ugged Ramiro Pena into Paniks spot in the two San Fr

in Bewerbung 18.06.2019 12:52
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Linebacker Justin Houston hasnt played for the Chiefs since having surgery in February to repair a balky left ACL. But he said he expects to be in midseason form Sunday when he makes his season debut against the Carolina Panthers.I expect what I normally do: dominate, said Houston, the Chiefs leader in sacks in each of the last four seasons. He led the NFL with 22 sacks in 2014.Houston returned to practice last month and was activated Wednesday off the physically unable to perform list, making him eligible to play for the first time at Carolina. The Chiefs have yet to indicate how much he would play but Houston said he could handle a big workload.I feel I can play the whole game, he said. Physically I feel I can play [the entire game]. My endurance may be a little behind. You can practice and you can run all day but its not like the actual game.Houston initially injured his knee in a game last November against the Buffalo Bills. He missed the remainder of the regular season but returned to play in both of the Chiefs playoff games. He played little, though, and was ineffective.Postseason arthroscopic surgery revealed a problem with the ACL. The Chiefs said this injury was not a tear but Houston needed further surgery to repair the problem.The Chiefs started the season slowly without Houston, winning just two of their first four games. But theyve won four straight since and their pass rush has improved. His replacement, Dee Ford, is among the NFL leaders with nine sacks.I think the best in the game, Houston said when asked how gd the Chiefs can be defensively with him back in the lineup. Hopefully, I can just add to it.Clearance Custom Jerseys . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Custom NFL Jerseys . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and ft injuries. http://www.customjerseysnearme.com/custom-soccer-jerseys-186h.html . -- Derrick Rose shk off pr shting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Bzer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Custom Baseball Jerseys .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. tball-jerseys-76h.html" target="_blank">Custom Ftball Jerseys . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2).OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland Athletics fans might have a hard time recognizing their team when it takes the field for the continuation of a four-game series against the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday night.When last seen in Oakland, the As were losing six of nine to the Texas Rangers, Los Angeles Angels and Milwaukee Brewers with the likes of Eric Surkamp and Andrew Triggs making one-third of the starts and Max Muncy manning right field on eight occasions.The As return Wednesday, just six days later, with left-hander Sean Manaea and right fielder Josh Reddick having rejoined the team off the disabled list, and with lefty Rich Hill scheduled to do the same Saturday.Were starting to get a little healthier, which is a gd thing, As manager Bob Melvin proudly proclaimed Tuesday before Oaklands 13-11 win over the Giants in San Francisco. And were starting to play a little better.Reddicks return adds a .316-hitting bat to a lineup that is overpowering recent competition. He went 1-for-6 in his first big-league action since May 19.Shortstop Marcus Semien, left fielder Khris Davis and pinch hitter Jake Smolinski hit home runs at AT&T Park in the two wins, extending the Athletics streak of games with at least one homer to a season-best seven.Manaea, who is scheduled to start Wednesday, pitched on the last homestand, but not for long. Staked to a 10-2 lead against Texas in the homestand opener on June 13, he couldnt finish the fifth inning because of a strained left forearm, costing him what surely would have been his third win of the season. Manaea is 2-4 with a 6.02 ERA in nine starts overall, though he is 2/3 with a 4.17 ERA over his past siix outings.ddddddddddddAs fans might not recognize the Giants, either, and that is probably a gd thing. The Bay Areas other team hasnt played in Oakland since last September, when the Giants added to the Athletics miseries by taking two of three.Right-hander Jake Peavy (4-6, 5.22 ERA) will get the start for the Giants on Wednesday. He no stranger to the As, having faced them four times in his career, going 2-1.The Giants likely will trek to the east side of the Bay Bridge without second baseman Joe Panik, who reported light-headedness before Tuesdays game and had to be scratched from the lineup.The Giants fear the condition was a delayed response to Panik getting hit by a pitch in the helmet on June 18 at Tampa Bay.Panik underwent three concussion tests in the aftermath of the incident and passed them all, which prompted the team to keep him in the lineup. He played seven consecutive games, collecting seven hits, before taking Monday off for non-health reasons.The Giants plugged Ramiro Pena into Paniks spot in the two San Francisco stops in the series Monday and Tuesday, and he produced four hits.Pena will pack a team-leading .412 average for the bus ride into Oakland on Wednesday.Giants manager Bruce Bochy hopes his club doesnt pack anything else from Tuesdays seesaw loss for the short trip.This was one of those wild games, he said after watching his team blow 4-1 and 8-5 leads. You have one of these games once in a while. Hopefully you come out on top, but we didnt. You have to wash a game like this off. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 428 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen