after the game, I have no respect for him anymore, Brown said.

in Laberecke 07.05.2019 07:57
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Joakim Soria had already withstd his toughest test, striking out Miguel Cabrera with the bases loaded.Compared to that, fielding Victor Martinezs comebacker should have been fairly simple.I made the pitches that I needed, and I got the result I needed, and then I didnt pick up the ball, Soria said. I probably make that play 95 times out of 100, but I thought he hit it harder than he did, and my body reacted the wrong way.Martinezs grounder deflected off Soria for a tiebreaking single in the seventh inning, scoring two runs and lifting the Detroit Tigers to a 4-2 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Friday night.Martinezs comebacker bounced off Soria and rolled to the area between first and second. With the second baseman playing way out in shallow right field, the Royals couldnt retire Martinez, and two runners scored on the play.Id rather give up a double up the gap than do that, because I had a chance to get us out of the inning, and I didnt take it, Soria said. I made the pitches, but didnt field my position.Detroits Tyler Collins hit a solo homer earlier in the inning off Luke Hochevar (1-2) to tie the game at 2. Ian Kinsler also homered for the Tigers.Justin Verlander (9-6) allowed one earned run and four hits. Justin Wilson pitched the eighth and Francisco Rodriguez finished for his 25th save in 27 chances.Collins was called up from the minors before the game to replace Justin Upton, who was put on the bereavement list. Collins was 2 for 22 with Detroit this season before his seventh-inning homer tied the game. After consecutive singles by Jose Iglesias and Kinsler, Soria came on and walked Cameron Maybin to load the bases with one out.After falling behind 3-0 on Cabrera, Soria recovered to strike out the Detroit slugger, but Martinez followed with his grounder that turned into a two-run single.Verlander struck out the side in the first, and Kinsler led off the bottom half with a homer, but Detroit couldnt add to that lead. With men on first and second in the sixth, Kansas Citys Salvador Perez lifted a deep drive to right that Steven Moya couldnt handle. Perez ended up with an RBI double, and another run came home on the play thanks to a throwing error by Kinsler.Kansas City starter Ian Kennedy allowed a run and four hits in 5 1/3 innings. He walked two and struck out three.RESPECTRoyals manager Ned Yost, who was the American League skipper at the All-Star Game, talked a bit about Cabreras gesture in Tuesdays game in which he insisted Kansas Citys Eric Hosmer get another at-bat to try to bst his MVP case. Cabrera didnt replace Hosmer until the seventh inning of that game.Whats really unique about the All-Star Game for me is that you get 34 guys from different organizations that youre screaming at and yelling at one day from across the field, but you walk into that clubhouse dr and its amazing how they unite into a team for two days, Yost said.RETURNThe most memorable thing Collins did with the Tigers earlier this season was extend a middle finger toward bing home fans back in April. He heard plenty of cheers Friday. The homer was his first of the season for Detroit.It feels great, definitely, Collins said. It feels better to get the win.TRAINERS RMRoyals: Yost said OF Lorenzo Cain (left hamstring) is probably at about 85 percent. Cain is eligible to come off the DL whenever the Royals feel hes ready.Tigers: Manager Brad Ausmus said LHP Daniel Norris (right oblique) was probably a couple of days away from a bullpen session. ... RHP Jordan Zimmermann (neck) said he would probably do long-toss Saturday.UP NEXTRoyals: LHP Danny Duffy (4-1) starts Saturday night against the Tigers. He has struck out at least seven hitters in four straight starts. The last Kansas City pitcher to do it in five straight starts was Zack Greinke, when he won the Cy Young Award in 2009.Tigers: RHP Mike Pelfrey (2- tries for his third straight quality start.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Wholesale Nike Jerseys . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. http://www.discountjerseysnfl.com/ . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. China NFL Jerseys .C. -- Rodney Hd connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. NFL Jerseys China . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Dallas Cowboys cornerback Anthony Brown said he got tired of hearing from wide receiver Steve Smith Sr.?during Sundays 27-17 victory?over the?Baltimore Ravens.I had respect for him before the game, but after the game, I have no respect for him anymore, Brown said. Hes a real character, and I actually saw it for myself [Sunday]. I dont got nothing to say about Steve Smith.Brown, a rkie, said the wide receiver in his 16th year was constantly talking after plays.Coming into the game, they already told me what kind of player he was, Brown said. But until you see it for yourself, tthen youre just, Calm down, but its hard because he keeps yapping after every play.dddddddddddd Its kind of hard.Smith caught eight passes for 99 yards in the Ravens loss. He beat Brown for a touchdown in the fourth quarter and tallied his 1,000th career reception, but Smith called the accomplish bittersweet.Id give all that back to win, to be honest, said Smith, who now has 1,005 catches in his career.The Associated Press contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 143 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen