e Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night.

in Spam Area!!! 09.05.2019 10:41
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ENGLEWD, Colo. -- Willis McGahees decision to skip off-season workouts isnt what cost the veteran running back his job with the Denver Broncos. His absence, however, did allow the organization to see ample promise in rkie Montee Ball and abundant progress from second-year speedster Ronnie Hillman. That gave them the faith to put the ftball and their fortunes in the hands of the two young running backs Thursday by releasing McGahee, the 31-year-old bruiser who led them in rushing last season despite missing the final two months with a right knee injury. The move wasnt unexpected, but the timing of it was a bit of a surprise. The Broncos could have kept McGahee through training camp as an insurance policy against injury even if he wasnt going to vie for the starting job. Instead, they sent him on his way just before wrapping up their three-day mandatory minicamp where McGahee had gotten just a handful of handoffs. "In fairness to him, I think (for) the things hes done for us, this gives him a better opportunity to hk on somewhere," coach John Fox said. "It gives us a better opportunity to give some of these young guys more reps. Its just a conscious decision for us to get younger." McGahee was mostly a spectator this week and seemed resigned to his impending release when on Tuesday he said, "If it happens, it happens." Hours after releasing McGahee, the Broncos signed Ball, their second-round draft pick, along with cornerback Kayvon Webster, their third-round selection. "Im not here for money, honestly," Ball said shortly before heading inside team headquarters to sign his contract. "And thats what I told my agent. I told him not to bother them that much. Im just blessed to be here because its always been my favourite team." McGahee had two years and $4.5 million remaining on the four-year, $9.5 million deal he signed in 2011. By releasing him, the Broncos will take a $1 million cap hit this season. The Broncos are still deep at the position with former first-round pick Knowshon Moreno and versatile fullback Jacob Hester, among other veterans, also in the mix. McGahee was the first signing Fox and his boss, John Elway, made when they joined forces in 2011, and Fox said parting ways with the affable pro was difficult both for him and running backs coach Eric Studesville, who had worked with McGahee back in Buffalo. "Id like to thank Willis for everything he did. He did a great job for us, leading rusher. He was one of our first signees when we came here to get this thing turned around and its an unfortunate part about this business, but he did a great job for us," Fox said. Elway said, "Its never easy to part ways with a veteran player who made so many positive contributions to our team and community. I appreciate all of the competitiveness, toughness and leadership Willis brought to the Broncos. He was an integral part of our teams turnaround during the past two seasons, and I wish him the best as he continues his NFL career." Even with Ball, who scored an NCAA record 83 touchdowns at Wisconsin, joining a bulked-up Hillman in the Broncos backfield, McGahee shunned the teams three weeks of voluntary workouts this spring, something Fox insisted had nothing to do with Thursdays decision to release him. Upon his return for the Broncos mandatory minicamp Tuesday, McGahee said he skipped the OTAs for family reasons, insisted he would still be the starter come September and suggested that missing those 10 workouts didnt put him at a decided disadvantage by giving the youngsters a head start. "I probably would have been behind the 8-ball either way," he said. "Younger group. Just being real, right?" Now hell be lking to carry the ball for someone else. The 11-year veteran who was set to make $2.5 million in 2013 should draw interest across the league. Although hes pushing 32, hes doesnt have the wear and tear that would be expected of a running back who has been in the league a decade because he spent much of his career sharing snaps. He played in Buffalo from 2003-06 and Baltimore from 2007-10 before joining the Broncos for an eventful two seasons in which he was an integral part of the Tim Tebow experiment and then the Peyton Manning comeback tour. McGahee, who became one of the NFLs most dependable runners despite tearing all the ligaments in his left knee during his last game for the University of Miami, tore the medial collateral ligament and suffered a compression fracture to his right knee in a game against San Diego last November and missed the rest of the year. Still, he led the team with 731 yards rushing. McGahee said this week he wasnt bothered by the Broncos selecting another running back high in the draft, suggesting, "Im a different breed. I can block, I can run, I can get the tough yards. Everybody cant do that." He also said he had been medically cleared to participate fully at practice, declaring, "Im healthy. Im clear. No problems. I can run," and he said he felt he still had plenty of ftball left in him, especially with the way the rules severely limit padded practices now. His teammates had figured McGahee would be back with them for some of those practices when training camp opens next month and were stunned to see his empty chair in the running backs meeting rm. "I mean hes a guy that you lk up to being in the league for a very long time and hes still capable of doing the things that he was doing six years ago," Hillman said. "So Im pretty sure hell get picked up again. But its a sad day for me because he was a real mentor to me." Cheap Blank Jerseys . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shtout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Cheap NFL Blank Jerseys .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. http://www.wholesaleblankjerseys.com/ . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. Wholesale Jerseys . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. Wholesale Blank Jerseys China . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. Sydney coach John Longmire has backed his inexperienced AFL ruckmen and revealed he may use a couple more youngsters to pinch hit while Callum Sinclair and Kurt Tippett are sidelined.Sinclair and Tippett will miss multiple matches for the third-placed Swans, leaving Sam Naismith, 24, (four senior games) and 21-year-old Toby Nankervis (eight), to shoulder the majority of the ruck work.Were really confident in what theyve been able to do, they are two young players that have shown promise, Longmire said on Thursday.Tippett has been out for five matches after undergoing hamstring tendon surgery and is on track to return in round 22.Sinclair is recovering from arthroscopic surgery on the right knee he injured against Carlton last weekend, but Longmire said he should be back before the end of the season.Naismith made just one senior appearance before this season but has played the last three games and racked up career-best numbers in virtually every major statistical category last weekend.Hes grown in confidence, his ruck stuff has been very important for us and particularly his centre bounce work, Longmire said.His ability last week to ruck against Matty Kreuzer was of a pretty high standard.Nankervis, who is expected to replace Sinclaair against Fremantle in Perth on Sunday, was one of the Swans best in their NEAFL team last week when the more experienced Tom Derickx didnt play.ddddddddddddWeve certainly got the option to try different options as well in regard to maybe (defender) Aliir Aliir (five senior games), (forward) Xavier Richards (three), Longmire said.Those guys we might lk at in coming weeks.Aliir has done a bit of ruck work for us in the reserves and also as a junior.Hes got an enormous leap, we know hes really improved.Xavier has done a little bit, not a lot. Weve used Dean Towers in that role as well, so we feel as though weve got a few options.Longmire noted around half the Swans side to contest Sundays game would be different to the one that played the Dockers in a finals game in Perth just under a year ago.He said playing in Fremantle icon Matthew Pavlichs 350th AFL game was a fantastic opportunity for the Swans youngsters, many of whom have not played at the venue before.Longmire had no doubt Pavlich made the right decision to play on this year.Absolutely he should have, hes had a really gd year, Longmire said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 20 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen