areer.Most athletes dont have an opp

in Bewerbung 14.05.2019 12:44
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

AKRON, Ohio -- Jordan Spieth has heard the whispers. He has also heard the considerably more voluble criticisms.He can easily recite them, t. Like ticking off boxes on a checklist.Hit the ball.Youre taking forever. Its t boring. These objections, whether they emanate from behind the gallery ropes at a tournament or through the anonymity of social media, havent fallen on deaf ears.Along with his swing instructor, Cameron McCormick, Spieth knew what people were saying about his pace of play.I noticed and Id get plenty of comments on it from other people, he said. But Cameron also mentioned, Hey, I think youre going to play better if you just step up and swing. So Im trying to do a bit of that.Spieth could be excused for failing to immediately rectify this during the course of competition, though -- especially when he doesnt have his best stuff and might find it hard to get into a rhythm.That has been the case this week -- from tee to green, at least -- as through two rounds of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational he has found just 12 of 28 fairways and hit only 15 of 36 greens in regulation, while posting scores of 68-71. That has him in a share of sixth place entering the weekend, just 3 strokes off the lead and much better than his stats would indicate.After the second round, Spieth didnt use playing quicker as an excuse. In fact, he credits the process for helping his game.The quicker part actually helps me, because then I just get up there and fire away, he explained Friday. The more I can do that, actually I think the better off [I am with a] kind of gun-slinging mentality, just to go up and hit the way I always have played.Playing quicker is just one piece of the puzzle that hes hoping to solve while trying to emerge from what he has described as a little lull. Following his win at last months Dean & DeLuca Invitational, he finished T-57 at the Memorial Tournament and T-37 at the U.S. Open, where he was the defending champion.Another key to that is maintaining a strong mental disposition during tournament rounds -- essentially, getting less frustrated with himself when things arent going well.Prior to the opening round, he told caddie Michael Greller, Im going to [focus] the rest of this year [on being] a lot stronger mentally than I have been and just not dwell in conversation on each shot.That philosophy worked to the tune of four closing birdies on Thursday when he was clearly fighting his swing, and just 21 total putts -- the fewest in a single round of his young career.While he didnt quite carry that same momentum into Fridays round, Spieth played the first dozen holes bogey-free before posting two in his final six.It wasnt that long ago that such a finish wouldve left a more bitter taste in his mouth. Instead, he appeared content with his play and optimistic toward the weekend.I almost held a bogey-free round together today, which would have been really special, he said. So yeah, I mean, I played about the same as yesterday, just made that many more putts yesterday.Unlike injured golfers or those playing with nothing to lose, there might not be a specific adage about players in contention without playing their best game, but maybe there should be. The first page of the leaderboard at Firestone Country Club is tightly packed, with Jason Day leading the way and 12 others within 4 strokes of his pace.If youre seeking the guy who could make a run on Moving Day, consider a player who hasnt yet figured out his swing this week.That player might very well be Spieth, who is trying to emerge from that little lull.Of course, every day for him is now Moving Day, in a way.While he has heard those criticisms about his pace of play from galleries and through social media, he has yet to hear any complaints from fellow players.Well, not without some prodding.I mean, Ill joke with them about [my slow play] maybe, and theyll say, Yeah, you are, he acknowledged with a laugh. But thats fine.The happy byproduct for Spieth is that becoming quicker could help him -- he believes -- to play better, t.Yeezy Bst 350 Günstig Kaufen . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Yeezy Bst 350 Bestellen Schweiz . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpl and Chelsea. http://www.yeezy350schweiz.ch/ . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. Yeezy Bst 350 Schweiz Kaufen . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Yeezy Bst 350 Billig . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship.New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony has won an NCAA championship at Syracuse, is the leading scorer in USA mens basketball history and will, potentially, win his third gold medal in Rio. The one thing missing for Anthony is an NBA title and at the age of 32, his prime is coming to a close.?Anthony spoke with ESPNs Marc Stein about potentially winning his third gold medal at the Olympics and being content with his career.Most athletes dont have an opportunity to say that they won a gold medal, better yet three gold medals, Anthony said. I would be very happy walking away from the game knowing that Ive giiven the game everything I have, knowing I played on a high level at every level: high schl, college, won [a championship at Syracuse] in college and possibly three gold medals.dddddddddddd.I can lk back on it when my career is over -- if I dont have an NBA championship ring -- and say I had a great career.How would you you consider Anthonys career if he never wins that elusive NBA title?Anthony has not reached the playoffs with the Knicks in each of the last three seasons.? ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 62 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen