agic ended a seven-game losing streak in Detroit after earlier this season snapping a 12-game skid against the Wizards. Orlando

in Bewerbung 18.06.2019 12:52
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke wants to show it once again belongs among the elite teams in womens basketball. Beating No. 3 South Carolina is a gd way to prove it.Rebecca Greenwell scored seven of her 29 points in the final 5 1/2 minutes, leading the Blue Devils past the Gamecocks 74-63 on Sunday.I think it shows we can play with anyone out there, Greenwell said. We knew that from the beginning of the season, but now its just showing it to others.Oderah Chidom added 15 points to help the Blue Devils (9-1) earn their first victory over a top-three opponent since they knocked off No. 3 Ohio State in 2009.I wanted to make a statement, Chidom said, and South Carolinas a great team to do it against.Duke shot 50 percent and forced the Gamecocks (6-1) into a season-worst 19 turnovers, turning them into 28 points.Coach Dawn Staley said her team played undisciplined basketball.We wanted to stay really close to Greenwell, because we know what shes capable of, Staley said. And obviously, she made us pay.Aja Wilson scored 18 points and Kaela Davis added 14 for South Carolina, which pulled to 66-60 on Bianca Cuevas-Mres 3-pointer with 1:41 left and immediately called timeout.But the Gamecocks came out of that break and put six players on the court, earning them a technical foul. Greenwell hit two free throws with 1:40 remaining, and after Duke forced a stop, Kyra Lambert added two foul shots to push the Blue Devils lead to 70-60 with 1:05 remaining.BIG PICTURESouth Carolina: The Gamecocks have plenty to work on after this -- starting with ball security. They lead the nation with averages of 21 free throws made and 30 of them attempted, but got to the line only 14 times in this one, making nine. Staley says all of her teams problems can be corrected by simply tightening things up at the defensive end. The only team to score more against her Gamecocks was Ohio State in a 92-80 loss in the opener on Nov. 14.I think if we can fix our defense, Staley said, the turnovers will help themselves.Duke: This was the kind of victory the Blue Devils needed as they try to climb back into the national rankings after some stumbles last season knocked them out of the polls. The Blue Devils had lost eight straight games against Top 25 opponents since they beat No. 12 Mississippi State two years ago in the NCAA Tournament.POLL IMPLICATIONSThis loss figures to send South Carolina dropping a few spots. As for Duke, it lked like the kind of victory that could earn the Blue Devils their first national ranking since midway through last season.KEY STATDuke outscored South Carolinas celebrated front line 42-32 in the paint. Said Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie: Thats a 10-point difference in our favor, and thats the game.WELCOME BACKSouth Carolinas Allisha Gray scored 11 points in her return to Cameron Indr Stadium. Gray played for rival North Carolina for two seasons, scoring 24 points here in a win in 2014 and 20 in a loss the following year before transferring from the Tar Heels.UP NEXTSouth Carolina: The Gamecocks return home and have a week off before playing host to Minnesota on Dec. 11.Duke: The Blue Devils on Thursday night play host to an Elon team in a matchup that pits mother against daughter: Elon guard Maddie McCallie is the daughter of Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25.Cheap Custom Falcons Jersey . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. Custom Falcons T-shirts .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.customfalconsjersey.com/ .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. Authentic Custom Falcons Jersey . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Custom Falcons Jerseys . Blackwd, 28, has played the last three seasons in the San Diego Padres system, including the past two summers with Class AA San Antonio of the Texas League.WASHINGTON -- The Orlando Magic have conjured up a winning formula on the road, which is where they remain Tuesday night for their third meeting this season against the Washington Wizards.The Magic (9-12) are 3-1 on their current five-game road trip, including Sundays 98-92 victory at the Detroit Pistons. Before this surge, Orlando dropped four in a row. One of those losses doubled as Washingtons first road win of the season. The second came Monday night as the Wizards (7-12) rallied from a 15-point halftime deficit for a 118-113 win at the Brklyn Nets.Washington and Orlando each own a win in the series with the victories coming on the road. The Wizards tk the previous meeting 94-91 on Nov. 25 as John Wall had 26 points and 10 assists in Orlando.Serge Ibaka, acquired by Orlando in a blockbuster trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder, stuffed the stat sheet against the Pistons with 21 points, seven rebounds, four assists, four blocks and three steals.Theres no question hes an elite big man. Hes one of the best two-way bigs in the game, Magic coach Frank Vogel said. Theres no other way to put it. Hes shting the ball from the perimeter, hes scoring in the post and hes really trusting the pass. Hes buying into the hot-potato type of mindset, where the open man gets the shot every time. And hes a force on the defensive end.The big man sank 2 of 4 from deep against the Pistons and is shting over 40 percent on his 3-point attempts this season.Im getting better every day, Ibaka said afteer the latest win.dddddddddddd Im working and working, and also my teammates trust me, as do the coaches, and thats one of the keys, t. They try to give me the ball early in the game, like tonight, and thats something that really gives me that confidence to play my game.The Magic ended a seven-game losing streak in Detroit after earlier this season snapping a 12-game skid against the Wizards. Orlando won 88-86 win on Nov. 5 in Washington behind 18 points from Jeff Green.Walls fourth-quarter flurry against Brklyn ensured the Wizards would return home with at least one win after back-to-back heartbreaking road losses against the Oklahoma City Thunder and San Antonio Spurs. The point guard scored 11 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter.Just played harder, more aggressive, Wall said about Washingtons second-half turnaround. Competed like we did the last couple of games and we started to do that in the second half.Bradley Beal had 18 points, including a 3-pointer that gave Washington 107-106 lead with 3:27 remaining. Wall scored the next five points for the Wizards, who outscored the Nets 32-15 in the third quarter.We want to be a two-way team. Its definitely a gd 12 minutes, probably one of our best 12 minutes of the year, coach Scott Brks said. But we cant play 12 minutes of solid defensive basketball. It comes down to being solid throughout the game. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 8 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen