expected in the future. Longe

in Bewerbung 24.04.2019 12:52
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

SHANGHAI -- Nick Kyrgios lked completely disengaged at the Shanghai Masters, like he couldnt get off the court fast enough. Rafael Nadal fought as hard as he could to prolong his stay in China but came up short.Both players lost in the second round on Wednesday, though the effort they put forth couldnt have been more different.Kyrgios was bed by the crowd and admonished by the chair umpire for his lack of professionalism during a 6-3, 6-1 loss to German qualifier Mischa Zverev. The Australian floated in 67 mph (108 kph) first serves, went for aces on his second serves, and argued with a fan.Afterward, he defended his behavior by saying he didnt owe the spectators anything and fans could just leave if they didnt like his attitude.Nadals late-season struggles continued as he fell to Viktor Troicki 6-3, 7-6 (3). The result prompted the Spaniard to contemplate shutting his season down early.Also, Andy Murray reached the third round by beating Steve Johnson 6-3, 6-2. U.S. Open champion Stan Wawrinka and Milos Raonic also advanced in straight sets.Kyrgios, seeded 12th, arrived in Shanghai as one of the most in-form players in the draw after winning his third title of the season at last weeks Japan Open. But all the matches seemed to catch up to him against Zverev, a player ranked 110th in the world who had only won seven ATP Tour matches all season.At one point in the first set, Kyrgios tapped a soft serve over the net and started walking toward his chair before Zverev had even returned the ball, drawing a rebuke from the chair umpire during the changeover.This is a professional tournament, Ali Nili said. You have to act like a professional.Toward the end of the 48-minute match, the crowd started bing and jeering. One man yelled, Respect the game, prompting a furious Kyrgios to shout: You want to come here and play?Asked afterward if he thought he owed the spectators a better effort, he turned defiant again.What does that even mean? Im gd at hitting a tennis ball at the net. Big deal. I dont owe them anything, he said. If you dont like it, I didnt ask you to come watch. Just leave.Kyrgios added that he is so tired from the lengthy season, he wasnt interested in chasing one of the last spots for the ATP finals next month, either.I couldnt care less, to be completely honest with you, he said.He later sounded apologetic on Twitter, saying, Not gd enough today on many levels, Im better than that. I can go on about excuses but there are none. Sorry.Murray said after his match that he understands how Kyrgios might have been feeling, but he still should have given his best effort.If he didnt do that, then he will be disappointed with himself tonight, he said. But were not perfect. Everyone makes mistakes.Nadal also has a chance to clinch a spot in the ATP finals -- he currently sits in seventh position for the eight-man field -- but he was unsure at this point if he wanted to prolong his season.I cannot say now what Im going (to) do during the next month, he said. Sometimes (to) keep competing is not the solution. Sometimes the solution is practice ... and have a process of training. And maybe thats an opportunity to do it.The fourth-seeded Nadal struggled to create depth and pace with his forehand, a problem he attributed to the wrist injury that sidelined him for part of the season.His goal now is to be back in peak condition for the Australian Open at the start of the new year.I have two months and a half to put myself at the level that I need to be, Nadal said, and I have the confidence that Im going to do it.Other winners included 11th-seeded David Goffin, 13th-seeded Lucas Pouille, Jack Sock and Vasek Pospisil. Seventh-seeded Tomas Berdych lost to Marcel Granollers.Stan Smith Schweiz Online . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont sn forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Stan Smith Schweiz China . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and gd things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. http://www.schweizstansmith.ch/ . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. Clearance Stan Smith Schweiz . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. Adidas Stan Smith Schweiz . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim.Alabama athletic director Bill Battle will return to work on a limited basis sn, according to a news release from the university.Battle, 74, had taken a leave of absence for treatment of multiple myeloma, a form of cancer he had been fighting for more than two years.On June 27, he underwent a stem cell transplant at The Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant Center at the Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University in Atlanta. He was released from the hospital on July 8 and was in outpatient care for roughly two weeks before being approved to return home, according to the statement.I have completed this latest phase of my fight against multiple myeloma, and the outcome was extremely positive, Battle said in the release. My wife, Mary, a licensed oncology nurse, has been an amazing force in every stage of this fight over the last two years. I was fortunate to get early detection, aggressive treatment by the best doctors, and entered this recent phase in reasonably gd physical shape. All of those factors were vital to this ppositive outcome.dddddddddddd However, maybe the most important factor has been the outpouring of thoughts and prayers from around the country. It has been overwhelming, and Mary and I are most appreciative.At this time, multiple myeloma is incurable but is very treatable. Great progress has been made over the past few years and more is expected in the future. Longer life and better quality of life is expected from those with early detection, with gd fitness levels, and the autologous transplant. The transplant process pretty much wipes out the bone marrow and the immune system temporarily, but rapidly regrows. The risk for infections diminishes over time and as the patient recovers from the process.Battle, who has been athletic director at Alabama since March 2013, was the head coach at Tennessee from 1970 to 1976. He played college ftball at Alabama under coach Paul Bryant from 1960 to 1962. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 273 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen