f their 359 yards of total offense -- and 12 first downs -- after

in Bewerbung 07.05.2019 01:10
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

PASADENA, Calif. -- UCLA set season highs in points and total yards in its loss to No. 19 Utah, just not with the offense it spent all offseason installing and refining in hopes of becoming a more physical team.The change wasnt enough to salvage what lks to be a lost season for the Bruins (3-5, 1-4 Pac-12), but it could offer a way forward.Instead of featuring multiple tight ends and fullbacks, the Bruins used an up-tempo spread with three or four wide receivers on every play Saturday, essentially returning to the offense as it was under former crdinator Noel Mazzone last season.Ill always simplify it, and I thought that was pretty simple, first-year offensive crdinator Kennedy Polamalu said.The UCLA offense had been at the bottom of national rankings in yards rushing per game and yards per carry. Coach Jim Mora hoped that returning to a more open approach would give the running backs a better chance to be productive while taking pressure off the rebuilt offensive line.The change was implemented last week, quarterback Mike Fafaul said, and the former walk-on felt the team transitioned seamlessly after running a spread offense for the previous four seasons.The fundamental difference between Mazzones offense and the one employed against the Utes came on the ground.UCLA didnt just change its running game -- it all but abandoned it. Six of UCLAs 16 rushing attempts came on plays where Fafaul scrambled or was sacked. After Bolu Olorunfunmi was stuffed on fourth-and-1 at the Utah 47 early in the second quarter, 28 of the next 29 plays were dropbacks for Fafaul.Pure runs you can probably count on one hand, maybe two, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said.It worked at times, taking advantage of surprisingly pr tackling by Utah for touchdown catch-and-runs of 50 yards by tight end Nate Iese and 75 yards by receiver Jordan Lasley.But Fafaul also threw four interceptions, one at the end of the first half leading to a Utah field goal and another in the third quarter, which was followed by a Joe Williams touchdown run on the next play. Fafaul was also intercepted in the end zone in the fourth quarter.You cant be so stubborn as to say were not going to try that because its not conventional, UCLA coach Jim Mora said. You have to be willing to try to win. We didnt go into the game thinking wed throw it 70 and run it 10. But we were moving the ball through the air.Fafaul finished 40 of 70 for 464 yards and five touchdowns in his second start replacing the injured Josh Rosen. The redshirt senior broke Rosens schl single-game records for completions and attempts, smashing the old mark on his 58th attempt with 10:10 remaining.With Rosen not throwing the ball before the game because of an injured shoulder and limping afterward during postgame mingling, it could be Fafaul moving the ball in UCLAs next game at Colorado on Nov. 3. Despite Moras public declarations that Rosen was making progress, Fafaul said he knew early in the week that he would start.Josh, hes still struggling with his shoulder, but he is getting better, Fafaul said. I dont know about Colorado, but Im going to keep working like Im the starter every day.Neither Mora nor Polamalu would commit to a specific style of offense going forward, but Fafaul has no problem throwing in a spread offense.Just four plays I wish I had back, but thats life and Im going to bounce back, Fafaul said. I like throwing the ball. I feel comfortable back there.---AP college ftball website: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.orgWholesale Jerseys . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. NFL Jerseys China . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. http://www.wholesalejerseysnfl.info/ . LOUIS -- St. Wholesale Jerseys China .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shtout as the St.HONOLULU -- There were no signs of jet lag for No. 24 Boise State on Saturday.Behind the play of sophomore quarterback Brett Rypien, the Broncos (9-1, 8-1 Mountain West, No. 22 CFP) scored early and often on their way to a 52-16 rout of host Hawaii.Rypien threw for 338 yards and four touchdowns as Boise State racked up a season-high 603 yards of total offense, 403 of them coming before halftime.The Broncos jumped out to a commanding 28-0 lead early in the second quarter and went on to score touchdowns on six of their first seven possessions.I think were clicking a lot better than we have all year and you want to be playing your best ftball coming into the end of the year and I think were doing that, said Rypien, who completed 18 of his 22 pass attempts before taking a seat for the final quarter.Boise State coach Bryan Harsin credited his teams week of preparation ahead of its longest road trip of the season.Overall, just the way that the coaches and the players prepared themselves for Hawaii, I was very excited about that, and I think thats got to carry over into these next two games that we play because its all about the process for us, Harsin said.Rypien threw touchdown passes of 35 yards to Thomas Sperbeck and 6 yards to Alec Dhaenens in the first half and added scoring strikes of 35 yards to Cedric Wilson and 44 yards to Sperbeck in the second. He also ran in a touchdown from four yards out to send the Broncos into halftime with a 35-3 lead.I think we had a gd plan coming in and I think we had a great week of practice and that helped a lot, said Rypien. We just came out and started fast, like we usually do, but the big thing for us was to play a gd four quarters -- well for the starters, three quarters tonight -- but I thought we fought hard every single play.Boise State entered the game ranked 18th nationally in red zone offense and continued that trend Saturday, finding the end zone on all four of its trips inside the 20.Jeremy Nichols, the nations leading scorer, ran for 153 yards on 16 carries and scored on runs of 36 and 5 yards. Wilson had game highs of seven receptions and 141 yards and Sperbeck, the schls all-time leader in receiving yardage, added five grabs for 114 yards.ddddddddddddIn addition to its offensive success, Boise State managed two defensive takeaways for the first time this season.Paul Harris ran for 145 yards and Rigoberto Sanchez made field goals of 24, 32 and 35 yards for the Rainbow Warriors (4-7, 3-4).THE TAKEAWAYBoise State: Wyomings wild 69-66 triple-overtime loss to UNLV Saturday keeps the dr open for the Broncos to sneak into the Mountain West championship game. Boise State needs New Mexico to win out and beat Wyoming on Nov. 26 to create a potential three-way tie in the Mountain Division. The tiebreaker would be determined by the team ranked highest in the College Ftball Playoff rankings at the end of the regular season.Hawaii: The Rainbow Warriors chances of a bowl game are bleak, but not completely dead. They needed to win their final three games to finish above .500, but there is still a possibility they could be invited to the Hawaii Bowl with a 6-7 record.Weve had about a month here where we havent had a lot of positives and we better figure it out heading into the last two games, Hawaii coach Nick Rolovich said.KEY NUMBERSBoise State: The Broncos entered the game ranked 118th (of 128 FBS teams) in turnover margin, but won the turnover battle Saturday. Safety Chanceller James had an interception in the second quarter and linebacker Joe Martarano forced a fumble in the third quarter that was recovered by teammate Durrant Miles. They did not turn over the ball on offense.Hawaii: The Rainbow Warriors managed just three first downs in the first half. They posted 200 of their 359 yards of total offense -- and 12 first downs -- after halftime.UP NEXTBoise State: The Broncos will face another West Division team when they host UNLV. The Broncos have gone 101-6 at home since 2000.Hawaii: The Rainbow Warriors make their final road trip of the season to take on Fresno State. They are 13-7-1 in games there, including losses in their last two trips.---More AP college ftball at tball.ap.org" target="_blank">http://collegeftball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 31 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen