dismaying recent history of acquiring veterans who und

in Bewerbung 30.04.2019 10:59
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Kyle Busch enjoyed a career highlight Sunday with his dominating performance in the Brickyard 400.He led a record 149 laps of the 170 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on his way to winning his second consecutive Brickyard. Combining that with it being the second consecutive year he also won the Xfinity Series race at the track, and he is piling up the Indy trophies.The success has begged the question: With so many triumphs at the Brickyard, is Busch ready to attempt the other big race at Indianapolis?Busch wont rule out competing in the Indianapolis 500, but he still remains focused on the stock car side of racing. He has no experience in an open-wheel car.It certainly may open up some avenues, Busch said. Im not sure [when]. But theres some people out there that have expressed some interest to me, so well see where things kind of go.But obviously my focus is on the Sprint Cup Series and what Im doing here.If Busch needed anything to divert his focus, even famed Indy car, NASCAR and Formula One driver Mario Andretti tweeted about Busch following his win Sunday.Almost impossible to describe how gd this Dude is, Andretti tweeted.Busch could show just how gd he is by crashing the Indianapolis 500, although he would risk falling flat on his face as the transition is not an easy one to make. He has great understanding of race cars, but it might take him a while to find the right balance of going fast but not going over the edge.And Busch has other things on his mind than the Indianapolis 500. He is eying the remainder of the NASCAR season and to match his back-to-back Brickyard wins with back-to-back championships.Im having fun with what Im doing right now, and well see if something is able to line up then theres a possibility, but I probably wouldnt put t gd a chances on that, Busch said.The fear of changing focus is that it could lead to a slump or a disruption to what is going so well at the moment.The Joe Gibbs Racing team knows about hard times. It struggled in 2014 and for the first third of 2015 before coming on strong, thanks in a big part to the resources provided by Toyota.Im always nervous because I know in pro sports its very hard to stay up, and so our goal would be can we do that, stay up and get ready for the Chase and continue to win races, team owner Joe Gibbs said. I dont think [our guys] think much about the Chase -- theyre thinking about trying to win every week.Our guys are getting after it.Xfinity Series: Heat races in the bksIndianapolis was the last of the four Xfinity Series heat races and by far the dullest. Kyle Busch led 62 of the 63 laps, failing to lead Lap 28 during a cycle of green-flag pit stops.The past tracks with heat races (Bristol, Richmond and Dover) had more dicey main events, in part because teams had a chance to work on their cars briefly between the heat and the main.The conditions were what caused the biggest problem for all of us. ... It just seemed like all day the conditions changed with the rubber being laid on the race track and the aero, fifth-place finisher Justin Allgaier said.It was as challenging of a day as I could remember ever in my Xfinity or Sprint Cup Series career.Drivers seemed lukewarm to the entire heat race formula. NASCAR had set the 40 cars that made the field through qualifying and not the heats, meaning the heats had little drama. Drivers also knew they couldnt bring out backup cars if they wrecked before the main event.Busch actually proposed four heat races.The second-place car [in a heat] would start fifth -- youd get guys farther back and that would be interesting, Busch said.Camping World Truck Series: More dirt races?As the Camping World Truck Series race at Eldora Speedway continues to be successful, the idea of more truck races on dirt is enticing.It definitely helps keep the prestige in the dirt racing going, and if they have more than one race, theyd have to be really careful about where they tk the trucks, said Christopher Bell, who won Eldora last year and finished second last week. Theres not a lot of places they can go to and race ... because of the back slip -- we have to have run windshields and you cant have the track very wet.Eldora is just a unique place that fits well.NASCAR has five-year contracts with its current tracks but adding a race probably isnt out of the question.I enjoy dirt racing for sure, 2016 Eldora winner Kyle Larson said. I would like to not see Xfinity or Cup go dirt -- I think its pretty special that this is a Truck-only thing.There are other great dirt facilities out there that would be really cl for the Truck series to go to.Eldora Speedway owner Tony Stewart said that the challenge is what Bell indicated, they cant make the track t heavy because that would kick up t much dirt into the windshields. Dirt late models dont have windshields, so dirt kicked back just gets inside the cars.It seems like every year we kind of keep sneaking that direction a little more [with the surface] and we keep making it a little heavier and giving it more grip, Stewart said. It seems like it keeps working. Im definitely open to [other series]. Cheap Air Max 2019 China . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing rm, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Nike Air Max 2019 China Wholesale .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.wholesaleairmax2019.com/ . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. Cheap Nike Air Max 2019 . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Wholesale Air Max 2019 . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Cameron Maybin will need some time to get used to playing left field for the Los Angeles Angels after a big league career spent in center.Maybin thinks hell require no time at all to get comfortable hitting in front of Mike Trout and Albert Pujols.The Angels acquired the 29-year-old outfielder from the Detroit Tigers on Thursday in a trade for right-hander Victor Alcantara. Los Angeles also announced it will exercise Maybins $9 million contract option for 2017.Maybin batted a career-best .315 with four homers, 43 RBI and 15 stolen bases in 94 games for the Tigers. Despite a late start due to a broken wrist from getting hit by a pitch in spring training, he also hit .380 with runners in scoring position, one of the majors best marks.After Maybin learned he had been traded for the fifth time in less than nine years, he immediately warmed to the idea of hitting a lineup featuring two of the games top sluggers.Being on this team, with the way they play baseball and constantly have guys moving, whether its hit-and-run or stealing bases or bunting, I think I fit in with this style of play really well, Maybin said. Im lking forward to playing for Mike Scioscia. Ive enjoyed watching how he manages from afar. I lk forward to being part of that poetry in motion.Maybin will have to make two moves with this trade, however: Along with relocation to Orange County, hell have to slide over to left field.Maybin primarily has played center for his entire career, but general manager Billy Eppler expects Maybin to be the Angels everyday left fielder alongside Trout and right fielder Kole Calhoun. Maybin hasnt played in left since a five-game stint during his first big league season in 2007 with Detroit.I am attached to (center), but anybody whos been around me (knows) I always put the team first, Maybin said. With the athletic ability Ive been given, I think I can probably go out there and be one of the best lleft fielders in the game.dddddddddddd ... I lk forward to playing left field alongside Mike Trout. You put two center fielders out there, I think Ill be able to make his job a lot easier, and vice versa.The 23-year-old Alcantara has spent five years in the Angels minor league system. He went 3-7 with a 4.30 ERA in 29 appearances for Double-A Arkansas last season, yet the alarmingly shallow depth of the Angels farm system made him one of their better prospects.The Angels got minimal production out of left field in 2016, the teams worst season since 1999. Los Angeles finished fourth in the AL West at 74-88, a steep decline from the 2014 team that won 98 games with the best record in baseball.Eppler swung the first trade of the baseball offseason to shore up a position of seemingly perpetual need for Los Angeles. While an MVP candidate and an above-average major leaguer occupy the other two outfield spots at the Big A, left field has been a problem in recent years.The Angels also have a dismaying recent history of acquiring veterans who underperformed once they joined the outfield, including Josh Hamilton, Gary Matthews Jr., Vernon Wells, Matt Joyce, Daniel Nava and Craig Gentry.Eppler was particularly interested in Maybin after getting an endorsement from Bud Black, Maybins manager in San Diego and Epplers current special assistant.This was something that clearly was an objective of ours heading into the winter, Eppler said. Weve been able to acquire a guy that we are happy to put in left field and give him an opportunity to play every day.The Tigers also exercised their $6 million option for 2017 on closer Francisco Rodriguez, who finished second in the AL with 44 saves in a remarkable season for the former Angels right-hander known as K-Rod. The option contained a $2 million buyout. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 527 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen