playing his first match, in the way handled batting with the low

in Spam Area!!! 28.05.2019 09:33
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Paul Goldschmidt is one of the hottest hitters in baseball. Goldschmidt homered twice, tied his career high with four hits and drove in four runs to lead the Arizona Diamondbacks over the Miami Marlins 9-2 on Friday night. "Watch the kid, watch the way he stays with his approach, hes dangerous," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. Goldschmidt hit a two-run homer in the first, a 428-ft drive to left on an 0-2 pitch, before Chavez homered to right on the very next pitch. He later fouled off six straight pitches in the third before hitting another two-run homer, a drive to left on the 13th pitch of the at-bat that made it 5-0. "However many I fouled off, all of them were down and away, mostly really gd pitches, and fortunately for me he made a mistake," Goldschmidt said. It was the second career multihomer game for Goldschmidt, who also connected twice May 18 at the Los Angeles Dodgers. He is hitting .414 (29 for 70) with nine homers and 26 RBIs on the road, but .272 with three homers and nine RBIs at Chase Field. "Its still early in the season so the stats are skewed one way or another so if you get hot for a week or something when youre on the road compared to home," Goldschmidt said. "You just try to go out there and play well. If it happens to be on the road, gd. If its at home, thats gd, as well." Goldschmidt doubled to lead off the seventh and singled in the ninth. He is hitting .440 (22 for 50) in his last 15 games with seven homers, six doubles, and 17 RBIs. "Hes got a lot of talent," said Martin Prado. "We are expecting a lot of things from him. Every time he goes to home plate, were just waiting for something to happen." Eric Chavez homered and also had four hits, and Gerardo Parra and Prado had three hits apiece for Arizona, which had 16 hits in all and won its third straight game. "I just hope we can do this more often, it would sure help our pitching staff," Gibson said. Trevor Cahill (3-4) won for the third time in four decisions following an 0-3 start, allowing one run, five hits and four walks in eight innings. He walked his first two batters in the third before retiring 13 in a row, 10 on groundballs. "As the game went along I was able to find my arm slot and worked down in the zone," Cahill said. Last-place Miami matched its season-high losing streak at six and at 11-31 equaled the 2006 Marlins for the worst 42-game start in franchise history, according to STATS. "Unfortunately we got down and obviously with our offence were just not able to make up that much ground," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. Kevin Slowey (1-4) gave up six runs and seven hits in three innings. "It was the second time in a week that I havent given my team a chance to win and thats disappointing," Slowey said. Arizona led 7-0 before Rob Brantly had an RBI single for Miami. Greg Dobbs had three hits. NOTES: Following the game, Marlins RHP Jon Rauch was designated for assignment and recalled LHP Duane Below from Triple-A New Orleans. ... Diamondbacks OF Jason Kubel (quadriceps) didnt play. "Its not great. Its kind of finicky," Gibson said. "Some days its OK. Some days its not." ... Miami OF Giancarlo Stanton (hamstring), who has been on the DL since April 30, has been doing some hitting in a batting cage and thinks he will be back before the All-Star break. . ... Arizona RHP Brandon McCarthy (0-3, 5.63 ERA) faces Miami RHP Tom Koehler (0-1, 3.31 ERA) on Saturday. Cheap Air Max Wholesale . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shtaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Cheap Air Max Tn China . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shtout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. http://www.airmaxwholesaleforsale.com/ . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. Air Max 95 Cheap Authentic . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. Air Max 95 Wholesale . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shtout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. A dry pitch - especially so in the gd and full length areas - is set to be rolled out in Mohali for the third Test of the series, which India lead 1-0. The expectation is that it would be spin-friendly, like it was against South Africa last year.There was a time when fast bowlers would lk forward to matches at the PCA stadium. There was a time when it was the fastest and bounciest track in the country. Indias current coach Anil Kumble was part of a few of them. He was one of Dion Nashs six victims in 1999, when New Zealand bundled India for 83. Javagal Srinath returned the kindness with 6 for 45 in a drawn game. Courtney Walsh and Kenny Benjamin decimated India here in 1994. The Wisden report read: Only [Navjot Singh] Sidhu was out, but [Manoj] Prabhakar was led off after one over, his nose broken by a ball from Walsh that burst through his helmet grille. That made the Indian batsmen uneasy, especially on a pitch which continued to play true; it retained some bounce to the end and the ball moved in the morningThose days, however, are firmly in the past. The last Test played in Mohali was on a pitch that spun from day one, while in the most recent first-class match, Delhi piled on 495 in their first innings in a drawn game against Odisha..It has certainly gone a lot slower to what it probably used to be in the 90s, Kumble said. But having said that, I am someone who certainly does not give t much importance to the conditions. We need to play gd cricket. I certainly believe that we played gd cricket, both in Rajkot and in Vizag. Thats why we are 1-0 ahead in the series. We will have to do that again, repeat that again in Mohali, no matter what the condditions are.dddddddddddd Like I have said over the years, I think it has certainly gone slightly slower, not necessarily the way it used to be in the early 90s.The cler climate would be a welcome relief for the bowlers though and there may be some sideways movement in the first half hour, but when there is so little grass on the surface, you cant expect it to do t much for the seamers, said Englands Chris Woakes.As such, both sides may be tempted to continue with three spinners. India certainly had great success with Jayant Yadav, who Kumble felt had a dream debut in Visakhapatnam. As a youngster coming into this team, he showed a lot of character, a lot of maturity although he was playing his first match, in the way handled batting with the lower order.Even in the second innings, batting with Shami and getting those 30-40 runs right at the end showed a lot of maturity. The way he bowled was quite impressive. It really augurs well for Indian cricket that someone who has just come into the team has really shown that kind of a approach.Kumble was also very impressed with the way Indias bowlers have handled their workloads without compromising on their disciplines. It was not easy because they bowled close to 240 overs in Rajkot and within three days, in the last Test match, the bowlers bowled almost 200 overs, he said. Its never easy going back-to-back even if you have five bowlers, but still the effort and they way the responded and the way they went about being very relentless in pursuit to go out there and win was very evident. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 27 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen