e red and white. He currently sits at 99-74 in his sixth

in Bewerbung 17.06.2019 14:00
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

day.The Flyers (5-2, 3-1 Pioneer) scored 27 poinTiger Wds remains steadfast in his belief that he can catch -- and break -- Jack Nicklaus record of 18 major golf championships, but he wont be devastated if he doesnt accomplish the feat.Wds, 40, who has been stuck on 14 major championships since winning the U.S. Open in 2008, was asked about the hallowed number during a PBS interview with Charlie Rose that is scheduled to air Thursday night.To be honest with you, no, Wds said when asked if he could catch Nicklaus mark.Asked by Rose if he has accepted that, Wds said, Ive accepted Im going to get more.When he was later asked if he meant he intends to break Nicklaus mark, Wds simply said, Correct.Wds, who regards Nicklaus as one of his heroes, was asked by Rose if the icon is the greatest golfer to have played the game.I think Im pretty gd, t, Wds said. I think he and I would have a hell of a duel back in the day.He continued: I lked up to him, I lked at his record. ... I wouldnt say I lusted for his record. I just think that was the gold standard because he had won the most majors and the second-most Tour events. And here he is at 18.?And what would it mean to Wds if he doesnt get to Nicklaus mark?I didnt get there, Wds told Rose.Wds hasnt played in a tournament in more than 14 months after having two back procedures; he pulled out of last weeks Safeway Open after saying his game was vulnerable and not where it needs to be.In the interview, Wds discussed his time away from the PGA Tour, what it will take to win again, family life and possible regrets.You know, if you lk back, Wds said, the only regret I have in life is not spending another year at Stanford, and I wish I wouldve had one more year.When pressed about the scandal and controversy that has followed Wds since his publicized divorce in 2010, Wds std by his statement.All the things Ive been through are tough, yes, Wds told Rose. Theyve been tough, but theyve been great for me. But I wish I wouldve gone one more year at Stanford.Cheap Custom Cardinals Jersey . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. Wholesale Custom Cardinals Shirts . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. http://www.custommlbcardinalsjersey.com/ . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Ozzie Smith Jersey Large . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Custom Cardinals T-shirts . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie.SALT LAKE CITY -- Chris Holtmann knew he had learned a lot about his Butler team during a week-long, three game road trip -- for better or worse. The ride back to Indianapolis will be a pleasant one for the third-year coach after a clean sweep.Kelan Martin scored 18 points as No. 18 Butler remained undefeated with a 68-59 victory over Utah on Monday night. The loss was the first of the season for the Utes.Its been a long week, but a full week and a really gd week, Holtmann said. Id have had a different lk on my face if we had been 0-3 on this stretch, but either way we were going to learn a lot of stuff.The experience of playing on (at Utah) and in a road environment and what comes out of that that you learn -- moving on to the next possession and playing with poise under duress. Those were the things we were going to hope came out of it, and it did.Butler controlled the game from the opening tip and trailed just once at 20-19. The Bulldogs responded to that with a 14-3 run to take a 10-point lead.A 13-4 run early in the second half, highlighted by a deep 3-pointer from Tyler Lewis, put Utah away. Butler did what its done all season -- sht well from the field, play stingy defense and limit turnovers. The Bulldogs shot 52.8 percent and held the Utes to 36.5 percent.Tyler Wideman chipped in 15 points for Butler, which moved into the Top 25 earlier Monday.Kyle Kuzma led Utah with 21 points and 10 rebounds while Lorenzo Bonam finished with 17 points.Butler tk a 33-27 lead into halftime after a clunky first half in which both teams struggled in its own way. The Bulldogs were efficient from the field, shting 56.0 percent, and played stout defense. That defense, however, fouled so often Utah was able to remain in the game.The Utes missed open shots, layups and turned over the ball repeatedly. They shot just 30.8 percent in the first half, including 2 for 13 from behind the arc, but outrebounded the Bulldogs by nine and hit eight more free throws. That balanced the 10 turnovers and the 17 points Butler scored off them.I dont think Ive been involved with a college basketball game (before now) where the other team scored 23 points off our turnovers.dddddddddddd Its damn near impossible to do, Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said. You cant defend turnovers and we basically turned it over to the point where they scored right away.This was the first test for us, really, if you lk at our schedule. The timing was about right after a handful of games and we didnt do a gd job with the test. But we cant learn unless were put in a position where theres a little adversity.BIG PICTUREButler: The Bulldogs are rolling after a road trip that included wins over Utah, No. 16 Arizona and Vanderbilt. Butler has a strong chance of an 11-0 start heading into the Crossroads Classic against No. 13 Indiana.UTAH: The Utes were tested for the first time after beginning the season against two Division II teams and two lower non-Power 5 teams. The team clearly awaits the availability of point guard Sedrick Barefield and power forward David Collette, who will be eligible against Prairie View A&M on Dec. 17 after transferring in last year.POLL IMPLICATIONSButler just entered the Top 25 this week and dont lk to be going anywhere sn. Monday should be considered the fourth quality win of the season and with just a home game against Central Arkansas remaining this week, the Bulldogs are unlikely to drop.ALMOST THEREKrystkowiak remains at 99 wins wearing the red and white. He currently sits at 99-74 in his sixth season. Krystkowiak had a 42-20 record in two seasons at Montana from 2004-06.QUOTABLEHonestly, I dont think they did a lot, Kuzma said. Im not saying that just because we lost. A lot of credit to them. We had a lot of blatant turnovers that we shouldnt have had and that affected a lot of things we did today.UP NEXTButler: The Bulldogs return from a three-game road trip to host Central Arkansas on Saturday.Utah: The Utes host Montana State on Thursday in their sixth straight home game to open the season.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 420 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen