there during a challenging season,

in Clan- und Funwars 03.06.2019 10:05
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- In his NFL career, Houston coach Bill OBrien has rarely seen a rkie receiver get significant playing time.This season, the Texans have two first-year receivers filling key roles and a rkie tight end playing a part in the offense, t.There have been plenty of ups and downs for the trio through the first eight games. But OBrien is lking for the group to be more consistent to help take pressure off top receiver DeAndre Hopkins and improve a lackluster passing game led by quarterback Brock Osweiler as Houston begins the second half at Jacksonville on Sunday .First-round pick Will Fuller has had an immediate impact this season, finishing with 100 yards receiving in each of his first two starts. Hes failed to replicate that success since as he has struggled with drops and injuries.Houstons other rkie receiver is Braxton Miller, the former star Ohio State quarterback, who the Texans added in the third round of this years draft. Miller has also dealt with injuries, but has appeared in six games and has eight receptions for 52 yards.Stephen Anderson is Houstons rkie tight end who has seven catches for 57 yards in five games. He was signed as an undrafted free agent after a three-year career at California, where he had 1,260 yards receiving with seven touchdowns.Its not easy and I think that youll see improvement as we go along here, OBrien said. I think theyre getting better and better ... but its definitely a challenge for rkie receivers to play.Receivers coach Sean Ryan has found himself doing more teaching this season than he has in the past because of the youth of his group. But he doesnt mind it.Thats what they pay me for, he said. I kind of enjoy it. ... There are some bumps on the road, but you just try to keep progressing with them and keep teaching them. Thats the challenge of it and thats the fun of it. If I didnt appreciate that, I think Id be doing the wrong deal.The Texans will need their rkies to play an even bigger role in the upcoming weeks with second-year receiver Jaelen Strong expected to miss several weeks with an ankle injury he suffered in Houstons game against the Lions before the bye. Strong has played in each game for Houston with two starts and has 14 catches for 131 yards.Ryan finds himself teaching Miller a bit more than the others since he spent just one season at receiver at Ohio State following a shoulder injury that ended his career at quarterback after he earned Big Ten Player of the Year honors twice at the position.We need him to play fast, Ryan said. Even if youre not sure, cut it lse, lets go, thats what we saw on tape from him. Hes an athletic guy. Hes got great change of direction and all those skills. So we just need to see it. We need him to process things a little bit quicker, which is coming with experience and practice and all that.Miller believes the transition from college to the NFL would be difficult regardless of how long hed played receiver and hopes things will be easier now that hes played a few games.Just coming in as a rkie, learning all the positions, it gets tough at times but Im striving to be the best that I can be, he said.Fuller had 2,512 yards receiving with 30 touchdowns in a three-year career at Notre Dame and wowed at the combine with a 4.32 40-yard dash. But critics worried about his propensity for dropping passes in college and the problem has continued at this level.Though hes third among NFL rkies with 372 yards receiving, the Texans are working to address the drops issue so hell be more productive in the second half of the season.I dont think you can just say: `Hey, catch the ball, Ryan said. Theres more to it than that. Its either about your eyes, your eye focus or its hand placement and where you catch the ball. Its stuff you learn early on Day 1 as a receiver. But it needs to be addressed and talked about all the time. And it needs to be practiced. Thats how you try to address the situation.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Custom Giants Jersey . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Custom Giants Jersey China . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. http://www.customsfgiantsjersey.com/custom-mel-ott-jersey-large-79f.html . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. Custom Giants T-shirts . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. Custom Giants Jerseys . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. CINCINNATI -- Bryan Price will return as the Cincinnati Reds manager next season.The last-place team announced the decision Friday before playing the Chicago Cubs.Price and the Reds agreed to a one-year contract with a team option. The entire coaching staff also has been offered contracts for 2017.Weve been talking about (a new contract) since the last home stand, Price said. It just tk some time working out the terms of the contract. There is a mutual desire to stay connected. For me, its an unbelievable opportunity. It is a storied franchise. I have really enjoyed my coaches and my team.The Reds entered Fridays game at 67-92, 34 1/2 games out of first in the NL Central. They set a v franchise record by using 32 pitchers and a major league record by allowing 253 home runs. The Reds went 32-57 before the All-Star break before improving to 35-35 in the second half.I couldnt be happier with the coaching sstaff and the way the players hung in there during a challenging season, Price said.dddddddddddd The fruits of that showed up certainly in the second half with a lot better win-loss record and a lot better statistical representation of our team.Price joined the Reds as pitching coach in 2010 and was promoted to manager after the 2013 season, helping to oversee a rebuilding effort. His overall record is 207-276. The way hes handled the challenge was one reason he was rehired, team president and chief executive officer Bob Castellini said in a statement.Bryan has been here seven seasons now, Castellini said in the statement released by the team. Hes comfortable with the direction we are heading with our young players, and we are comfortable with him leading us in that direction. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 121 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen