minor league rehab start earlier this week, K

in Bewerbung 29.04.2019 10:16
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

For the third time in a row, India and Iran are set to face off in the final of the Kabaddi World Cup. Having beaten Iran in the two previous finals, India go in as favourites in Saturdays encounter.India vs. Iran - The story so farIndia and Iran have faced each other in the previous two editions of the Kabaddi World Cup in 2004 and 2007. While India have won both, Iran have gradually shown improvement in their performance over the years. Iran nearly upset India at the 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, where they lost the final by a 2-point margin (27-25) to settle for silver.India have not lost a single edition of the World Cup or Asian Games thus far, while Iran have majorly settled for the runners-up or the third position.In this years tournament, Iran entered the semis with four wins and a loss in the group stage, just like India. However, they managed to defeat South Korea - the team that had defeated India in their opening match - thereby ensuring a close battle in the final.StrengthsIndia have been a strong side overall, showing their dominance in five out of six games that they have played thus far.In defence, Surender Nada and Mohit Chhillar have been solid in the left and right corner respectively. The pair that executed several successful tackles during the Pro Kabaddi League as a part of the Bengaluru Bulls team has proven to be a strong combination for the national team as well. In attack, top raider Ajay Thakur and Pardeep Narwal have been consistent and their form would be key in the final.For Iran, Fazal Atrachalis swiftness and agility can bring stability to the defence, which is also strengthened by Abozar Mighani, who provided four well-timed tackles against South Korea. Raiders Meraj Sheykh and Gholamabbas Korouki, with their flexibility and tactical awareness, would also prove to be crucial.WeaknessesIndia have have struggled to maintain momentum in the final stages of some games. They conceded several points in the last few moments against South Korea, which cost them the game. The only thing that could work against them in the final is complacency.Iran, on the other hand, have lacked consistency. Throughout the season, they have seen wins, but close ones. There have not been t many dominant victories from their side, at least going by the scorelines. The team has been better in defence than in attack. While playing to their strengths is the safer strategy, it could also backfire against an experienced Indian side.The favouritesWhile Iran were at their best against South Korea in the semifinal, showcasing why they have been one of the top contenders of the World Cup defeating the team that defeated India, it is India who have shown more consistency in terms of dominant victories, attacks and defence.What the finalists saidIt is going to be an easy victory for us. We are here to win the trophy, no matter what, no matter how strong our opponents are. It is all ours. - Iran captain Meraj SheykhWe will do whatever it takes to keep the trophy in my country. Weve came here to play and we will keep playing till we win, irrespective of who we compete with. - India captain Anup Kumar. Cheap Wholesale Air Max 95 . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Air Max 95 Sale Outlet . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.wholesaleairmax95.com/ .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Cheap Air Max 95 Free Shipping Wholesale Air Max 95 Free Shipping . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he lks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. MIAMI -- The Los Angeles Dodgers welcomed back their ace with open arms as Clayton Kershaw tk the mound Friday for the first time in 75 days.Out since late June with a lower-back injury, the three-time Cy Young Award winner gave up two runs on five hits over three innings in the Dodgers 4-1 loss to the?Miami Marlins, throwing 66 pitches in the process.It was not vintage Kershaw by any means, but the left-hander still recorded five strikeouts, striking out the side in the second inning.He rated his outing as not great.I threw a lot of pitches. I was averaging 20-plus pitches an inning, so regardless if the pitch count was in effect or not, it probably would have been a short night, Kershaw said after the game. You try to lk at the positives, and I got to pitch again, so thats gd. But you dont want to be a detriment to the team, either. Ill definitely try and pitch a little deeper next time.Despite the short outing, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said he was happy to see his ace back on the mound.?There wasnt the sharpness we expected, the slider wasnt there, but just to see him on the mound was great, Roberts said. And in talking to him after the start, he came back into the dugout and said he felt gd.Obviously every game is important, but for Clayton to be back on the mound, I think thats a win for us.Kershaw needed 14 pitches in the first inning, 29 in the second and 23 more in the third. He gave up a solo home run to J.T. Realmuto in the opening inning and an RBI single to Chris Johnson in the second. Kershaw gave up three hits in the second inning, including a comebacker up the middle from opposing pitcher Jose Fernandez that knocked him to the ground.Five of the last six outs Kershaw recorded were via strikeout. He exited trailiing the Marlins 2-0.ddddddddddddAsked whether it was realistic for him to regain his old form after a 75-day lull, Kershaw said, I dont get that luxury.Its not a perfect world, obviously. But at the same time, its September whatever-it-is and weve got a division to win, he said. While there might be some rough spots for me at times, there really cant be.Roberts said Kershaw wanted to go back out on the mound despite his struggles.He wants to finish every game he starts. So thats what makes him great. There was a little discussion, but he understd this was in his and our best interest, Roberts said.The short outing was not a complete surprise,considering the Dodgers are slowly building up his pitch count. In his only minor league rehab start earlier this week, Kershaw threw 34 pitches and then 15 more in the bullpen after his outing.Before he went to the disabled list with a mild disk herniation, Kershaw was 11-2 in 16 starts with a 1.79 ERA and had 145 strikeouts to just nine walks.It was the second time Kershaw has been on the disabled list in his career -- he also sat out more than a month at the outset of the 2014 season when he won both the National League Cy Young and MVP awards.Kershaw admitted he briefly thought about whether he would ever come back.?It definitely started creeping in my mind, Kershaw said. But you cant really think like that. I probably pouted for a day and got over it.It was a little unfortunate that I couldnt get out there for a couple more innings. But the arm feels gd. The pitches werent great. But I dont think it was because I was tired or anything. It just wasnt a great night. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 47 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen