with Aaron Cruden (groin) making way for Lima Sopoaga.H

in TeeLeague 16.07.2019 09:06
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ARCADIA, Calif. -- Trainer Bob Baffert appeared to be holding a pretty strong hand when entries were drawn Monday for the $1.5 million Breeders Cup Sprint, with two of the top contenders in the field, including potential favorite Lord Nelson. But Bafferts chances of winning his fifth Sprint title suffered a major blow several days later when he was compelled to scratch Lord Nelson due to an infection.Fortunately for Baffert, his other Sprint candidate was the speedy and steadily improving 3-year-old Drefong, who proved he was more than a backup for Lord Nelson by outdueling 8-5 favorite Masochistic on the lead before edging away to an impressive 1-1/4-length victory in the Sprint under jockey Martin Garcia.Drefong, a son of Gio Ponti, is owned by the Baoma Corp. He completed six furlongs over a fast track in 1:08.79 and paid $9.80. Garcia was a last-minute replacement for Drefongs regular rider, Mike Smith, who opted to keep his regular seat aboard Masochistic.Masochistic broke best, with Smith rating him just outside and off Drefong, who sped to a short lead nearest the rail after an opening quarter in 21.41 seconds. Masochistic gained a short advantage on the turn and was seemingly going easiest at that point, but Drefong would not be denied, responding to some vigorous urging to dispose of Masochistic nearing midstretch before edging clear at the end.Mind Your Biscuits, last, as expected, in the run down the backstretch, finished best of all, falling just a nose short of catching Masochistic for second money.A. P. Indian had his six-race win streak come to an end after finishing fourth, 4-1/2 lengths behind the winner. He was followed by Limousine Liberal, a tiring Delta Bluesman, and Noholdingback Bear, who was eased to the wire after having his best chances compromised by a slow start. Like Lord Nelson, Joking was scratched this week.It really hurt losing Lord Nelson this week. He was doing so well, and it would have been nice to have him in here, said Baffert. But Drefong, he was ready to go. And it was a great time for Martin [Garcia] to reunite with me.Baffert and Garcia parted ways in April, just prior to the Kentucky Derby, before mending fences last week.Drefong broke with him [Masochistic], and Martin just let him ease up there the first part of it, said Baffert. When I saw the fractions, 21 and a tick, I thought that was manageable. Gd horses could handle it.I could see Masochistic was bringing his A game, I knew it was going to be a battle. About the three-eighths pole, it lked like Masochistic was going to have the edge on us. But this little horse, when the running started, he just brought it, and at the eighth pole, he showed the will he has to win.Baffert won the Sprint for the first time with Thirty Slews in 1993. He also won the race with Midnight Lute in 2007 and 2008 and with Secret Circle in 2013.Thirty Slews was the first horse I ever bought, for $30,000, and when he won the Breeders Cup Sprint at Gulfstream Park, it was so exciting, I thought Id reached the pinnacle of my career, said Baffert. I never had that feeling again until I won the Kentucky Derby. And its still a thrill to win any Breeders Cup race because theres so much on the line, not only the money, but championships as well. Hopefully, this will put Drefong in the conversation.Garcia said he had no choice but to put Drefong on the lead after breaking from post 2.As fast as I was going, he was running easy, said Garcia. It lked like that other horse [Masochistic] outside went past us, and I just asked my horse a little bit, and he responded.Smith, who had ridden Drefong to three straight easy wins, including the Grade 1 Kings Bishop, said he thought he had control of the race on the turn.When we hit the turn, we were lking gd, sitting perfect, but I know Drefong, hes a tough son of a gun, said Smith. He doesnt stop. Thats why I tried to put him away over there on the turn. I thought I did t, and here he comes again. Sheldon Rankins Saints Jersey .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. Sam Mills Womens Jersey . Numbers Game lks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. http://www.shoptheofficialsaints.com/Elite-Michael-Thomas-Saints-Jersey/ . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Alvin Kamara Jersey . A big centre with all the tls to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Archie Manning Saints Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Test rugbys most potent sibling partnership will start together for the All Blacks for the first time.After five impressive bench appearances, dynamic flanker Ardie Savea is in the run-on side to face South Africa in Christchurch on Saturday, replacing the injured Sam Cane.It is the only starting change from the side who roared away late to a 57-22 win over Argentina in Hamilton last week, extending the unbeaten All Blacks lead in the Rugby Championship.Openside flanker Cane suffered a hamstring injury which will sideline him for at least a month, opening the dr for 22-year-old Savea to show his prowess from the opening whistle.He will do it alongside brother Julian, the 46-Test, 42-try winger who is four years his senior.With Julian returning to his best form in a patchy season, the Saveas represent a twin ball-carrying threat which is the envy of other international teams.They became the 44th set of All Blacks siblings in the first Test against Wales in June but this week will join just nine others in starting a Test together.Ardie Savea has been earmarked for higher honours since starring at schlboy level and touring with the 2013 All Blacks to Europe as a non-playing apprentice.He has made a late impact in all five Tests but coach Steve Hansen last week said a starting role would test the mettle of the Hurriccanes dynamo.dddddddddddd.Hansen says the flanker is relatively light for Test forward at 102kg and will probably need to beef up to become more effective, especially on defence.His promotion creates rm on the reserves bench for three-Test flanker Matt Todd, called into the squad when Cane was diagnosed.Injury has forced another bench change, with Aaron Cruden (groin) making way for Lima Sopoaga.Hansen has rarely altered his squad through the Rugby Championship and says he expects a fierce challenge from a Springboks side coming off two losses on the road.With South Africa having their backs to the wall, we know nothing but our best will be gd enough. Accuracy with intensity will be paramount, he said.Whilst we have been reasonably happy with our three games to date in the Rugby Championship, we are always striving for improvement.New Zealand: Ben Smith, Israel Dagg, Malakai Fekitoa, Ryan Crotty, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read (capt), Ardie Savea, Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Joe Mdy. Replacements: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Luke Romano, Matt Todd, TJ Perenara, Lima Sopoaga, Anton Lienert-Brown. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 26 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen