-0 win over Bournemouth We shall see, but you have to say what a job the manager has done and what a job the players have done.T

in Bewerbung 22.05.2019 16:32
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- When Stanford goalkeeper Andrew Epstein started to lift himself off the ground after his game-winning save in penalty kicks on Sunday, all he saw were his teammates racing towards him.At first, he wasnt sure it was over.Once his teammates made it 20 yards down the field in celebration, Epstein knew they had beaten Wake Forest and were back-to-back national champions.At that point youre just so happy, said Epstein, who had four saves in regulation and two more in the shtout. Its your favorite friends walking up the field towards you. Its a pretty special sight and Im lucky to have seen that two years in a row with my teammates flying on me. Thats a great feeling.Epstein made a pair of diving stops and Corey Baird and Sam Werner scored Stanfords final shtout goals to give the Cardinal their second straight College Cup title, 5-4 over Wake Forest after the teams played 110 scoreless minutes.Stanford didnt allow a goal in the tournament, becoming the first team since Wisconsin in 1995 to accomplish the feat and win the national championship.The game was the sixth national championship to go to penalty kicks, and the first since Virginia beat UCLA in 2014.Stanford finished 15-3-5 after beginning the season 0-3-1.Going into winter something felt a little missing, like we had to take that time to encourage and develop every single one of our players into something like those guys were last year, junior Drew Skundrich said. Over time we did that. We did very well in spring, everyone trained well over summer and we got after it right away in preseason.Dropping those first few games just made us realize this is a new year, a new team, new challenges and we need to take everything we can to get back to this stage and thats what we did, he said.Wake Forest finished 19-3-3. Stanford beat Wake Forest 2-1 in overtime in the quarterfinals last season on the way to its first national title.We had the opportunity to win the game today in penalties, Wake Forest coach Bobby Muuss said. I felt comfortable and confident with the group of guys that were stepping out there but it just wasnt our day unfortunately.Cardinal coach Jeremy Gunn improved to 4-1-1 in the College Cup. Prior to leading Stanford to the national championship last season, Gunn guided Charlotte to the 2011 College Cup as well.Its an exciting journey every time a college coach starts the year with a team and weve been fortunate to be standing at the end of the season a couple of times, Gunn said.Wake Forest came out firing in the second half, recording three shots and a corner in seven minutes.Stanford answered with its attack and Wake Forest goalkeeper Andreu Cases Mundet was solid. In the 71st minute, Mundet saved a shot while on his back, somehow keeping the ball from crossing the line fully. Seven minutes later, he made a dive to the left to deflect away Adrian Alabis header.The opening 30 minutes belonged to Stanford, with the Cardinal outshting Wake Forest 4-1 and holding a 3-1 edge in corner opportunities. Two of the corner attempts came in the opening five minutes.Wake Forest ended up outshting Stanford 10-9, and leading 5-4 in corners.BACK TO BACK CHAMPSStanford became the first mens soccer program to win two straight titles since Indiana accomplished the feat in 2003 and 2004. The Cardinal became the fourth program to win back-to-back national titles, joining St. Louis, Indiana and San Francisco.NO FUN FIELDThe field conditions were a topic of conversation all weekend at BBVA Compass Stadium.On Friday, following Wake Forests 2-1 win against Denver, Muuss remarked it was like playing on sand and after Sundays season finale, the comments werent much better.I think its disrespectful to college soccer, Muuss said when asked about the field conditions. What happened this weekend I think its a catastrophe for our game.The field was replaced in the middle of last MLS season, which meant it isnt in prime condition yet, which Muuss believes shouldnt be the case for a match like a national championship.The field didnt lose the game for us today, it just made for pretty sloppy NCAA Final Four, which is supposed to be the pinnacle of college soccer, he said. The programs and everybody that hurts college soccer or talks badly about college soccer is the professionals and we just played soccer in a professional stadium. So the stadium had nothing to do, it was out of their control, but I feel like its a catastrophe for college soccer.Cheap Air Max 97 Sale . There was no hesitation from the 40th-ranked Pospisil, from Vernon, B.C., who admitted that he cut back on his training sessions over the last few days to conserve energy as the long ATP season finishes next week at the Paris Masters. Cheap Air Max 97 China . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. http://www.cheapnikeairmax97.com/ . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a pr game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side lked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Air Max 97 Sale Cheap . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. Air Max 97 China Wholesale . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night.Niall Quinn fears Leicester could trip up in the title race and does not believe their favourable run-in matters at this stage.Claudio Ranieris men lead the Premier League by five points from Tottenham, who beat Bournemouth 3-0 on Sunday, and have kinder-lking fixtures with seven games remaining.However, Sky Sports pundit Quinn says the nerves could hit home if they slip up just once, as they chase a first-ever top flight title having been 5,000/1 for the crown back in August. Niall Quinn and Graeme Souness not convinced Leicester will go on to win the title Quinn told Super Sunday: I watched the game live and it was up and down. It was unbelievable. You didnt know who was going to get the breakthrough. In absolute truth Crystal Palace could have won the game.You can be sure of one thing, they will go out and try and score goals. When they start to get picked off - if it happens - then well see what Ranieri has to do.Hes just letting it flow at the moment, but when that one result goes wrong well know a lot more.All day long, Spurs have a tougher run-in, but Im not so certain its a matter of who youre playing against. Its a matter of how you deal with this incredible challenge thats ahead of you. Remaining fixtures Leicester Tottenham Southampton (H) Liverpl (A) Sunderland (A) Man Utd (H) West Ham (H) Stoke (A) Swansea (H) West Brom (H) Man Utd (A) Chelsea (A) Everton (H) Southampton (H) Chelsea (A) Newcastle (A) Im just convinced that Leicester are going to hit some kind of banana skin.dddddddddddd I hope it doesnt happen and Im with everybody else on that. I want Leicester to win the title.But thats the time well see what they are really made of. I really hope they win it.I think there are games there that Spurs could trip up in. Leicester, on paper, have an easier run-in, but that goes out the window with what is at stake. Claudio Ranieri has performed wonders at Leicester Tottenham are lking for their first title since 1961, and Graeme Souness believes their young side will push Leicester to the wire.Souness echoed Quinns belief that one defeat could rock Leicester, but says a Foxes title win would be great for the game.I want Leicester to win the league. I think it would be great for ftball. There is still a doubt in my mind: will they choke?I just think the nearer they get to the finishing line… Ive got it in my head, maybe because its never been done before. Tottenham narrowed the gap to five points with a 3-0 win over Bournemouth We shall see, but you have to say what a job the manager has done and what a job the players have done.Tottenham are a team that werent fancied and all of a sudden they have come into the race with no one fancying them. They are not talking about winning it and will be delighted with Champions League ftball.Tottenham have got a youthful group that will keep going. I think they will push them all the way.If Leicester slip up once then you will see those nerves jangling.Also See:Spurs win to maintain title pushMahrez sends Foxes eight clearLeicesters remarkable statsRanieri remaining grounded ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 185 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen