the post, but I do it in one, Im better than you.Po

in Bewerbung 05.05.2019 11:26
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The US Open used its new, $150 million retractable rf atop Arthur Ashe Stadium during a match for the first time on Wednesday night.The shutting of the cover resulted in a suspension of play of less than 7? minutes at 3-all in the second set of Rafael Nadals 6-0, 7-5, 6-1 victory against Andreas Seppi in the second round.Nadal had the distinction of hitting the first practice and match ball under the closed rf.?I feel that the conditions are pretty similar when the rf is closed or open, Nadal said afterward.The most noticeable difference was the amount of ambient noise -- chatter from spectators, mainly -- that could be heard during points.U.S. Tennis Association executive director Gordon Smith said tournament organizers will lk into that.This is New York. And yes, theres crowd noise. And yes, we want the crowds to come, we want them to be excited. We want them to cheer. And we think that over time, the fans will adjust and the players will adjust, he said. Its obvious theres going to be more noise in a trapped environment than in an open environment.Even before the rf was closed, chair umpire Cedric Mourier repeatedly implored spectators to keep quiet during points. Both Nadal and Seppi were surprised by just how many interruptions there were from fans, either moving around in the stands or simply being loud.The people, I think, are used to going to baseball [games] and keep talking, Seppi said. There really was a lot of noise.After dealing with rain delays and postponed finals for years, the USTA finally built a movable rf over its main stadium. It was available for this years tournament, which started Monday, but the first two days were dry.It tk well over 10 years to come up with a solution to do this that was affordable, was architecturally imaginative, that was cost-effective, that was efficient. But we did it, Smith said. To see it work flawlessly was really incredible.A light rain began to fall while Nadal and Seppi were playing. Tournament referee Brian Earley was monitoring the weather from off to the side of the playing surface and eventually walked over to chair umpire Cedric Mourier and the two players to let them know he wanted to shut the rf.This might take very few minutes, Mourier announced to the spectators. Thank you very much for your patience.Some fans applauded or cheered. Others pulled out their cellphones to sht photos of the structure as it moved. Even Nadal tk a glance overhead to sneak a peek.ESPN tennis analyst Chris Evert tk to Twitter to share her feelings on seeing the new rf in action.In an interview with ESPN during its broadcast of the match, tournament director David Brewer said: This is why we built the rf in the first place.Asked what he thought of how things went Wednesday, Brewer replied: Pretty sweet from my point of view.The USTA has said that, based on pretournament testing, the expectation is there will be little difference in playing conditions, regardless of whether the rf is open or closed.The only use of the rf until Nadals match came when it was shut at the start of the tournaments opening ceremony on Monday night, then opened while Phil Collins sang In the Air Tonight.The US Open mens final was postponed in five consecutive years because of wet weather from 2008 to 2012.?For a gd show, for the comfort of the fans and for the fans in general [watching on] television, Nadal said about the new rf, its just an unbelievable improvement.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.Cheap Hydro Flask Ombre . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. Cheap Hydro Flask Water Bottle .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. http://www.cheaphydroflaskonline.com/ ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. Cheap Hydro Flask . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Gdell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Cheap Hydro Flask Online . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league.Thierry Henry believes Leicester are the most effective team with the ball in the Premier League.Claudio Ranieris side are five points clear at the top of the table but have the third-lowest possession percentage in the league and, speaking on Sky Sports Now, Henry said their efficient approach explains their success.The key of the game is to make sure you dont concede when youre suffering because at times in matches you will suffer, Henry said. On the other side, when you have possession, can you make sure you score? Leicester are the masters of this at the moment. They have scored 47 goals and conceded 27, and people are still talking about a fairytale. This is not a dream, this is reality.If you lk at the numbers, Leicester have the ball for around 40 per cent of the game compared to past champions around 55 per cent.So with 40 per cent they can still score 47 goals and Arsenal with 50 or 60 per cent have managed 39 goals. It is more than amazing that a team with less of the ball can manage this, so you have to give them even more credit.They might win the league, and they deserve it. I will put my hand up, I was one of the first to say I think they will collapse because my belief in the so-called big guns made me think they would not accept Leicester in front of them, but they are well in front.Leicester beat title rivals Man City despite having 34 per cent of the ball, and Henry believes a focus on possession can be misplaced. Henry backed Leicester to go all the way and win the Premier League title What bothers me with possession is when, after a game that youve lost 1-0 or 2-0, you bring me your possession stats, he continued.dddddddddddd What am I supposed to do with that? If you have 10 attempts to hit the post, but I do it in one, Im better than you.Possession counts for me when you batter a team 4-0 or 5-0 and you say, We had 66 per cent of the ball, 10 shots, 10 on target, and then I can say, Yes, that was a very gd game.But possession never gives you points. Its what you do with your possession. Get a Sky Sports Day Pass Watch Super Sunday all day for £6.99 on NOW TV. No contract requiredAlso See:Souness fears for City, ArsenalMersons predictionsTitle race: Fear or cheer?Koscielny v Vardy ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 170 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen