Rangers to solidify its catching corps.Dodger

in Laberecke 23.03.2019 04:27
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

(STATS) -- Its hard to overshadow an Eastern Washington-Montana matchup in the Big Sky Conference, but North Dakota left no doubt Saturday.The No. 17 Fighting Hawks held on to first place by handing Weber State its first conference loss, 27-19 at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks.UND (7-2, 6-0) has been playing the season with a Leave No Doubt mantra after they were one of the last two teams not to get an at-large bid to the FCS playoffs last November. Theyve followed up two close losses to open the season with seven straight wins.John Santiago left no doubt when he opened the game with a 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, but the Fighting Hawks had to come from behind after trailing 13-7 at halftime. Brady Oliveira scored on a 17-yard run and Noah Wanzek threw a 2-yard touchdown to Brad Heidlebaugh in the third quarter before Reid Taubenheim kicked two field goals in the fourth.Im really proud of our team again today. We knew this was going to be a tough game for us, UND coach Bubba Schweigert said. Give a lot of credit to Weber State, they made it very difficult to run the ftball.Weber States Jadrian Clark threw for 274 yards and two touchdowns, but committed four turnovers as the Wildcats (5-3, 4-1) saw their five-game winning streak end. UNDs Cole Reyes had two interceptions.STATS FCS TOP 25 SCHEDULESaturday, Oct. 24All Times ETNo. 1 Sam Houston State 66, Texas Southern 17Sam Houston jumped out to a 28-0 first-quarter lead in improving to 8-0 with the nonconference win. Wide receiver Davion Davis dominated with 184 yards and three touchdowns, while Jeremiah Briscoe passed for 325 yards and five TD.No. 2 Jacksonville State 47, No. 23 Eastern Illinois 14The Gamecocks (7-1, 4-0) earned their 21st straight Ohio Valley Conference win since 2013 as Eli Jenkins passed for two touchdowns and ran for another one.No. 3 Eastern Washington 35, No. 16 Montana 16EWU senior Cper Kupp caught three of Gage Gubruds four touchdown passes, finishing with eight receptions for 140 yards. The two also teamed up for a 54-yard pass by Kupp. The Eagles (7-1, 5-0) are a half-game behind North Dakota in the Big Sky standings. As Montana (5-3, 2-3), dropped its second straight game, Brady Gustafson was 45 of 63 for 398 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions.No. 4 North Dakota State 24, Northern Iowa 20The five-time reigning FCS champion Bison (7-1, 4-1 Missouri Valley) built a 21-6 lead and held on behind a defense that intercepted UNIs Eli Dunne four times (safety Tre Dempsey had two picks). Lance Dunn rushed for 118 yards on 23 carries.No. 5 The Citadel 45, East Tennessee State 10The Citadel (8-0, 6-0 Southern) rushed for 427 yards and five touchdowns, led by Cam Jacksons 124 yards and two scores on seven carries. With a win over Samford next Saturday, the Bulldogs would clinch at least a share of a second straight conference title and an automatic bid to the playoffs.Illinois State 38, No. 7 South Dakota State 17Illinois State ended South Dakota States four-game winning streak by intercepting Taryn Christion three times, including LaDarius Newbolds 92-yard return for a touchdown. Christion finished 33 of 63 for 430 yards and two touchdowns to wide receiver Jake Wieneke, who caught 10 passes for 173 yards. SDSU is 5-3 overall and 4-1 in the Missouri Valley Conference.No. 8 James Madison 84, Rhode Island 7Junior quarterback Bryan Schor was nearly perfect in completing 21 of 22 passes for 309 yards and five touchdowns, and JMU (7-1, 5-0) set the FCS season high for points. Daniel Schiele caught three passes for 30 yards -- each for a touchdown.No. 9 Charleston Southern 49, Bucknell 28The Buccaneers improved to 5-2 as quarterbacks Shane Bucenell and London Johnson accounted for three touchdowns each. Bucenell (238 yards of offense) threw for three scores, while Johnson rushed for two and passed for one.No. 10 Chattanga 38, Western Carolina 25Richardre Bagley rushed for 126 yards and scored three touchdown to help Chattanga (8-1, 6-1 Southern) overcome Detrez Newsomes 277 rushing yards and two touchdowns for WCU. Alejandro Bennifield passed for two touchdowns in the win.No. 12 North Carolina A&T 42, Florida A&M 17With its fifth straight win, A&T (7-1, 5-0) moved atop the MEAC standings with idle North Carolina Central. Tarik Cohen carried the ball 17 times for 145 yards and three touchdowns, including an 83-yarder that was his 11th score over 70 yards in his four-year career.No. 13 Western Illinois 35, South Dakota 34Sean McGuire threw a 2-yard touchdown pass Joey Borsellino with 32 seconds remaining and Nathan Knuffman added the PAT to lift Western Illinois (6-2, 3-2). USD is coached by Bob Nielson, who led the Leathernecks last year and was the Missouri Valley Conference coach of the year. Lance Lenoir became the Valleys all-time leader in receptions while catching six passes for 111 yards and a touchdown.No. 14 Cal Poly 59, Sacramento State 47The Mustangs (6-2, 4-1 Big Sky) had 676 yards of total offense, including 527 on the ground. Joe Protheroe (168 yards, two total touchdowns) and Kori Garcia (146 yards, one touchdown) led the rushing attack.No. 15 Youngstown State 13, Indiana State 10Darien Townsends 79-yard punt return for a touchdown with 9:19 remaining in the fourth quarter provided the winning score for the Penguins (6-2, 4-1 Missouri Valley), who are seeking their first playoff appearance since 2006No. 18 Coastal Carolina 48, Presbyterian 17Jah-Maine Martin and Kenneth Daniels rushed for 120 and 100 yards, respectively, and two touchdowns each to power Coastal (6-2), which will finish its final season on the FCS level with four home games next month.No. 19 Central Arkansas 45, Southeastern Louisiana 10Hayden Hildebrand was 21 of 27 for 207 yards and three touchdowns as UCA (7-1, 6-0) kept pace in the Southland Conference race. In gaining four turnovers, the Bears held the ball for 40 minutes, 6 seconds.Mississippi State 56, No. 20 Samford 41Samford sophomore Devlin Hodges impressed in Starkville, going 42 of 69 for 468 yards and four touchdowns, although he threw three interceptions. Karel Hamilton (14 receptions, 213 yards, two touchdowns) and Kelvin McKnight (13-115-1) were Hodges go-to receivers. The Bulldogs return to the FCS level with a visit to unbeaten The Citadel next Saturday.No. 21 Grambling State 70, Arkansas-Pine Bluff 0Gramblings DeVante Kincade completed 23 of 26 passes for 457 yards and six touchdowns, including three to Chad Williams (eight receptions, 236 yards). The Tigers (6-1, 5-0) are tied with Southern for first place in the SWAC West Division.New Hampshire 43, No. 22 Stony Brk 14UNH (6-3, 5-1) handed Stony Brk (5-3, 4-1) its first loss in CAA Ftball by forcing five turnovers, including Prince Smith Jr.s 43-yard interception return for a touchdown in the second quarter. Wildcats quarterback Trevor Knight threw for three touchdowns and rushed for another. Stony Brk hadnt allowed a touchdown in 10 quarters entering the game.No. 24 Harvard 23, Dartmouth 21Quarterback Joe Viviano had a touchdown run and pass in the first quarter, and Ivy League co-leader Harvard (6-1, 4-0 Ivy) ran out the final 2 1/2 minutes after Dartmouth pulled with 23-21. It was the Crimsons 13th straight win in the series.Murray State 38, No. 25 Tennessee State 31One week after upsetting Eastern Illinois on the road, Murray State (3-5, 3-2 OVC) returned home to top Tennessee State (5-3, 2-2). KD Humphries was 27 of 35 for 398 yards and five touchdowns.No. 14 Cal Poly (5-2, 3-1 Big Sky) at Sacramento State (1-7, 1-4), 9 p.m.IDLENo. 6 Richmond (7-1, 4-1 CAA) and No. 11 Villanova (6-2, 4-1 CAA) Adidas Nmd Uk Online Shop . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Adidas Nmd Outlet Uk . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. http://www.cheapnmduk.com/ . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. Adidas Nmd Shoes Uk . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. Adidas Nmd Clearance Sale . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers couldnt figure out Boston knuckleballer Steven Wright, and Scott Kazmir couldnt stop the Red Sox.Justin Turner doubled in the first inning, and the Dodgers didnt get another hit until the eighth inning in a 9-0 loss to the Red Sox on Friday night.Kazmir (9-5) was roughed up for four runs and five hits by a Boston lineup that was missing slugger David Ortiz.I didnt approach it any different. I feel like I would have been in a gd position if I was able to be effective with my pitches, Kazmir said. I just didnt pitch well. I was erratic. When I tried to throw inside, it was way inside. I was trying to pull it, and I just wasnt effective on the outside of the plate.Kazmir has lost two straight since a 13-start unbeaten streak.I was trying to get some outs with my cutter in and my changeup away, but as far as getting ahead of hitters, just throwing consistently quality pitches, it just wasnt there.The Dodgers have lost three of their last four games but still remain two games behind the Giants in the NL West.,Mkie Betts, Sandy Leon and Travis Shaw homered for the Red Sox. Wright, who was born in Torrance, Calif., pitched a three-hitter, striking out nine in his third complete game of the season.Wright (13-5) was greeted with a big bear hug from Ortiz after he put the finishing touches on his first career shutout.Its definitely nice to do it in a homecoming, said Wright, whose mom, dad, sister, brother and wife were in attendance. Watching Dodgers games is what I did growing up. To have an opportunity to pitch here was fun. To be able to throw my first complete-game shutout was icing on the cake.Newly acquired outfielder Josh Reddick has yet to get a hit as a Dodger. He was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.I think that they all want to make an impression, and it seems like Josh (Reddick), tonight aside, the at-bats have been very gd, Dave Roberts said. Very quality, hitting the ball hard, and still getting on base. I think he wants to get that first hit as a Dodger.It was a rough day for Reddick as he got his first taste of driving in Los Angeles traffic going to the stadium from Glendale, a Los Angeles suburb.For me it tk four entrances and three wrong turns to get here, but I made it, Reddick said. Ill learn eventually.Hell surely get that first hit eventually, tt.ddddddddddddThe Dodgers did well in how they honored Ortiz on his farewell tour in a pregame ceremony. Legendary broadcaster Vin Scully narrated a video tribute while Ortiz std with former teammates Nomar Garciaparra, Adrian Gonzalez and Roberts.I think any time Vin is going to tell a story, its going to be impactful and its going to be meaningful, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. To highlight David the person, not so much the player.The Dodgers presented Ortiz with a $10,000 check to his foundation, The David Ortiz Childrens Fund. Gonzalez and his wife, Betsy, matched the donation.I dont want to say we take it for granted, but Davids impact in the community and the Dominican Republic is so far-reaching, Farrell added. Hes always there to help people and through the foundation hes impacted so many lives.Ortiz is expected back in the lineup Saturday. Hell play first base.Pedroia was hit by Kazmirs pitch in the shin in the third inning and is day-to-day. X-Rays on his shin were negative.TRAINERS RMRed Sox: Ryan Hanigan was forced to leave Thursday nights game against the Mariners after taking a pitch off his left ankle. For Friday night, he was available only in the case of an emergency. Boston claimed Bryan Holaday off waivers from the Texas Rangers to solidify its catching corps.Dodgers: Ace Clayton Kershaw (back) and outfielder Trayce Thompson (lower back) will both be out until at least September. ... Bud Norris (mid-back strain) will be placed on the disabled list to make rm for Ross Stripling, who will start in his place on Saturday.MINOR LEAGUE WATCHDodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has yet to report to Triple-A Oklahoma City. Roberts said he hadnt reported yet because hes still got some lse ends to tie up, but hell be there. When asked what those were, Roberts said: I dont know. Thats his business, right?UP NEXTRed Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (2-4, 5.91 ERA) has a 2.63 ERA in four starts since being recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket on July 16.Dodgers: RHP Ross Stripling (2-3, 4.14 ERA) gets his first start since May 19. He had a 1.54 ERA in four appearances as a reliever since and has also made five starts and one relief appearance in Triple-A. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 46 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen