first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabri

in Laberecke 19.06.2019 09:13
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

The umpires baffled both coaches.But Hawthorns Alastair Clarkson and Port Adelaides Ken Hinkley say they wont be overly critical of some bewildering calls in their Thursday night AFL fixture.Whether it was for Hawthorn or against Hawthorn ... there was just a patch there where not t many on the ground knew why the free kicks were getting paid, Clarkson said after the Hawks 22-point win at Adelaide Oval.Clarkson partly blamed himself for stoking the fires with his pre-game comments which questioned Ports ability to handle Hawthorns physical style.They (umpires) knew this game was going to be pretty hot. I probably added fuel to the fire yesterday with some of my comments, he said.He said AFL was incredibly hard to umpire.Our game is the most complex and difficult game in the world, Clarkson said.I can only imagine because its so hard to play and coach, it must be really bldy tough to umpire.And we have got to tip our lids off to them really, they do a marvellous job.But like anything, you sit and wonder `geez, why did he handball there, or why did he kick it there - well, sometimes you wonder why did the umpire make that decision.But by and large they do a pretty gd job for our code.Hinkley said both teams were confused by the officiating.Not just our team. It wasnt just our way or against, Hinkley said.The umpires have a tough job, theres no doubt about that. But theres some clarity in some things which would be nice.Its a challenge. Its a fierce contest. They umpire what they see and sometimes they might not always get it right but I dont think that is deliberate in any way, it just happens.I wont be having a crack at umpires because I think they do a great job.But its a hard game to umpire, its as simple as that. Patty Mills Jersey . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Cheap Spurs Jerseys . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. http://www.cheapspursjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-george-gervin-jersey .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Tim Duncan Jersey . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. LaMarcus Aldridge Jersey . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. They may have suffered a ninth loss of the season, but Queensland Reds got a glimpse of what the future may hold as Taniela Tongan Thor made his Super Rugby debut.The former New Zealand schlboy sensation came off the bench as a replacement for Greg Holmes in the 35th minute in the 43-24 defeat by the Brumbies, making eight runs for 19 metres and four tackles, all before scoring the games final try.But it was his scrummaging that was most impressive, particularly given he was up against Wallabies lsehead Scott Sio.To see Taniela Tupou come off the bench, you know earlier than what we had thought, played 55 minutes of ftball and we know he can run, hes explosive and he showed that, Reds coach Nick Stiles said.But to see him step up and scrummage the way he did for a 19/20-year-old ftballer playing your first game against Scott Sios and [Allan] Alaalatoas, its so exciting for us moving forward. You know we wanted to win tonight, but if you cast your mind forward to next season and you lk at the players were talking about now, theres a lot of hope and optimism.While Tupou was making his Super Rugby debut, a couple of old hands also returned to the southern hemisphere provincial scene.Former Waratahs lock Kane Douglas and former Bath back-rower Leroy Houston both came off the bench in the 50th and 57th minutes respectively, with Houston in particular lifting the Reds tempo late on.Theyre world class I think, Reds captain James Slipper said of the experienced duo.Kane, we all know what he did lastt year, so were excited with the fact that were getting a bit of experience back into the team.dddddddddddd Leroy has been around the Reds for a long period, he was there when I first started, so he knows what to expect. I think with the more fty hes playing with us, the better.Theyre both quality players and the more minutes they play its only going to help us.And the praise didnt stop there with Stiles glowing in his assessment of rkie lock Lukhan Tui.Yeah as Slips [Slipper] mentioned, Kane and Leroy, it was great to have them back but for me we know what they can do -- we know theyre very gd ftballers, Stiles said.But for me, I was actually more excited about the performances of Lukhan Tui; you know who before tonight, hed had 10 minutes off the bench in South Africa, and to see him start tonight against Sam Carter, (Scott) Fardy; youre playing against (Rory) Arnold; youre playing against a gd forward pack and gee he std up and he played physical and athletic. So I was really happy with him.While the Reds final hopes were dashed long ago, some late-season improvement can only help their cause for next year with Wallabies captain Stephen Mre also set to return to Ballymore in 2017.Rumours also suggest Quade Cper will be back in Brisbane, t, with Michael Cheika keen to have him involved with the Wallabies as sn as he negotiates a return to Super Rugby. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 11 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen