against the Vikings, who allowed 642 total yards in the 66-35 l

in Bewerbung 15.03.2019 11:29
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

BEREA, Ohio -- RG3 is running out of time and excuses.After a rough and rusty outing last week in his first game since getting hurt in the season opener, quarterback Robert Griffin III is confident hell show more Sunday when the 0-13 Browns visit the Buffalo Bills.I will play better, he said Wednesday. I know I can.The Browns are counting on it.Making just his second start since 2014, Griffin was expectedly unpolished in a 23-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals . He completed only 12 of 28 passes for 104 yards and added 31 yards rushing and one touchdown.Griffin, who broke a bone in his left, non-throwing shoulder on Sept. 11, had some timing issues and there were a few plays where he either made the wrong read or simply missed his target.It was far from perfect, which is just what coach Hue Jackson anticipated.But now that Griffin has played once and is getting another week of practice to prepare, Jackson expects him to be much more refined.There needs to be a jump in performance, said Jackson, who pushed for the Browns to sign Griffin as a free agent in March.I can understand last week. Last week, I tried to temper this whole (media) rm that it may not go well because I know that could happen.Now this week, I cant say that. You have a game under your belt. You have practices under your belt. Now, you need to go play well. I expect that everything will be better from that stand point.In search of their first win in more than a year, the Browns are also continuing their endless quest to find a long-term solution at quarterback and are spending these final few weeks making a detailed lk to see whether Griffin can be that guy.His early season injury may have delayed the process, but Jackson is determined to see the RG3 experiment to its conclusion.I am not giving up on it, he said. I am going to work through it and see where we are. That is the whole part of him playing so we can evaluate where we are and have a gd feel about it when the season is over.Griffins return came on a blustery, snowy day, not exactly optimal conditions for passing the ftball.However, there were other reasons for his low completion percentage, including the Browns falling behind 13-0 in the first quarter and being forced to play catch up.Griffin didnt put the blame on anyone but himself for his pr statistical output.We had a number of throwaways, just broken plays and to just get the ball out and avoid sacks, he said.That accounted for a lot of the incompletions. I probably missed about three check-downs that I would normally hit and just fundamental technique issues that have been fixed and will be on display next Sunday.I think that is really what it came down to. We want to be more efficient throwing the ball, I want to be more efficient throwing the ball, and we will be.If anyone can appreciate Griffins challenge in playing for the first time in 11 weeks, its Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor. Hes played quarterback in the league and understands how hard it can be to step back in after a lengthy break.Pryor expects Griffin to improve as well.I have a lot of belief in Rob, he said. Last week, a lot of stuff was going on, a lot of snow and wind and a lot of different things were going on and it was his first game playing in a while.He hasnt played for two years prior to that besides the Eagles game, so youve got to be light on him and I think hes going to come out and have a lot better game this game.Game notesThe Browns began practice outdrs before Jackson tk a spill on the frozen field. We started outside, and I tk a fall and got up and said, `OK, we are going inside, he said. Browns Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas laughed when he heard that Bills DT Marcell Dareus guaranteed Buffalo would not give Cleveland its first win. I hate that guy, Thomas joked. Im going to kill him. ... The Browns claimed RB Darius Jackson via waivers from Dallas. They waived LB Corey Lemonier.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFLCheap Nike Roshe Online . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. rmmate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Nike Roshe Outlet Online . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.cheapnikeroshe.net/ . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker rm. Nike Roshe Sale Cheap . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. Nike Roshe Discount . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34.Portland State is an FCS schl that just got whacked 66-35 by San Jose State. but Washington coach Chris Petersen knows one way to get his team focused for Saturday nights contest with the Vikings at Husky Stadium: Video.Petersen said he would absolutely show his team the tape of Portland States stunning 24-17 victory over Apple Cup rival Washington State last year in Pullman.I think if we have a mature team -- which I think we do -- you put on the tape ... and you watch a team when they play at their best, no matter who it is, because you always count on somebody bringing their best, and how do you defend that? Petersen said. Certainly when they go and lk at the Washington State game, I mean, Portland State did a great job. They did. They played those guys awesome.The Vikings (1-1) are one of the top teams in FCS, finishing 9-3 overall last season and tied for second in the 13-team Big Sky Conference at 6-2. They own four victories over FBS teams, including last years stunner over Mike Leachs Cougars.Washington is ranked No. 8 with a 2-0 record but those wins have comes against the likes of Rutgers (48-13) and Idaho (59-14). So barring a huge upset by the Vikings, Washington will head to Arizona unbeaten to begin Pac-12 play Sept. 24.Petersen is doing all that he can to make sure his players are focused without getting caught up in the hype after playing suspect opponents. Thats why following Washingtons victory over visiting Idaho, Petersen tried to not overly praise quarterback Jake Browning for his five-touchdown passing game.He was more critical than anything about Brownings attention to detail, including when to scramble and when to stay in the pocket.When you go back (and watch film), what I really want to lk at is, did he need to escape (out of the pocket)? Petersen said. Did he have things (where) he could have got the ball out? I know he had one early on, I think he threw a touchdown. He didnt need to make it so spectacular.On his first touchdown pass to receiver Dante Pettis, Browning said he had another receiver (Chico McClatcher) wide open for a touchdown.dddddddddddd Because of Idahos pass rush and impatience, he could not see him.Said Browning: I scrambled and Dante did a gd job coming back to the ball, and I thought he played really, really well.Browning, a sophomore, has started 14 of his 15 games with Washington. He has eight straight games with 200 or more yards passing. He tied a Washington record with the five touchdown passes against Idaho (23-for-28, 294 yards without an interception). His 82.1 completion percentage was the fifth-best at Washington.Petersen said he will continue to keep a close eye on the details.I think each week were building, Petersen said. Its interesting to see how they show up, their mindset and energy that they play with. Thats the thing I always lk at.One big area of concern for the Huskies is the ground game. Running back Myles Gaskin, who gained 1,302 yards with 14 touchdowns on 227 carries in 2015, has 124 yards on 27 carries this season and Washington ranks ninth in the conference averaging only 108.5 rushing yards per game.However, one would expect Gaskin and the Washington ground game to get well against the Vikings, who allowed 642 total yards in the 66-35 loss at San Jose State, including 409 yards rushing. Portland State also didnt help itself with six turnovers.Senior Alex Kuresa starts at quarterback for Portland State but is completing only 54.2 percent of his throws. He was 10 of 22 for 135 yards and a touchdown against San Jose State and was intercepted three times.Defensively, the Vikings are led by junior defensive end Davond Dade, who had 7.5 sacks last season, and junior cornerback Xavier Coleman, who has led the Big Sky in pass breakups and passes defensed each of the last two years. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 79 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen