his year. Hiddink believes clubs such as Leicester have every right to comp

in Bewerbung 08.05.2019 01:22
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

ESTERO, Fla. -- The foreshadowing came on the opening tip-off, when Baylors Beatrice Mompremier barely had to move to win possession against Kent States Naddiyah Cross.Then again, Mompremier is nearly a ft taller than Cross.So a lopsided height advantage decided the games first play, and plenty of plays after that as well. Kalani Brown scored 17 points, Lauren Cox added 15 and No. 5 Baylor rolled past Kent State 84-42 on Friday in the opening game of the Gulf Coast Showcase.Brown, Cox and Mompremier -- all between 6-ft-4 and 6-ft-7, bigger than anyone who dared defend them -- combined to make 19 of their 25 shots, and Baylor (5-1) enjoyed a 49-23 rebounding edge.Really, you could just flip a coin, said Brown, who shot 8 for 9 and grabbed a game-high nine rebounds in just 16 minutes. All of us did great things today and used it to our advantage, I guess.Baylor tk control with a 15-0 run in the first quarter, and shot 52 percent.I have the luxury of having five outstanding post players, Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. I have the three really big ones and two that are somewhat undersized, but we go to the boards hard.Larissa Lurken scored 15 for Kent State (2-3), which has dropped three straight. The Golden Flashes shot 29 percent for the game, 10 percent in the final quarter.We were just proud of the opportunity to play against a team like Baylor and compete at the highest level, Kent State coach Todd Starkey said. I thought our kids did a gd job of executing. We had a couple things happen today that some of our players are going to remember for the rest of their lives.Among those things: Lurken scored her 1,000th career point, and senior Lacey Miller got the first basket of her college career.Those are the types of things those kids will be telling their families 20, 30 years down the road, Starkey said.BIG PICTUREKent State: Lurkens became the 20th Kent State player to reach the 1,000-point mark. ... It was the first time the Golden Flashes met Baylor since beating the Bears in 1997.Baylor: No Baylor player logged more than 23 minutes, which could help the Bears cause as the three-games-in-three-days tournament goes along. ... The Bears improved to 17-0 in 2016 against unranked opponents, 4-0 this season. ... Mompremier is playing this weekend about two hours from her Miami home, and reserve Alyssa Fry spent her senior high schl season about 90 minutes north of the tournament site at IMG Academy in Bradenton.PROGRESS?Kent State had not led in either of its last two games, against Robert Morris and Detroit Mercy. The Golden Flashes actually had the lead against Baylor, holding it for 2 minutes, 27 seconds in the first quarter -- 5-2 being the largest.EARLY WAKE-UPIt was an 11 a.m. start time, and Baylors Alexis Jones got a wake-up call around 11:01 or so when she was benched 51 seconds into the contest. She had two turnovers in that span, including one 2 seconds into the game. But after sitting for nearly 5 minutes, Jones returned and scored 10 quick points.UP NEXTKent State: Faces Western Kentucky in consolation semifinals Friday.Baylor: Faces No. 18 DePaul in tournament semifinals Friday.Cheap Air Max 90 Wholesale . Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shtout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night. Wholesale Air Max 90 . Blackwd, 28, has played the last three seasons in the San Diego Padres system, including the past two summers with Class AA San Antonio of the Texas League. http://www.discountairmax90.com/ . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. Air Max 90 Sale Cheap . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Cheap Air Max 90 China . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods.Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri says ftball supporters should be the only consideration when discussing a potential European Super League.The Relevant Sports chairman, Charlie Stillitano, held talks with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpl, Manchester City and Manchester United on Tuesday about this years International Champions Cup (ICC), an annual pre-season friendly tournament.Stillitano also confirmed they discussed restructuring the Champions League - an issue high on the European Club Association agenda - and he has since discussed the idea of closing off European ftball competitions to include only elite clubs. With Leicester currently top of the Premier League and in a strong position to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in their history, Ranieri insisted the big clubs would only have themselves to blame if they fail to qualify for Europes elite competition this season and in the future. Ranieri is only worried about his sides results and is not worried about their title rivals This is sport, no? I understand they want to do something, but if something strange happens, they shouldnt blame the little teams, they should blame themselves, Ranieri said. [Talk surrounding a Super League] is speculation. They are trying to do something, but I think people must think about what fans want, not only about money, because the culture and the fans are more important than other things.I think they wouldnt start [a Super League] next season, but then something could happen. Maybe next time [Relevent] will have to also call our sporting director!United manager Louis van Gaal also spoke out against a possible European Super League and claimed he has never been a supporter of plans to form an elite league made up of Europes biggest clubs. Everybody knows, when you follow my career, that I am against all the super leagues and something like that, he said. Louis van Gaal says he has never been keen on the idea of a European Super League Sport is to be the best and also when the Champions League was [expanding], I said it was rubbish because now the second, third and fourth team is also playing.It has to be between champions in my opinion. I said that 20 years ago and I say it now again.I think sport is to win, not to be secnd or third.dddddddddddd.Chelsea interim boss Guus Hiddink appeared to support Ranieri and Van Gaal in suggesting qualification for Europes elite competition should be based on sporting success rather than financial might. Guus Hiddink says he is against the Champions League becoming exclusive I think we must all be careful to go into exclusivity when teams like this year surprisingly Leicester is mixing in, he said.They have the full right to be where they are now and are a gd contender for the next Champions League this year. Hiddink believes clubs such as Leicester have every right to compete for a place in the Champions League Asked if the top clubs were spked by the success of Leicester, Hiddink added: I hope so. Why not? Thats real sport. We must not forget what its all about in sport.UEFA is aware of the threat of a breakaway competition but remains confident the continents elite clubs will remain committed to the Champions League. Liverpl manager Jurgen Klopp discusses the European Super LeagueAlso See:US exec trumpets Big FiveLeicester best story in yearsCould we get a title play-off?Pundits pick their top four ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 561 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen