ton a few weeks ago.DYNAMIC DUO: With two more touchdown passes, Rodgers and Nelson have connected on 57 TD passes overall, tyin

in Bewerbung 14.05.2019 12:45
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

New Zealand coach Mike Hesson has said that wicketkeeper-batsman Luke Ronchi could be one of the contenders for a place in the Test XI as the side lks for an opening batsman who can combat spin on the tour of India.Hesson said that New Zealands regular opening pair of Martin Guptill and Tom Latham were likely for the first Test in Kanpur, from September 22, but Ronchi was a back-up option. Ronchi has played only one Test so far - against England at Headingley last year.Its not your traditional New Zealand opener that you require over there; you need guys who can score against spin, find ways to rotate the strike and keep the game moving, Hesson was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz. It does [bring Ronchi into the mix]. Lukes there as a back-up batsman as well as a back-up keeper. His ability against spin certainly makes him an option.Hesson said the selection of the line-up would be influenced by the likelihd of spinners, particularly R Ashwin, opening the bowling for India or being brought into the attack early on.Seamers if anything might bowl two-three overs up front and its more likely theyre going to have spin at one end to start with if theyre going to play three of them, he said. And if youve got two left-handers against Ashwin at the top its going to be a big challenge for us. We have to assess conditions and pick what we think is the right mix.Hesson also stated that New Zealand could consider three spinners if the Kanpur pitch lks dry. If implemented, the three-spinner strategy will see offspinner Mark Craigs return to the New Zealand side. Craig has played only one of New Zealands six Tests this year - against Australia in Wellington - but Hesson felt the offspinner had come back well from the 2015-16 season where he tk 10 wickets in four Tests at an average of 66.60.Between them, Craig, Ish Sodhi and Santner have played only 34 Tests but Hesson said that all three had evolved well. Sodhi and Santner had an impressive run during the World T20 in India earlier this year, leading the wicket charts for New Zealand with 10 dismissals each.Theyre a young spin-bowling group. Probably Ish and Mitch have found white-ball cricket a little easier than Test cricket, Hesson said. Theyre both evolving nicely and its about giving them opportunity.Ive been really pleased with the way Mark Craig has come back from last season. Hes made a few changes technically and the ball seems to be coming out really nicely.One worry for New Zealand is Guptills form in 2016. In the home series against Australia, he scored 81 runs in four innings at 20.25, while his record in South Africa was worse - 15 runs in three innings. His only Test fifty in six matches this year came against Zimbabwe. In India, Guptill has scored 187 runs in four Tests at an average of 23.37 with two fifties. Hesson encouraged Guptill to play the natural, attacking game that has brought him success in limited-overs cricket.That message has been out there a long time, Hesson said. Its important for Martin that we can see that out on the field and he can transfer what hes been training onto the park. I know hes working hard at it.Guptill t admitted he needed to show more intent in Test cricket. In an interview to radiolive.co.nz, he said: Test cricket is the pinnacle and it means everything to me to play. Ive had a bit of a survival mode about the way I play Test cricket but the intent needs to be there about scoring runs so I just need to go out there and have the intent to score runs in my batting.Allrounder Jimmy Neesham will be another important player as New Zealand lk to balance their attack on spin-friendly pitches. Neeshams previous international appearance was the Brisbane Test against Australia, and he was ruled out of subsequent matches due to a back injury. Having made his return to the Test squad, Neesham is confident he can cope with the workload of the five-day format.Weve gone about things a little different this time, been more thorough and hopefully that will give the chance of a successful comeback, Neesham said. I feel a lot fresher now, both while batting and with my bowling.Ive been able to get my loads up now to a level where I should be able to get through Test cricket. The prf will be in the pudding, but Im confident.New Zealand will play a three-day tour match against Mumbai in Delhi between September 16 and 18, before the first Test in Kanpur. The second and third Tests will be played in Kolkata and Indore from September 30 and October 8 respectively.Nike Sb Schuhe Schweiz . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. Nike Sb Schuhe Günstig . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. http://www.nikesbschuhe.ch/ . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Nike Sb Kaufen Schweiz . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. Nike Sb Schuhe Sale . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2.GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Packers receiver Jordy Nelson sounds as if hes running out of superlatives to describe quarterback Aaron Rodgers.Nothing surprises Nelson anymore about Rodgers, not even when the two-time NFL MVP is playing with two sore legs.Rodgers threw for 246 yards and three scores, including two to Nelson , and dissected Seattles top-ranked defense in a 38-10 win on Sunday over the Seahawks.Already playing with a sore left hamstring, Rodgers said he hurt his right calf while throwing a tone-setting, 66-yard touchdown pass to Davante Adams on the games opening drive.Rodgers trademark mobility might be limited, but his arm is working just fine. He finished 18 of 23.I mean theres nothing that he cant do, Nelson said. Weve seen it for years now, in practice, in games. So as hard as it is -- in a gd way he cant impress us because he does it all the time.The Packers (7-6) won their third straight following a four-game losing streak to keep their playoff hopes alive . They stayed two games back of first-place Detroit in the NFC North, with their final three regular-season games coming against divisional opponents.Dont think for one minute that Rodgers plans to miss any time.Thats ftball. You deal with injuries, you know. Id like to talk about the win -- youre talking about my injuries, Rodgers told reporters. Im not missing games, so ... weve won three in a row.Seattles defense lked terrible in its first game without former All-Pro safety Earl Thomas, who has a broken leg.But Russell Wilsons career-high five interceptions might have been the most startling disappointment for the Seahawks (8-4-1). Wilson was 22 of 39 for 240 yards and one touchdown.There were just t many in there and we dont have to talk about each play, Wilson said. Obviously, we cant turn the ball over and I put that on me.Well, not entirely.Three interceptions deflected off his receivers hands, including one that also caromed off Doug Baldwins helmet to cornerback Damarious Randall. Seattle coughed up six turnovers overall.It was a stunning turn for Seattle a week after blowing out Carolina 40-7. The Seahawks missed out on a chance to clinch the NFC West following Arizonas loss to Miami earlier Sunday.This is such a rare occurrence for our team, Seattle coach Pete Carroll said.ddddddddddddIts just something at this time we have to push behind us and get going.Other notes and takeaways from Sundays game:MISSING THOMAS: Green Bay gained 330 yards in Seattles first game without Thomas. Replacement Steven Terrell had three tackles.We just didnt have his hustle out there, safety Kam Chancellor said. Earl has a hustle about him, we just didnt have him.DEFENSE RESTS: Most of the focus about defense going into the game was about Seattles league-best unit, but the Seahawks gave up a season high in points. The Packers dominated, mixing in a few blitzes and getting effective pressure on Wilson most of the game against a shaky offensive line. It was an impressive showing without starting linebackers Nick Perry (hand) and Blake Martinez (knee). Outside linebacker Clay Matthews (shoulder) was limited mainly to passing downs.OUT IN FRONT: Green Bay had a 21-3 lead at halftime, reminiscent of the way the Packers built big leads on opponents in recent dominant seasons. Theyve scored first each time in their three-game win streak. The Packers lk nothing like the team that suffered back-to-back blowout losses at Tennessee and Washington a few weeks ago.DYNAMIC DUO: With two more touchdown passes, Rodgers and Nelson have connected on 57 TD passes overall, tying Hall of Famer Brett Favre and Antonio Freeman for the most touchdown passes from a quarterback to a receiver in franchise history.Its a reminder, honestly, to me, (of) the time and the work that we both put in, individually and together on the practice field, in the meeting rms, on the sideline and just reaping the benefits for it, Nelson said.INJURIES: Besides Rodgers, tight end Jared Ck left the game with a chest injury following an incompletion deep down the left sideline with 1:55 left in the second quarter. Receiver Randall Cobb left briefly in the second quarter with a left ankle injury.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL .---Follow Genaro Armas at: https://twitter.com/GArmasAP ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 17 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen