hings around the review

in Bewerbung 20.04.2019 09:21
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

LANDOVER, Md. -- More than a year has passed since the Carolina Panthers crushed the Washington Redskins to remain undefeated on their way to the Super Bowl, and, oh, how things have changed.All-Pro cornerback Josh Norman signed with the Redskins after the Panthers removed the franchise tag to make him a free agent.While Carolinas younger defense and quarterback Cam Newton have struggled and failed to meet expectations, Washington (7-5-1) remains in the NFC wild-card hunt with three games to go.These arent the same Panthers (5- who beat the Redskins 44-16 in November 2015, but theyre still a formidable group in the way of Kirk Cousins and Co. returning to the playoffs.A lot of the same players are back, so were going to have our hands full, said Cousins, who needs 122 yards to break his single-season franchise passing record from last year.I remember we had five turnovers and if we turn the ball over again we can expect a similar result. Weve got to protect the ftball and if we do that, weve got a chance, but if we turn it over, well put ourselves in a hole just like we did last year.Without Norman, Carolina starts two rkie cornerbacks in James Bradberry and Daryl Worley. But Charles Johnson, Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short are still there on the Panthers defensive line and can rush Cousins, who has 23 touchdowns to nine interceptions this season.The Redskins offense hasnt been the problem. Ricky Jean Francois said the defense, which has struggled on third down and in the red zone, is aiming to do two things: Win and stop Cam Newton.Last years NFL MVP is banged up and struggling, but Washington doesnt see him as a hobbled star or the Panthers as a hobbled team.I understand what their record is, but thats still a team at any given time that can still come out and become the Carolina they once were last year with the quarterback they have, Jean Francois said.And they got a great head coach so I know hes pushing those guys up front to keep being the team that they are -- not the team they are now but the team he knows theyre capable of being.---Some things to watch when the Panthers visit the Redskins on Monday night:SACK ATTACK: The Panthers dont have anyone in double digits in sacks this season, but still lead the NFL in that category with 39. Eighteen different players have been in on a sack this season for the Panthers, led by situational pass rusher Mario Addison with 7+.Its never one thing, defensive crdinator Sean McDermott said of the teams rise up the leaderboard in sacks. I know sometimes you guys want me to say, `Well, its just this. Here was the magic deal. No, its working hard. Its earning the right to be gd.We got off to maybe a slow start in that (sacks) category. But the guys have worked extremely hard. The coaches have worked extremely hard to get it to where it is right now.NORMAN FIRED UP: Redskins coach Jay Gruden believes Norman gets up for every game, but this one against his former team will have some extra juice.Norman said he almost felt stabbed in the back when the Panthers removed the franchise tag. I think come Monday night, those emotions I think they will probably come out and show themselves, Norman said.BENJAMIN EXPECTS TRASH TALK: Panthers receiver Kelvin Benjamin anticipates he will be matched up against Norman for most of the game and expects to hear plenty of trash talk from his former teammate.Oh yeah, I know he will talk trash, Benjamin said with a wide smile. Im lking forward to it. Norman and Benjamin exchanged trash talk when the two practiced against each other, but said he never let the cornerback get in his head.Not at all, actually, Benjamin said with a smile. I would probably say I used to get in Joshs head more than he got in mine. I just came in with an attitude (my rkie year) to compete.SO MUCH FOR MVP: Newton has struggled with accuracy all season and has completed just 43 percent of his passes over his past four games with no more than 14 completions in any of those matchups. Newton is completing 53.5 percent of his passes for the season, the worst mark among starting quarterbacks in the NFL.Newton said Wednesday that he couldnt care less about his completion percentage and his only concern is wins and losses.SPAIGHTS SPOTLIGHT: With middle linebacker Will Compton injured, Martrell Spaight could make his first pro start for the Redskins. Spaight filled in for Compton in a victory at the Philadelphia Eagles and will be given the headset and the controls to the defense against Carolina.Hes a young ftball player still with limited starting reps, but this is a great opportunity for him, Gruden said. Well see what he can do. We have a gd feeling of what he can do. We know he can play the run, hes very physical.---AP Sports Writer Steve Reed in Charlotte, North Carolina, contributed.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Air Max 270 Sale Belgie . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Goedkpste Nike Air Max 270 . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. http://www.airmax270belgie.be/ . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rkie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Nike Air Max 270 Uitverkp .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. Nike Air Max 270 Online Kopen . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. HAWTHORN v SYDNEY: THE AFLS BEST MODERN RIVALRY?KEY MATCH-UPSLance Franklin v James FrawleyThe ex-Hawk forward could find himself in the goalsquare, the centre square or the wings of the SCG on Thursday night but when hes in a goalkicking range, it will primarily be up to Frawley to stop him.Josh Kennedy v Luke HodgeTwo midfield warriors will go to war in the middle. Kennedys ball-winning ability outstrips that of Hodge, but expect to see plenty of the Hawthorn captain around stoppages in an effort to combat the formidable Swans midfield machine.Tom Mitchell v Sam MitchellIt shapes as a battle of the namesakes for the most touches and one Sam will be keen to win after Tom put the clamps down in round nine. Rumoured interest from the Hawks in luring Tom to Waverley adds spice to this contest.KEY STATSLadder position: Sydney No.2, Hawthorn No.1Contested possessions game differential: Sydney No.2, Hawthorn No.18Effective disposals: Sydney No.18, Hawthorn No.5One percenters: Sydney No.3, Hawthorn No.2Goalkicking accuracy: Sydney No.9, Hawthorn No.1THE MAKINGS OF A GREAT RIVALRY2009: Josh Kennedy, grandson of Hawthorn legend John Kennedy Sr and son of multiple flag-winner John Kennedy Jr, moves to Sydney after the Hawks fail to offer aa long-term deal.ddddddddddddBen McGlynn is packaged in as part of a trade that sees Hawthorn draft future flag-winners Ben Stratton and Matthew Suckling.2010: Hawthorns 2008 premiership hero Stuart Dew joins the Swans as an assistant coach.2011: Hawthorn ends Sydneys season with a 36-point semi-final win.2012: Ryan OKeefe wins the Norm Smith Medal for a 15-tackle game as Sydney defeat Hawthorn, the minor premiers, in an see-sawing grand final epic by 10 points.2013: Hawthorn, again minor premiers, beat the Swans handily in a qualifying final en route to a grand final win over Fremantle. A fortnight later, star forward Lance Franklin departs for Sydney - and not GWS Giants as many suspect - in an unprecedented $10 million move.2014: A ferocious Hawthorn dominate the minor premiers in a 64-point grand final win that has several Swans in tears after the siren.2015: Sydney knock off the Hawks in a four-point round nine epic at the MCG, a match marred by the bing of all-time club great Adam Gdes. Sydneys injury-ravaged season run-in means a finals meeting for the fifth-straight year does not eventuate. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 113 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen