s teammates dubbed him Capta

in Bewerbung 11.05.2019 10:03
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Thomas Davis said the Carolina Panthers game Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings should absolutely be played as scheduled, even with the city being under a state of emergency due to violent protests over a recent police shting.The All-Pro linebacker said ftball has a unique way of bringing people together and believes the game is something the community needs.If you take this game away I think it is going to just continue to add to the stress and add to what is already going on in a negative way, Davis said Thursday.Gov. Pat McCrory declared a state of emergency in Charlotte on Wednesday night and has sent the National Guard and state trpers in to help restore peace after two nights of lting and rioting .The NFL said it plans are for the game to be played as scheduled, although it will continue to monitor the ongoing violent protests that have gripped Charlotte.Panthers president Danny Morrison said in a statement Thursday that the team is in contact with government officials, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department and the NFL. We are continuing to monitor events as we prepare for Sundays home game.Davis isnt alone in his belief that the game should be played.Eight Carolina players questioned and coach Ron Rivera all said they believe the game should go on, although tight end Greg Olsen said his family may be more cautious on Sunday.My wife usually takes the kids uptown and they tailgate with family and friends, but we said maybe this week we should just come to the game, park in our lot and go up to your seats and get settled in, Olsen said. Is it worth moseying around in a town that is in such a heightened state of chaos?Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn, who played five seasons for the Panthers and still owns a home in Charlotte, said Thursday hes a little nervous about coming home for the game.Right now I would be. Its definitely out of control, Munnerlyn said. I might just go check on my house and head back to the hotel. Right now Id definitely be worried. Its kind of chaos down there right now and I hope this clears up sn.Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said he has not paid attention to reports of the unrest in Charlotte and has been focused solely on game planning for matchup against the Panthers.It has been impossible for the Panthers to ignore the events.What began as a peaceful protest Wednesday night led to more rioting and lting downtown with one person shot and four police officers injured. The protests began after an African-American police officer shot and killed 43-year-old Keith Scott on Tuesday.What is going on in Charlotte right now is not the way to solve this problem, said Davis, who is African-American. When you go out and lt and riot, you stand a chance of more people getting injured and getting hurt -- civilians and police. Its not the way to go about things.Davis, the 2014 Walter Payton Man of the Year, has been with the Panthers for 12 seasons and is one of the most endeared players in the community.He said seeing the images on TV the last two nights have caused him great pain.I had to explain to my boys that not all cops are bad cops, just like cops out there have to realize that not all African-American males are hdlums and going out there and deliberately getting into trouble, Davis said. ... Police are here to protect and serve us, but at the same time someone has to be held accountable for what is going on.At least one Carolina player suggested he was considering joining Colin Kaepernicks cause and staging a silent protest by kneeling for the national anthem before the game.Safety Tre Boston, who has been outspoken about his thoughts on the police shting on Twitter, said its something he will decide on in the coming days. He said he wants to talk to people and do more research before making a decision.You have to find a way you are not disrespecting people and that everybody understands where we are coming from, but at the same time you want to get your message across, Boston said. And sometimes it can feel disrespectful when you send your message across and somebody doesnt believe in it. Well see.Davis said instead of just talking about the issue, he suggested athletes should do more.What we can do is get out in our community and connect with not only the people that we serve and work with in the community, but also really connect with the police officers and bridge the gap and create an ongoing relationship to help promote change, Davis said.---AP Sports Writer Jon Krawczynski in Minneapolis contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFLWholesale Jordan Shoes NZ . Now tied for second in the league in shtout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. Air Jordan Store NZ . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. http://www.wholesaleairjordannz.com/ .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Air Jordan Shoes NZ . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. Air Jordans For Sale NZ . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day.CHASKA, Minn. -- Patrick Reed wasnt part of the task force put together by U.S. Ryder Cup officials to reverse Europes two decade-long domination.But in the span of a few hours Sunday, he proved that grit on the greens and smarts off the tee can close that gap faster than all the committee meetings and long-term planning in the world.Playing in only his second Ryder Cup, Reed drew Rory McIlroy in the critical opening match. McIlroy is Europes unquestioned leader, a three-time major winner who is ranked third in the world and one of the best drivers of the ball in golf. Reed, who is ranked No. 8 but isnt nearly as long off the tee, was featured on the front of this months Golf Digest under the title How to Dominate With Your Driver.And on this day he was every bit as gd as his press. The two traded birdies and stares all afternn, with McIlroy turning to the crowd after rolling in a tough 40-fter at No. 8, pumping both fists and practically daring the gallery to b.When Reed responded by sinking his own birdie from 20 feet, he pulled the ball out of the cup and turned to face McIlroy, then wagged his index finger in a show of defiance. But to prove that sportsmanship was as much a part of the bargain as gamesmanship, the two exchanged fist bumps before they resumed the battle on the next tee.I consider everybody, whether its the European side, captains, vice captains ... a big Ryder Cup family, Reed said, said just moments after his 1-up victory set the tone for the Americans 17-11 win, their first since 2008 and only their third dating to 1993.We want to beat them at their best, he added, and they want to beat us at our best.Reed came to Hazeltine after posting a 3-0-1 mark in his only previous appearance, at Gleneagles in 2014, and forged a partnership with Jordan Spieth that was something to see.dddddddddddd They played all four sessions in the first two days, taking on Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson -- the Olympic gold and silver medalist, respectively -- in three of those matches and winning twice.But they were almost denied that fourth match, when Reed made seven birdies and an eagle on his own ball -- arguably his finest moment amid a handful of great ones here. Days earlier, Tiger Wds, serving as a U.S. vice captain in these matches, had told Reed hed likely have to sit out one of the foursomes or four-ball sessions. Reed listened dutifully, then simply told Wds, You are not sitting me on any matches.That bit of defiance hinted at why Reeds teammates dubbed him Captain America. It also put Wds squarely in his corner. So when captain Davis Love thought about sitting Reed and Spieth for the second session Saturday, it was Wds who went to bat for the pair.We all kind of had a little bit different idea, Love recalled. Even my son threw a lineup out. Hes my cart driver, and he says, `Heres a lineup. I finally just said to Tiger, `Are we playing them or are we sitting them? He said, `No, you have to send them back out there.Gd thing, t.I knew today was going to be tough, going against a guy like Rory, especially how he was playing earlier this week, Reed said. To come out and play as well as we both did, especially on that front nine, was definitely something fun to be part of.Pretty sure, he added a moment later, it was fun to watch, t.And for members of the U.S. Ryder Cup task force, it was must-see TV. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 714 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen