in the post following the Nov. 18 dismissal of Austin Nichols. Virginia, after being outscored by a combined 26 points in the paint against the Mountaineers and Buckeyes, was plus-26 vs. East Carolina. A Dec. 21 road matchup with Ivan Rabb and California should reveal plenty about this team on the interior.Each game presents different matchups, Bennett said, but we tried to be a little more intentional getting to the paint off the dribble, dropping passes, throwing it inside.SHARING THE WEALTHVirginia assisted on all 15 of its first-half field goals, and 22 of 30 for the game. Four different Cavaliers finished with at least three assists.BIG MAN SHUT DOWNEast Carolina 7-ft-1 center Andre Washington, who entered averaging 9.8 points and 8.4 rebounds per game, was held scoreless with four rebounds.Most of the time, if were going against a big guy and he gets it, we try to trap the post, Bennett said. Thats a staple of our defense, to try to be disruptive. I thought for the most part we did a gd job. Its hard to score out of that.UP NEXTThe Pirates are off until Dec. 15, when they host College of Charleston.The Cavaliers are off until Dec. 17, when they host Robert Morris. Michael Jordan Jersey . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high schl students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Troy Brown Jr. Jersey . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. http://www.cheapwizardsjerseyssale.com/kids-michael-jordan-wizards-jersey/ . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Troy Brown Jr. Wizards Jersey .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Juwan Howard Jersey . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. SAN DIEGO -- Yangervis Solarte rejoined the San Diego Padres on Saturday, a week after his wife, Yuliett, died due to complications of cancer at age 31.Manager Andy Green said the third baseman will start Sunday in the finale of a four-game series against San Francisco.Its gd to see him, Green said. Hes part of our family, so were thrilled to have him back.Solarte said he appreciated the support from the Padres.I dont really have enough words to thank the organization for what theyve done, Solarte said through a translator. When I saw some of the guys at the services down in Miami, I was really surpprised.dddddddddddd I think my wife would have liked to see that, and I think shes happy in the sky, lking down and knowing that happened.Solarte said his three daughters and his mother are with him in San Diego.It feels a little different, and shes gone now, but at the end of the day, those things are out of our control, he said. Those things are up to God, and that was his decision. We fought. We were hoping that shed be around for a little bit longer, but here we are. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 24 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen