NEXTGiants: LHP Madison Bumgarner will pitch the series opener

in Bewerbung 25.04.2019 12:34
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Two laptops and team shirts were stolen from Australias Olympic residence during a fire evacuation.The computers and shirts were stolen while rms were vacant during a fire in the basement of the Australian building at the athletes village on Friday.We did lose some shirts and a couple of laptops, one on the fifth flr from a cycling official and one in the office downstairs, Australian Olympic Committee spokesman Mike Tancred told AAP on Sunday.The thefts are another headache for Australian hierarchy, who suspect the fire was caused by a cigarette tossed by a local worker into piles of rubbish in the basement.About 100 team members were evacuated for about 30 minutes during the fire, which is when the thefts happened.The fire alarms in the building had been deactivated without Australian officials being told and veteran shter Warren Potent revealed he slept through the scare, not woken by dr knocking or phone calls.Obviously that is completely unacceptable that a) the fire alarm was disabled and b) that if it had to be, that we werent warned about that, said Australian chef de mission Kitty Chiller told reporters on Saturday.There had been numerous people given approval to deactivate the alarms - now there would be just one, she said.And Australia had now elected fire wardens on each of the 18 flrs of the building.Australian hierarchy have since triple-checked the fire alarms are working again after Chiller met with Rio 2016 organisers and the International Olympic Committee.There was no point in laying blame or saying `could have or should have at that point last night, she said.However Chiller has warned team leaders of other nations to lk for potential fire hazards.I spoke to a couple of my colleagues, three or four other NOCs (national Olympic committees) last night, and just said `lk, check your basement, see what rubbish is still left there, she said.Chiller last Sunday refused to allow the Australians to take residence in their building, number 23 at the village, because of safety concerns.The team moved in three days later after hasty repairs.It was just `really, of all the 31 buildings, it had to be building 23 after everything that has happened, Chiller said.I dont think you could write that script.Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpl and Chelsea. http://www.cheapjerseysnikenfl.com/ . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. Cheap Jerseys China . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said.SAN FRANCISCO -- An exasperated San Francisco Giants team is still trying to find a way out of its post-All Star Game funk.Its hard to put into words how tough each (loss) is, Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford said.In the latest setback, Crawford had two extra-base hits and three RBI, and Buster Posey and Angel Pagan had three hits each, but the Pittsburgh Pirates rallied from a four-run deficit to complete a three-game sweep of the freefalling Giants with a 6-5 victory on Wednesday.The Giants, who on Tuesday fell out of first place in the NL West for the first time in 97 days, lost their fourth straight. They fell to 9-21, the worst record in the majors since the All-Star break. They dropped 1 1/2 games behind the Dodgers, who beat Philadelphia on Wednesday night.Asked if the Giants are nearing a breaking point, first baseman Brandon Belt said I think weve already reached that to a point.Weve had the meetings, weve done all kinds of stuff, were just not winning ballgames right now, so weve got to find a way to turn that around, he said.The Pirates won their fourth straight game and sixth in seven. They remain a game behind St. Louis, which beat Houston 8-2, in the race for the NL wild card.Andrew McCutchen hit a two-run homer, his 17th, which capped a six-run rally in the fifth inning that chased Giants starter Matt Cain (4-.Cain had allowed one hit and had faced just one batter over the minimum with a 4-0 lead going into his disastrous fifth inning, when the Pirates scored six runs on four walks, three hits and a hit batsman.He was throwing so well and he just lost his release point, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said.I probably stuck with him out there a little longer to be honest. I felt like he had enough to get through it. It didnt play out.Cains first pitch to McCutchen was an 89 mph fastball over the heart of the plate, and the Pirates center fielder pounced.I was trying to throw a fastball and left it right down the middle, Cain said.I think the biggest thing was I was trying to make t gd of pitches instead of staying a little more aggressive, it just got me out of whack. I wasnt that far off in the inning. ... I just made a bad pitch to him (McCutchen).The losss typified the plight of a team with the best record in the majors going into the All-Star break that is now stuck in a downward spiral.ddddddddddddt seems like one game youve got the pitcher shutting the other guys down and the offense isnt doing anything and the next game the offense is doing OK and the leads are gone, Belt said. If we could get on the same page, then thats how we won a lot of those games in the first half.Jeff Locke (9-7) pitched a scoreless fifth.Tony Watson survived a scoreless ninth after the Giants loaded the bases with no outs for his seventh save in eight tries since taking over Pittsburghs closers role.After inducing Buster Posey to ground into a run-scoring double play, Watson got Crawford to fly out to shallow center and McCutchen made a game-ending running catch.Pagan extended his hitting streak to 15 games.LA STORYBochy hasnt announced whether hell use Mondays day off to skip Cains spot in the rotation for next weeks series against the Dodgers, but Cain is aware of the possibility. It would be hard for me, Cain said. Those are big games in LA and they are the games you lk forward to and compete in. But we have to do whatever we have to do right now. We have to find a ways to get back right track and winning and get some mojo going.TRAINERS RMGiants: Bochy had Posey in the lineup for a day game after a night game after the All-Star catcher missed two consecutive games with lower back tightness. I dont want him going out there if theres any risk of making it worse, he says hes fine, Bochy said. ... Belt dropped to the ground after fouling a pitch off his right knee in the fifth inning but stayed in the game. He said he felt OK running first to third later in the inning but expects bruising. It didnt feel gd, Belt said, theres not a lot of padding there.UP NEXTGiants: LHP Madison Bumgarner will pitch the series opener with the Mets on Thursday. The All-Star threw seven shutout innings against Baltimore in his most recent outing to snap a streak of five winless starts in which he was 0-3 and the Giants were 0-5. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 70 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen