Meanwhile, Smith edged towards the second double century o

in Spam Area!!! 15.06.2019 09:17
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Yankees manager Joe Girardi finally found a spot he liked for Alex Rodriguez.Two more games and he wont have to worry about it.Benched from the starting lineup once again as his finale approaches, Rodriguez pinch hit and flied out in the seventh inning of New Yorks 9-4 comeback win against the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday night.I was lking for a three-run homer so I went to him, Girardi said of A-Rod. Just missed it.Red Sox star David Ortiz limped off in the ninth inning after fouling a pitch off his right shin. Boston said X-rays were negative.My heart sank a little bit when I saw it, but I just saw him and I feel much better, Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said.New York received another health scare when pitcher Nathan Eovaldi left after one inning because of right elbow discomfort.Chants of `We Want A-Rod! echoed around the park at the start of the seventh. He was greeted by loud bs when he stepped out of the dugout to face Matt Barnes. They were louder when he was announced and again when he trotted back to the dugout after his flyout to right field, which dropped his batting average to .203 and extended his slump to 4 for 37 (.10.Rodriguez has just one start and eight at-bats in 17 games since July 22 as New York traded veterans and turned toward a youth movement. He had not appeared in a game since Aug. 2.My job description does not entail a farewell tour, Girardi said during a pregame media session that at times was a bit testy. My job description is to try to win every game and to try to put everyone in the best possible position to do that, and thats what Im trying to do.Rkie Gary Sanchez had four hits, including his first major league home run. Didi Gregorius also homered for New York, which overcame a 4-1 deficit, and Fernando Abad (1-6) gave up Starlin Castros two-run double that capped a five-run seventh.Tyler Clippard (1-0) pitched one inning for his first victory with the Yankees since being acquired from Arizona last week. New York used seven relievers after the departure of Eovaldi, whose fastball velocity was 93-94 mph, down from 97 mph in his previous start.Eovaldi is being sent back to New York for further examination. Pitching coach Larry Rothschild noticed the velocity dip.Larry asked him again: What hurts? Girardi said. He said Im OK. He finally said he felt something in his elbow.Mkie Betts had two doubles for Boston before leaving with right calf tightness.At the beginning of his pregame media session, Girardi said Rodriguez will be in the starting lineup Thursday despite Boston scratching knuckleballer Steven Wright.New York said Sunday that Rodriguez, a 41-year-old designated hitter with 696 home runs, will be released following Fridays homestand opener against Tampa Bay.Girardi said he made a mistake by saying on Sunday that if Rodriguez wanted to play in all remaining games before his release that he would try to get him in the games.I talked to him again on Tuesday about it and said: This is what my plans were, Girardi explained. I knew he didnt like it. But, again, I have a responsibility to the game of baseball. No one individual is ever bigger than this game. No one. No one. No one.And Im not going to forget about it -- as much as weve been through together. Its hard. Believe me, its really hard.Left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez (2-5) will start for Boston on Thursday because Wright jammed his right shoulder while diving into a base as pinch runner against the Los Angeles Dodgers last weekend.Its about winning the games, Girardi said when asked if he liked the matchup. Thats what its always about here. Itll continue to be that way.Girardi then answered about 12 minutes of questions why A-Rod wasnt starting the first two games of the series.You could say what you want, theres a lot of relationships involved here and it bothers me sometimes because people say one thing to do and because it becomes controversial they say another and its difficult, Girardi said. When we lk at this decision, were basing it on a substantial amount of at-bats -- and its not what we want. I think our hope is hed hit 30 home runs again, but that hasnt been the case this year.Girardi said he understands some may consider him a `bad guy for not playing A-Rod.It is what it is, he said. Its part of the job, I guess.Girardi explained further that Boston was in the AL East race and Tampa Bay was out of it, justifying his decision to start Rodriguez on Friday.My job is to put out what I feel is the best lineup, and thats what Im trying to do, Girardi said. Its been difficult.TRAINERS RMRed Sox: OF Chris Young (strained right hamstring) is scheduled to start a rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket. Farrell said hed probably have a minimum of 20, 25 at-bats.... OF/C Blake Swihart will have season-ending surgery on his left ankle Monday. Farrell said Swihart will have a three-to-four month recovery.UP NEXTRHP Michael Pineda (6-10) starts Thursday for the Yankees. Custom Nets Jersey China . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada tk control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Cheap Nets Jerseys .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. http://www.customnetsjersey.com/ . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpl and Chelsea. Julius Erving Jersey Large .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Authentic Custom Nets Jersey . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. Lancashire 70 for 1 (Hameed 39*, Procter 21*) trail Hampshire 548 for 6 dec (Smith 210, Adams 88, McLaren 81*, Alsop 50) by 478 runsScorecard Will Smith recorded his highest first-class score to help Hampshire to a hefty first innings for 548 for 6 declared against Lancashire at the Ageas Bowl.Smith spent nine and a half hours at the crease to score 210 - eclipsing his previous best tally of 201 not out for Durham against Surrey in 2008.Smith, who is standing in for James Vince as captain in this match, had begun the day on 99 following a day of patient batting on a flat track.But he brought up his three figures with the first ball of the morning - cutting firmly to the boundary for his first ton since September 2014. The century, from 285 balls was watchful, bordering on sluggish although an important backbone for his team-mates to play their shots, on a pitch where the only gremlins came when the seam attack bowled a gd length.There appeared no way to see the back of Smith, who had survived a dropped catch on 70, with history showing his two previous centuries for Hampshire both ended unbeaten.Around him Tom Alsop had departed after facing just five balls of the day as he was leg before to Tom Smith. But Liam Dawson kept the score ticking along with a fleeting 20 before he had his off stump removed by Jordan Clark.Adam Wheater added some much needed impetus witth a quick 29 from 24 balls - contrasting Smith - but departed driving to Steven Croft.dddddddddddd. That brought Ryan McLaren to the crease and started Smiths second century stand of the innings - after the 191 put on with Jimmy Adams in the first day.In-form McLaren scored his fourth fifty of the season with a well-paced knock, adding 129 for the fifth wicket. Meanwhile, Smith edged towards the second double century of his career and finally reached it with an on-drive - 449 balls over a day and half. He sn departed lping Croft up to Simon Kerrigan at wide mid-off for 210.Lewis McManus and McLaren added extra runs as Hampshire meandered towards a declaration. The former ticked an edge behind before the latter ended unbeaten on 81, the declaration finally coming after a nicely controlled hk for six.Lancashire were given 25 overs to bat in the evening, and lost Smith in the seventh over nicking Gareth Berg behind.Berg and McLaren got gd bounce and caused problems with the new ball - and the latter should have got on the wicket column when Haseeb Hameed slashed to Mason Crane at point - only for the leg spinner to drop the sharp chance.Hameed and Luke Procter reached the close 70 for 1 - still 478 behind, the follow on set at 399. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 428 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen