e back for the weekend series with the

in Bewerbung 12.05.2019 15:22
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois coach Lovie Smith says he does not know much about Murray State.Racers coach Mike Stewart says he resorted to YouTube to watch how Smiths NFL teams went about their business.The season-opener between the two teams on Saturday is shrouded in a bit of mystery for the two coaches, neither of whom has been in place for very long. Smith is an NFL veteran getting ready to coach his first college game in front of a fan base desperate to finally cheer for a winner while Stewart is entering his second season with Murray State after a 3-8 season a year ago.The teams have never played each other, but what is certain is the optimism around the Illinois program with Smiths debut finally here.Illinois has had losing records in seven of the past eight seasons. A year ago, the Illini were getting ready for their opener after coach Tim Beckman was abruptly fired following an investigation that found he interfered in player medical decisions and pushed players to play hurt. Illinois finished the season 5-7 under interim coach Bill Cubit.For Steward, the opener has required some homework based on Smiths background as a head coach of the Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.Weve been watching Tampa Bay Bucs film. Just type in, like, Tampa Bay versus Atlanta Falcons on YouTube and watching it, he said.Things to lk for Saturday when Illinois hosts the Ftball Championship Subdivision Racers:LOVIES FIRSTSSmith admitted to butterflies this week as he prepared for his opener.Theres a lot of excitement, to put it mildly. Its been a long time since I walked into a stadium with a band playing, he said.CAN ILLINOIS RUN?Smith and offensive crdinator Garrick McGee have said the Illinois offense will have to be able to run, and run with power, to succeed. That plan includes a fullback, something Illinois didnt use last year. Sophomore tailback KeShawn Vaughn likes the idea of running downhill and doing it behind a big fullback.It makes me feel more comfortable back there, Vaughn said.DEFENSIVE PRESSUREIllinois players are lking forward to life in the Tampa 2 defense that Smith and defensive crdinator Hardy Nickerson have installed. Thats particularly true for linemen who say their priority is the pass rush, with this weeks target being Racers quarterback KD Humphries.Ive got the green light to just go get the ball, make a play in the backfield, defensive end Carroll Phillips said.MURRAYS AMBITIONSStewart believes that if his young team plays as it has in practice, it can be gd. But for that to happen, he says his players cant let a Big Ten opponent and a 60,000-seat stadium overwhelm them.Thats the biggest thing is just calming those kids down and saying, `Hey listen, you do realize that this is the same exact play that weve been running for the last three weeks? Nothing has changed, Stewart said.THE LESS THEY KNOWAs an NFL head coach, Smith was accustomed to league rules requiring a certain level of detail in injury reports.One part of college ftball I like is you dont have an injury list that you have to go through, Smith joked, adding that the Illini had no serious injuries.---Follow David Mercer on Twitter: (at)davidmercerAP---Online: AP college ftball coverage: tball.ap.org/" target="_blank">http://www.collegeftball.ap.org/MLB Jerseys Clearance . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-fted shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic . There was no hesitation from the 40th-ranked Pospisil, from Vernon, B.C., who admitted that he cut back on his training sessions over the last few days to conserve energy as the long ATP season finishes next week at the Paris Masters. http://www.wholesalenfljerseysclearance.com/ . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Wholesale Authentic MLB Jerseys . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. NFL Jerseys Clearance . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. SAN DIEGO -- Manager Bud Black rolled the dice and the San Diego Padres came up winners. With the tying runner on first and San Diego nursing a one-run lead against the Rockies in the ninth inning, Black left starter Eric Stults in the game. He was rewarded when the left-hander struck out Josh Rutledge to finish off a four-hitter that gave the Padres a 2-1 victory over Colorado and snapped a 10-game losing streak. Black went out to the mound in the ninth thinking hed take his starter out. "To be honest, I went out there thinking that I might make a change," Black said. "Ive been in those shoes before and I know what goes through a pitchers mind. I got out there and when I hit the dirt I saw the lk in his eyes . that he wasnt ready to come out. So I asked him, How do you feel? and he said, I got this." Stults (7-7) notched his second complete game of the season and fourth of his career. He is 4-0 with a 1.14 ERA in his last six home starts and the Padres have won each of his last seven starts at Petco Park since April 27. "He (Black) came out and asked me how I felt," said Stults, who walked three and struck out five. "I lked him straight in the eye and said Gd. And he kind of gave me that lk Are you sure? and I said, Yeah. "I hadnt had that high a pitch count (122) in a long time, Stults added, "but I was sharp with most of my pitches." Stults had taken a 2-0 two-hit shutout into the ninth before giving up a one-out double to Willin Rosario, his second hit of the game. With two out, pinch hitter Nolan Arenado blped a single into right scoring Rosario. That set the stage for the meeting at the mound. Stults had a no-hitter in the fifth inning when Rutledge legged out an infield hit on a grounder to shortstop.dddddddddddd Jhoulys Chacin (8-4) tk the loss going six innings, allowing one run on five hits with four strikeouts and two walks. The loss snapped Chacins five-game winning streak. He had not lost since May 16. Alexi Amarista drove in both of the Padres runs with an RBI triple in the third off Chacin and a bases-loaded single off of Colorado reliever Wilton Lopez in the seventh. Amaristas triple to right-centre scored Everth Cabrera from first base. His single scored Will Venable, who had doubled leading off the seventh. Nick Hundley and Cabrera had singled to load the bases. "Stults got a lot of ground ball outs," Rockies manager Walk Weis said. "We rolled over a lot of soft stuff for him. We couldnt get anything together offensively." NOTES: Padres general manager Josh Byrnes addressed the resignation of Padres President/CEO Tom Garfinkel on Tuesday, saying he was "not completely surprised" and that "nothing has changed with me or baseball operations." ... Padres INF Yonder Alonso went 0 for 3 in his rehab start at 1B Monday and played six innings, reporting to Black that his right hand was fine. He could be back for the weekend series with the Giants. . Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez was not in the starting lineup for the second consecutive game. He left Sundays game against the Arizona Diamondbacks with an injury to his right middle finger and is day to day. ... OF Dexter Fowler, who went 0 for 3 with a walk in a rehab start Monday night at Triple-A Colorado Springs, where he played again Tuesday night, could rejoin the Rockies on Friday when they play at the Dodgers, Weiss said. Fowler has been on the disabled list since July 2 (retroactive to June 26) with a bone bruise in his right hand. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 152 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen