k, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche.

in Spam Area!!! 09.05.2019 10:42
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- A much-maligned St. Louis Cardinals defense stepped up, and Adam Wainwright kept them busy.Wainwright pitched seven innings, Kolten Wong had a two-run triple and St. Louis turned four double plays in a 3-0 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday.We played great, Wainwright said. Our guys made the plays when they needed to and swung the bats when they needed to.The Cardinals lead the majors with 64 errors. But they played a clean game against the Brewers, including double plays in the fourth, fifth and sixth for Wainwright.Jonathan Broxton got three outs and Seung Hwan Oh, a longtime closer in Japan and Korea, finished the seven-hitter for his first career save. Manager Mike Matheny removed Trevor Rosenthal from the closer role about a week ago.Whether its a young guy coming in or a more experienced pitcher, its nice to have a little more of a cushion, Matheny said.St. Louis improved to 6-2 against Milwaukee and goes for a three-game series sweep on Sunday.Milwaukee is 13-25 on the road and has lost 27 of its last 40 against the Cardinals. The Brewers have been shut out five times this season, three times by St. Louis.I dont know if I can speak for everybody but I know Im frustrated with every loss, Brewers starter Jimmy Nelson said. I dont care if its against a Pee Wee team or against the best team in the world.Wong made his first start at second base since June 4, replacing Matt Carpenter when the two-time All-Star tk the day off to attend to a death in the family. Wong had been playing the outfield since being recalled from the minors and Matheny said thats where hell be when Carpenter returns.I definitely see second base as my position and I know Ill be back there sn, Wong said. Its just now how this team is rolling Im just trying to get in the lineup wherever I can.Wongs drive eluded right fielder Ramon Flores bid for a diving catch in the third. Greg Garcia followed with a bunt hit on the squeeze on Nelson (5-7).Wong has nine RBI on the year in 165 at-bats.I havent been driving the ball at all this year, so its been tough, Wong said. I love the feeling of driving in runs and driving the ball.The Brewers had a hit every inning against Wainwright (7-5), but had two runners just once in the fifth. Wainwright lowered his ERA to 4.70, shaking off a rough outing in which he surrendered six runs in five innings at Kansas City.Wainwright made his first appearance against Milwaukee since April 25, 2015, when he ruptured his left Achilles.Nelson allowed two earned runs in six innings. He is 0-6 in seven games, all but one of them starts, against the Cardinals.Nelson, Marco Estrada and Jordan Zimmermann are the only active pitchers with five career decisions against St. Louis and zero wins.I mean, thats in the past, Nelson said. This is the first time Ive thrown against them this year. Im different than I was last year.The start was delayed 92 minutes by rain.BIG DCardinals center fielder Tommy Pham made a nice catch on Chris Carters drive to the warning track in the sixth.MILESTONES MADECardinals catcher Yadier Molina got a standing ovation for his 1,500th hit, a single in the fourth. Wainwright has 128 career victories, tied for seventh on the franchise list with Harry Brecheen (1940-52).TRAINERS RMCardinals: RF Stephen Piscotty (left ankle) returned after missing two games.UP NEXTBrewers: Chase Anderson (4-8, 5.45 ERA) gets the ball in the series finale on Sunday. He gave up five earned runs in four innings his last time out.Cardinals: Michael Wacha (4-7, 4.42 ERA) has won two straight starts and is 3-0 with a 4.42 ERA for his career against Milwaukee. This year, he is just 1-4 with a 4.82 ERA at home. Nike Air Max 90 Leather Sale . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Premium Womens . Jason Zucker and Matt Cke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rkies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. http://www.wholesale90airmax.com/wholesale-air-max-90-ultra-2-0.html . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Cheap Air Max 90 Essential Womens . On Mar. 16, coming off a "fight of the year" performance at UFC 154 the previous November, St-Pierre faced Nick Diaz at UFC 158 in what would be his eighth defence of the welterweight title. Using his superior athleticism, St-Pierre cruised to a five round, unanimous decision victory setting up a much-anticipated title defence against number one contender Johny Hendricks. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson know what its like to play next to each other on a big stage when its all about flag and the gold prize.That was two years ago at the Ryder Cup, and they were undefeated as partners. They will be rivals Sunday, playing under their own flag, each pursuing golfs first Olympic gold medal since 1904.Rose made two eagles in the opening five holes Saturday and did a little shimmy after making a 10-ft par putt at the end for a 6-under 65, giving him a one-shot lead over Stenson going into the final round -- the medal round -- at Olympic Golf Course.After 112 years away, and three days of what amounted to preliminary heats, golf finally gets the feel of being in the Olympics when medals are awarded.Rose was at 12-under 201, a slim margin over Stenson in any circumstances, even more considering the Swede is a month away from his some of the best golf ever played when he won the British Open at Royal Trn with the lowest 72-hole score in major championship history.Stenson had another 68, his best moment with a wedge in his hand -- but not for a shot he hit.Walking along the edge of the water on the par-5 10th hole, Stenson spotted a caiman -- a small crocodile in these parts -- and reached over to poke it with the end of his golf club. He wound up making birdie on that hole, and two birdies later on the back nine kept him within range of Rose.Its not a two-man race, even if it felt like one.Marcus Fraser, the leader after the first two rounds, hit into a bunker on four straight holes early on and wound up with only one birdie in his round of 72. He was still alone in third place, though he was four shots behind and his lack of length could be factor in trying to keep pace with Rose and Stenson.U.S. SENIOR OPENUPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio -- Miguel Angel Jimenez was back on top on a Saturday, this time in the U.S. Senior Open at difficult Scioto County Club. The 52-year-old Spanish player was lking for a better late Sunday afternn result after missing chances in his last two events.Jimenez put himself in position to break out of the title funk Saturday, finishing off a 1-under 69 in gusty wind and sheets of rain to take a one-stroke lead.dddddddddddd He was in a lot better shape in Scotland and Minnesota in the last two tournaments -- and came up empty.Three weeks ago at Carnoustie in the Senior British Open, Jimenez tk a four-stroke lead into the last day, only to sht 75 and tie for third -- three strokes behind winner Paul Broadhurst. Last week in the 3M Championship, Jimenez was a stroke ahead entering the final round and ended up losing when Joe Durant shot 63 and eagled the first hole of a playoff.Jimenez won in Mississippi in March for his third career PGA Tour Champions victory. He has 15 regular European Tour victories, the last in the 2014 Spanish Open at a tour-record 50 years, 133 days.Jimenez had a 3-under 207 total on Jack Nicklaus boyhd course. Gene Sauers was second after a 71. Ian Wsnam (70), Loren Roberts (70) and senior newcomer Billy Mayfair (75) were tied for third at 1 over.JOHN DEERE CLASSICSILVIS, Ill. -- Ryan Mre shot two more rounds of 6-under 65 to take the third-round lead in the John Deere Classic, finishing at 8:25 p.m. in nearly dark conditions.After opening Thursday with a 65, Mre barely got on the course Friday in the tournament that finally got back on schedule Saturday when the players raced to finish before dark.Play was delayed 3 1/2 hours Thursday when an inch of rain fell, then the start was delayed five hours Friday after an overnight storm dumped another 2.4 inches on the soaked course.Morgan Hoffman and Ben Martin each shot 62 to more within a stroke at 17 under.The 33-year-old Mre has four PGA Tour victories, winning the CIMB Classic in 2013 and 2014. He was third in March in the Valspar Championship and has five top-10 finishes this season.In the third round, Mre birdied the par-4 14th, hitting a 60-yard approach to a ft, and made a 6-ft birdie putt on par-3 16th. He parred the final two holes, putting out on the par-4 18th with large scoreboards providing just enough light to see. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 21 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen