semifinals.Pliskova, the U.S. Open runner-up, earlier r

in Spam Area!!! 23.04.2019 11:22
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Rory McIlroy believes he is still in with a chance of defending his Dubai Desert Classic title after a strong finish to his second round. The world No 2 lked in danger of an early exit when three bogeys in a four-hole stretch around the turn left him below the projected cut line, before he finished strongly with a hat-trick of birdies to close with a level-par 72.McIlroy heads into the weekend six strokes adrift of midway pacesetter Rafa Cabrera-Bello and the Northern Irishman admitted he had to dig deep to stay in contention. Rory McIlroy was three over for the day when he reached the turn I didnt have my best stuff with me, McIlroy told Sky Sports. I struggled at the start of the round and around the middle, so needed something first and foremost just to be here for the weekend.I felt like I played some decent golf out there. A couple of tentative putts, couple of lse shots, but all in all a decent finish and if I can get off to a better start tomorrow then you never know.Having recovered from a slow start on Thursday to post a decent first round, McIlroy carded an opening-hole blemish for the second day running after finding the bunker with his approach to the par-four. McIlroy the Dubai king? A lk back at McIlroys Dubai wins McIlroy bounced back from a three-putt bogey at the fourth to sink a 15-fter at the next, but lost further ground when he failed to get up and down from just off the eighth green.A missed par save from seven feet completed a front-nine 38, before McIlroy dropped back to level par for the week with another three-putt at the 11th.After saving par from five feet at the next, the 26-year-old found the par-five 13th green in two and two-putted for the first of four birdies along the closing holes. McIlroy claimed a three-shot win at the Emirates GC last year The four-time major champion followed a close-range birdie at the 16th by nearly reaching the green off the tee at the par-four next to move another stroke closer to the lead, before finishing his round in style by holing a 20-fter at the last.I missed a few short putts and wasnt really committing to the lines that I was picking, McIlroy added. Birdieing the last three holes definitely gives me a little bit of momentum heading into the weekend. In a way Im thankful that Im not out as one of the last pairings tomorrow, because I feel that Ill get some of the better conditions and the course will be a little more receptive.Watch the Dubai Desert Classic throughout the weekend live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf. Third round coverage gets underway live on Saturday from 9am. Also See: WATCH: McIlroys future win? First round highlights Desert Classic leaderboard Golf live on Sky Sports 4 Discount Air Jordan 5 . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Cheap Jordans For Sale . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. http://www.discountairjordan5.com/ . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Cheap Air Jordan 5 . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. Air Jordan 5 Retro Discount .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. STRASBOURG, France -- Caroline Garcia ensured a suspenseful second day in the Fed Cup final by downing two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova 7-6 (6) 6-3 to draw France level with the defending champion Czech Republic 1-1.Garcias victory restored some hope in the French camp after sixth-ranked Karolina Pliskova won a marathon third set against Kristina Mladenovic to give the Czechs the first point on Saturday.The Czechs are bidding for a fifth title in six years this weekend. They won the most recent tie between them in the semifinals last year, and are favorites to become the first team to win three consecutive Fed Cups since Spain from 1993-95.After Kvitova came back from 2-4 down in the opener, Garcia -- the No. 1 French player -- prevailed in the tiebreaker by taking risks. She closed out the set on her second chance with a crosscourt backhand that Kvitova could not return.Garcia was broken at the start of the second set but made the most of Kvitovas unforced errors to claim four consecutive games. Kvitova saved a match point with a forehand winner in the ninth game and Garcia converted her second with a shot on the baseline that surprised her Czech rival.Caro played a fantastic match, I had never seen her play at suchh a high level, France captain Amelie Maursemo said.dddddddddddd Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day.Sunday features the reverse singles, and finishes with doubles, when Alize Cornet and Pauline Parmentier face Czechs Barbora Strycova and Lucie Hradecka.Depending on how the tie goes, Mauresmo could send out Garcia and Mladenovic in the doubles. They won the French Open, and came from a set down to win the decisive rubber against the Netherlands in the semifinals.Pliskova, the U.S. Open runner-up, earlier recovered from a second-set blip to beat Mladenovic 6-3, 4-6, 16-14 after the French player came close to achieving a stunning comeback on the indr hard court at Rhenus Sport arena.Pliskova used her deep groundstrokes to take control at first but showed her nerves midway through the second set, allowing Mladenovic back into the match with a series of mistakes.Mladenovic rallied from 5-2 down in the decider and saved two match points with two big serves, including an ace, to level at 9-9. The Frenchwoman cracked on her serve in the 30th game when she was broken at love after almost four hours. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 297 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen