hem. Dozier has not homered in the last four games.Im

in Bewerbung 08.05.2019 01:22
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said his right eye, which has undergone four operations since the start of November, will require another operation after the end of the teams season.But it wont require Zimmer to miss another game, and even though he could have to take extra steps to coach the rest of the season following the surgeries on his detached retina, he said he wont step away from his team.Im not missing any more games the rest of my life, he said.Zimmer coached with a patch over his right eye during practice this week -- a step that prompted plenty of pirate-themed jokes from his players -- and he had to wear two different sets of glasses during Sundays game against the Jacksonville Jaguars: sunglasses that blocked out the vision in his right eye, and reading glasses for when he needed to lk at his call sheet on the sidelines.As Zimmer went to shake Jaguars coach Gus Bradleys hand after Minnesotas 25-16 victory, he had to have Vikings security director Kim Klawiter guide him to midfield.When I did take the patch off, Kim was walking me across the field, and I said, I cant see where hes at, Zimmer said. He said, Dont worry -- I got you.Zimmer missed the first game of his 23-year NFL coaching career on Dec. 1 after emergency eye surgery the previous day, and he watched from home as the Vikings lost 17-15 to the Dallas Cowboys. He had another operation the day after the game, and though he returned to work this past Monday, he had to ease back into some portions of his job.Zimmer said he expects he will have to wear an eyepatch on the sidelines the rest of the season, though he admitted his players would likely enjoy that.There was a lot of, Aye aye, Captain [this week], he said.Zimmers return came as the Vikings won for just the second time in eight games, improving to 7-6 on the season and keeping their playoff hopes alive before next Sundays game against the Indianapolis Colts.When we got back in the building, it was just great to have him around, quarterback Sam Bradford said. I think everyone in our locker rm knows how much he cares about us, how much he cares about this team, what it means to him to lead us on Sundays. Him being back in the building, it just kind of gave us a bst. When we see our leader like that, probably risking his health for us, it does give us a little bit of motivation to go out there and play extra hard for him.Did Bradford joke with the coach?No, he said. Hes kind of scary with that patch on.Nike Dunk Wholesale China . Its an influence in ftball and a big part of the game. Nike Dunks For Sale Online . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. http://www.nikedunkdiscount.com/ . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Cheap Nike Dunk . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Discount Nike Dunk . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St.DETROIT -- Daniel Norris has seen what meaningful September baseball is like from the dugout and the bullpen. Now, hell get his chance to experience it on the mound.The Detroit Tigers second-year left-hander will start the opener of a four-game home series against Minnesota on Monday night. The Tigers wrapped up a three-game series against another contender, Baltimore, at Comerica Park on Sunday with their second consecutive loss, 3-1.The Tigers rotation also includes second-player Matt Boyd and rkie Michael Fulmer and theyre all pumped up by the playoff atmosphere.Weve been talking about it a lot, especially me and Boyd and Fulmer, Norris said. Its exciting to be here. Its exciting to have something to play for. ... Theres a different sense of urgency. We (as a team) have a swagger about us that we belong here. Its fun to come to the ballpark every day and know we have a chance to play into October and through it.The Tigers have an opportunity to strengthen their position in the race against a last-place team that they have dominated this season. Detroit is 10-2 against Minnesota.Norris (2-2) collected his last victory against the Twins on Aug. 25 when he allowed two runs in 6 1/3 innings, his longest outing of the year.I dont think some of their struggles have to do with their hitting, Norris said. They have a very gd lineup and you have to take them very seriously.He wound up with no-decisions in his last two outings, including a six-inning start against Kansas City last Sunday when he gave three runs on four hits. Hes tried to keep himself sharp with the extra days in-between starts by throwing two bullpen sessions.My main focus is just getting as deep as I can in the game, he said. Thats something at times Ive struggled with but I think Im getting better with it, just understanding my game and pitching towards thaat.dddddddddddd As long as I go out there and keep us in the game, then Im doing my job.The Tigers batters have pummeled Twins pitching this season, averaging 5.9 runs per game while batting .315. Minnesota right-hander Ervin Santana, who will oppose Norris, is one of the few members of the staff that has successfully navigated through Detroits lineup.Santana limited the Tigers to one run in seven innings on July 20 in his only outing against them this season. Hes 9-3 with a 3.17 ERA in 17 career starts against Detroit.After finishing August with a 13-game losing streak, Minnesota is 4-6 in September, all against American League Central Division foes.Yet manager Paul Molitor is expected to return next season, as the teams ownership continues to back him.I think everyone in here realizes this has been a year where we had expectations that have fallen way short, Molitor said to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Sometimes people have to fall when those things happen. Ive been fortunate that Im in a position where theyre going to give me another shot to come back and try to do a little bit better the next time around.The biggest bright spot for the Twins has been second baseman Brian Dozier, who has 39 home runs. Hes hit three against the Tigers, though he only has a .174 average against them. Dozier has not homered in the last four games.Im sure once the offseason hits and I reflect on the offseason, (I can say), OK I had a decent year or whatever you want to call it, Dozier said to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. But doggonit, were on pace to lose over 100 games. Something is still off and it doesnt sit well with me.Twins first baseman Joe Mauer is questionable to play in the series because of a sore quad. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 14 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen