20 starts.The Phillies announced Wed

in Bewerbung 11.05.2019 10:03
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Australian Olympic rugby gold medal winner Charlotte Caslick has taken aim at hockey legend Ric Charlesworth for his description of the Pearls womens sevens victory in Rio de Janeiro as soft.Charlesworth, who coached Australias womens hockey team to Olympic titles in 1996 and 2000, said he was delighted the Pearls had won the gold medal but he described rugby sevens as a soft event at the moment.I dont think they had a try scored against them well into the competition, so some events are much easier than others,Australia defeated Colombia and Fiji by an aggregate 89-0 before wrapping up their pl matches with a 12-12 draw against the United States; they then defeated Spain 24-0 and Canada 17-5 to reach the final in which they defeated New Zealand 24-17 to claim the inaugural gold medal.Caslick, who featured strongly in the four-tries-to-three final victory, scoring one try and having a hand in Ellia Greens second-half score, said Charlesworths comments reflected the fact that I guess hes never played sevens.I used to do track running when I was younger, and rugby sevens is like running a 400m - but on steroids, Caslick said on The Big Sports Breakfast.It is the hardest sport that I have ever tried.If you try running a 400 and getting tackled and getting back up off the ground, its tough.Charlesworth, who featured in five Olympic tournaments with Australias mens team before coaching the Hockeyrs to success in the Atlanta and Sydney Games, said that Olympic hockey tournaments presented a bigger challenge over a longer period of time than rugby sevens.I think hockey is as hard as any of the team games you play, Charlesworth said. Basketball is similar, where you have to play for two weeks, day after day. You can win five or six games and end up with nothing and that is tough.I played in a bunch of teams that were undefeated until the semi-finals - that can happen, its a hard medal to win, you have to slog it out day after day.Air Max 1 Cheap Nz . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-fted shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. Discount Air Max 1 . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. http://www.airmax1cheapnz.com/ . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Nike Air Max 1 New Zealand . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. Air Max 1 Mens Nz . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse.PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Phillies remain very high on top pitching prospect Jake Thompson. They just hope he finds his control sn.Making the third start of his career, Thompson (1-2) allowed five runs, five hits and four walks as the Phillies fell to the Los Angeles Dodgers 7-2 on Wednesday night.Adrian Gonzalez hit two home runs and had five RBI to help the Dodgers extend their lead in the NL West. Justin Turner also homered and Joc Pederson reached base four times for the first-place Dodgers, who moved 1 1/2 games ahead of the San Francisco Giants, who lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday.Its just a combination of his first go-round in the big leagues and his age, trying to impress, trying to do t much, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin said of the 22-year-old. I know hes got better command than hes shown. He walked four guys tonight, which is uncharacteristic of him. Hes going to go through growing pains and learn little by little.Thompson surrendered just one hit through the first three innings before the Dodgers got to him. With Los Angeles trailing 1-0 in the fourth, Gonzalez lined a 3-1 fastball into the seats in right-center field for a three-run homer. Turner singled and Josh Reddick walked to lead off the inning.Turner hit his 22nd home run after Corey Seager singled in the fifth, pushing the Dodgers ahead 5-1.I think I was a little t fine, falling behind hitters, Thompson said. When youre facing a lineup like those guys have thats not a very gd place to be.Gonzalez hit his second home run of the game in the seventh after Seager led off the inning with a double. It was the first basemans first multi-homer game of the season and the 20th of his career. Gonzalez, who has 12 homers, extended his hitting streak to 10 games and is 18 for 40 in that span.Scott Kazmir (10-6) allowed eight hits and two earned runs in five-plus innings to pick up his first win in four starts and improve his road record to 6-0. He escaped a bases-loaded jam in the fifth and reliever Grant Dayton got out of another bases-loaded jam in the sixth after Kazmir allowed a leadoff homer to Tommy Joseph followed by three straight singles.We got plenty of hits but we didnt get them when they counted, Mackanin said. We swung the bats relatively well to get enough hits -- we juust didnt come through in the clutch.ddddddddddddShortstop Freddy Galvis went 2 for 4 and had an RBI double in the second to stake the Phillies to a 1-0 lead. Second baseman Cesar Hernandez also went 2 for 4 and has reached base in a career-high 23 straight games.UTLEYS BIG WELCOME (AGAIN)Chase Utley went 0 for 5 with two strikeouts in his second game back in Philadelphia since the Phillies traded him to the Dodgers last August. In his emotional return a night earlier, the Dodgers second baseman homered twice and received two curtain calls from the adoring Philly fans. Utley, a six-time All-Star who helped the Phillies win five straight NL East titles and the 2008 World Series, was greeted to another long standing ovation leading off Wednesdays game.POWERFUL RKIEJoseph hit his 16th homer of the season on the first pitch of the sixth inning, crushing one into the upper deck. The rkie first baseman is averaging one homer for every 14.13 at-bats this season, which is the ninth-highest rate among all players with at least 200 at-bats.DELAYING THE INEVITABLEJust when it lked like the game was over, the Phillies called for an official review on Odubel Herreras groundout with two outs in the ninth. It was overturned, leading to a big cheer from the remaining fans. But Aaron Altherr struck out on the next at-bat to end the game for real.TRAINERS RMPhillies: RHP Aaron Nola was transferred to the 60-day DL, ending his season. Out since Aug. 3 with a right elbow strain, the 23-year-old was 6-9 with a 4.78 ERA in 20 starts.The Phillies announced Wednesday that Nola was replaced on the 40-man roster by RHP Frank Herrmann, while Elvis Araujo was optioned to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Herrmann made his first major league appearance since 2012, pitching a scoreless inning Wednesday.Dodgers: The Dodgers plan to activate LHP Adam Liberatore (2-0, 1.62) on Friday. The reliever made his second rehab appearance Tuesday night, striking out two in a scoreless inning for Triple-A Oklahoma City.UP NEXTThe Phillies and Dodgers conclude their three-game series Thursday night with Philadelphia RHP Jerad Eickhoff (8-12, 3.82) opposing RHP Ross Stripling (3-4, 4.07). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 5 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen