special there.Lord Nelson is the second horse to be scratch

in Clan- und Funwars 03.06.2019 10:06
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ARCADIA, Calif. -- Lord Nelson, the 5-2 morning-line second choice, had to be scratched from Saturdays $1.5 million Breeders Cup Sprint after having to be treated for an infection in his right foreleg, his connections announced Thursday.Trainer Bob Baffert said Lord Nelson nicked himself in either a recent workout or in his stall. Baffert said a little irritation developed into an infection.We thought we had it under control, but today it was really blown up and we had to put him on antibiotics, Baffert said Thursday. Its a shame because he was doing so well. Hell be all right in five days.Lord Nelson, a son of Pulpit, is owned by Spendthrift Farm, which is where the horse will stand stud next year.Lord Nelson, a 4-year-old son of Pulpit, was undefeated in four starts this year, including Grade 1 victories in the Triple Bend, Bing Crosby and Santa Anita Sprint Championship.Its really disheartening, Baffert said. Theres a championship on the line. He was doing so well. One thing about the Breeders Cup, were always on pins and needles. I never had that happen to a horse this close to a race. It was very disappointing for all the connections because we knew we had something special there.Lord Nelson is the second horse to be scratched from the Sprint. Joking, the Grade 1 Vosburgh winner, was scratched Wednesday due to an illness. The Sprint field is now down to seven horses. Custom AC Milan Jerseys . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rney said. Wholesale Custom Soccer Jerseys . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. http://www.customjerseyssoccer.com/ .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. Custom Soccer Jerseys Store . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Discount Custom Soccer Jerseys . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. ARCALIS, Andorra -- Diminished by a fever and still reeling from crashes on the opening two days of the race, two-time champion Alberto Contador pulled out of the Tour de France during the toughest Pyrenean stage on Sunday.Slightly more than 100 kilometers (60 miles) from the end of Stage 9 from the Spanish town of Vielha to the ski resort of Arcalis in Andorra, the 33-year-old Spaniard stopped at the side of the road, hopped off his bike and got into the passenger seat of his team car.I could not keep going, Contador later said at his team hotel. This morning I had a fever. And I did not feel gd since I crashed on the first day.Contador crashed in each of the opening stages -- damaging his right shoulder, elbow and hip -- and had already lost time on the other overall favorites.He was in 20th position at the end of Saturdays eighth stage -- 3 minutes, 12 seconds behind leader Chris Frme, who said Contadors departure from the race was a big loss for the Tour de France.We are not going to have to chase his attacks 100 kilometers out anymore, its one of the less things for us to worry about, but its maybe a shame of the race, Frme said.During Sundays stage, Contador dropped back to his team car four times before finally withdrawing.He had started the stage in a bright fashion, though, attacking alongside fellow Spaniard Alejandro Valverde to catch a grup of early breakaway riders on the first climb.ddddddddddddut Contador could not continue his effort and was quickly brought back by the pack before he pulled out in the Port del Canto climb. He then handed his bike to a mechanic and waved to TV cameras as he exited the race that made him famous.The withdrawal occurred on Contadors home roads near the town of Vilamur in Spain.Its bad news for me, said Tinkoff team owner Oleg Tinkov, who is planning to leave the sport. It was my last try to win the Tour de France. But who knows, maybe Ill come back in a few years.Contador, who won cyclings showpiece race in 2007 and 2009, had made the Tour de France his main goal of the season, skipping the Giro to focus on the Tour.If he recovers, Contador is still expected to compete in the road race at the Rio Olympics last month.I will undergo tests to find out what is going wrong, Contador said.Contador was stripped of the 2010 Tour title and suspended for two years after testing positive for the banned steroid clenbuterol in the final week of the race.He was among the three pre-race favorites this year alongside defending champion Chris Frme and Colombian climber Nairo Quintana.---AP Sports Writer Andrew Dampf contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 324 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen