major part of our new Alumni Mentori

in Bewerbung 22.05.2019 16:32
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers rkies Ross Stripling and Grant Dayton got to face David Ortiz on Saturday when the Red Sox designated hitter made a rare start in the field in an NL park. It turned out to be a special experience for both pitchers.Stripling and three relievers combined on a five-hitter and held Ortiz hitless in three at-bats while Los Angeles beat Boston 3-0.Ortiz made his first start this season at first base and had two nice catches, but didnt do much at the plate.Stripling got Ortiz to ground out with two men on in the first inning, and then got him to fly out to end the third.That will be something I lk back on and really remember, Stripling said. To think the legacy that he has and the year hes having, to get him out in a big jam in the first and to get him out again, thats pretty cl.Stripling (3-3) pitched five innings after being called up from the minors when pitcher Bud Norris was put on the disabled list.Making his first start for the Dodgers since May 19, he gave up hits to the first two batters and loaded the bases in the first inning. He retired Sandy Leon on a soft grounder back to the mound to end the inning.That was probably the biggest pitch I threw all day, lking back, Stripling said. I threw a 3-2 changeup after a 2-2 changeup ... and was lucky I fled him a little bit.Stripling settled down after the rough start to retire 15 of the last 18 hitters he faced, allowing four hits and a walk and striking out four.Dayton, up from the minors on Thursday, followed with two scoreless innings, including a strikeout of Ortiz in the sixth.I was trying not to think about it, Dayton said when asked about facing Ortiz. Obviously, hes a legend, but I still had to do my job. I just tried to execute my pitches and trust (catcher) A.J. (Ellis).Kenley Jansen closed for his NL-leading 33rd save.Adrian Gonzalez added three hits and an RBI for Los Angeles. Hes batting .386 (22 for 57) since July 1 and has nine games with at least three hits this year.Eduardo Rodriguez (2-5) gave up three runs and eight hits over 4 1/3 innings.The first ball hit by the Dodgers, a soft liner off the bat of Howie Kendrick, forced Ortiz to move to his right to make a lunging catch. With runners on first and third in the fifth, Ortiz made a diving catch of Josh Reddicks liner to end the inning.Gd hands never leave you. Remember that, Ortiz said.Ortiz left in the sixth inning and Travis Shaw shifted from third to first.I just didnt want to go three days without playing, but Im OK, Ortiz said. I got a little sore out there.Mkie Betts had two hits for Boston.Corey Seager set the Dodgers rkie record with his 31st double of the season, an RBI hit that made it 2-0 in the fifth. He had been tied with Eric Karros (1992).Ellis got his first RBI since June 27 with a two-out single in the second.DISH DECISIONThe Red Sox may put newly acquired C Bryan Holaday behind plate Sunday, manager John Farrell said. Holaday was a teammate of Sunday starter David Price in Detroit in 2014-15.Holaday was claimed off waivers from Texas on Friday.There would be no hesitation for Bryan to handle David tomorrow, Farrell said. David had a lot of history with Bryan back from Detroit. Theres a comfort level there.TRAINERS RMRed Sox: 2B Dustin Pedroia, who left Friday nights game after fouling a pitch off his left ankle, was still sore Saturday and didnt play. Farrell said Pedroia would hopefully be back in the lineup Sunday. ... OF Chris Youngs rehab assignment date will depend upon a baserunning workout Sunday. ... 1B Hanley Ramirez, after sitting out two games with a jammed left wrist, came through Fridays game without incident. He struck out as a pinch hitter in the seventh inning Saturday, and Farrell expected him back in the Red Sox lineup on Sunday.Dodgers: Norris is on the disabled list with a back strain. No timetable has been set for the right-handers return. ... LHP Brett Anderson (herniated disk) will make a rehab start at Triple-A Oklahoma City on Monday, with a 75-pitch/five-inning limit. ... OF Trayce Thompson (lower back tightness) has scaled back his baseball activities. Manager Dave Roberts said the team tk measures to stabilize his back and core. ... RHP Casey Fien (elbow tendinitis) will begin a rehab stint at Arizona on Monday.NEXT UPRed Sox: LHP David Price (9-7,4.30) enters Sundays start with a 3.15 ERA over his last five outings. He leads the American League with seven double-digit strikeout games.Dodgers: RHP Brandon McCarthy (2-2,2.76) has seen the team lose each of his last four starts, despite him allowing six runs in 17 1/3 innings ( 3.12 ERA). Current Red Sox are batting .328 against McCarthy (64 at-bats).Wholesale Jordans Shoes China . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Wholesale Jordans For Sale . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. http://www.wholesalejordans.us/ . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Wholesale Jordans Cheap . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. Cheap Jordans For Sale Wholesale . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said.Des Hasler has been given a stay of execution and will remain Canterbury coach at least until the end of next NRL season after a four-hour emergency board meeting.However, club legend Steve Mortimer stepped down on Friday as a board member, just one day after threatening to quit should Hasler be handed a two-year contract extension.After the mammoth meeting at ANZ Stadium, Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib claimed the entire board agreed to keep Hasler and negotiations would continue on a new deal.The board tonight was unanimous that Des will be there for 2017, and (CEO Raelene Castle) and his management are continuing negotiations going forward, Dib told reporters on Friday night.Theres significant emotion and heightened pressure around this decision at the moment. We have all agreed that its in the best interest of everyone involved to take a breath, continue with our extension negotiations and, most importantly, focus on preparations for a 2017 season.Despite having one year to go on his deal with the club, Haslers position came under threat after a meek exit against Penrith in week one of this years finals series.The Bulldogs finished in seventh place after the regular season but bombed out after losing their final four gaames, drawing severe criticism from Mortimer.dddddddddddd.Dib denied Mortimer was pushed out of the club, saying he realised he had breached the boards code of conduct.He has instead been offered to become the inaugural member of a newly established Alumni Mentoring Programme, headed by Hasler.Absolutely, it was Steves decision. Steves been a big supporter of governance. Hes realised what he said during the week was inappropriate and hence his resignation, Dib said.Steve has been a great servant of our club and will continue working with our club.We hope going forward that hed be a major part of our new Alumni Mentoring Programme that Des is going to start heading up.Hasler, who hasnt missed a finals series as coach for the past 12 years, fronted the board on Friday for 20 minutes to explain why he should remain at the club.He said he was confident of producing a better finish in 2017.I have the utmost confidence in the systems, structures and strategies that we have in place and Im lking forward to working with the board, CEO and staff to produce the results we all want in 2017, he said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 232 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen