e he was taken to the locker room.Two plays la

in Bewerbung 11.03.2019 12:56
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Five games. Eight runs. Two shutout losses.A power-laden Toronto Blue Jays lineup fizzled against Cleveland, finishing off a five-game AL Championship Series wipeout with a 3-0 loss Wednesday.Bidding to return to the World Series for the first time since 1993, the Blue Jays lost in the ALCS for the second straight year, following last years six-game defeat against eventual champion Kansas City. Toronto was held to six hits by rkie Ryan Merritt and three relievers in the Indians second shutout of the ALCS.We never really had a big inning, never were able to really string some hits together and get a rally going, Blue Jays catcher Russell Martin said. You can point the finger at us and say we didnt do a gd job, or you can point the finger at those guys. To get us out, you have to pitch well. You have to, and they did.No Cleveland pitcher was tougher than ALCS MVP Andrew Miller, who struck out 13 in 7 2/3 scoreless innings.Its not easy to go through lineups like this, Miller said. Still, the lefty sure made it lk simple against the Blue Jays, who struck out 50 times over the five games.An offense led by Jose Bautista, Josh Donaldson, Edwin Encarnacion and Troy Tulowitzki produced seven extra-base hits in the series -- three doubles, two triples and two solo home runs. The Blue Jays hit just .201; Cleveland was even worse at .168.Im sure there will be some disappointments and grumbling and complaining about how you fell short again, but thats not coming from me, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. I know what these guys did, and I think its a pretty gd accomplishment. The key is we want to take that next step one of these days. Hopefully its next year.Bautista , who turned 36 Wednesday, and the 33-year-old Encarnacion may have been playing for the Blue Jays for the final time. Both are eligible for free agency, a subject neither wanted to address in a somber clubhouse.I dont think its the right time to be taking about that, Bautista said. We just battled through a tough series. I dont want to make this about myself, and I dont really feel like Im in the proper state of mind to be taking about that. I know its a possibility but well see what happens.Gibbons said his two sluggers helped put this team back on the map after Toronto went 22 years between postseason appearances.We were staring at a playoff drought for a lot of years around here, Gibbons said. And they came through for the team last year, the organization, and then repeated it this year. And they really -- both of them -- made their name here in Toronto.Toronto slugged past Baltimore in the wild card game, winning on Encarnacions 11th-inning home run. The Blue Jays swept Texas in the Division Series, outhomering the Rangers 8-2 and outscoring them 22-10.Bautistas two hits in the finale left him 3 for 18 (.167) with no RBI in the series, while Encarnacion was 4 for 19 (.211) and drove in two runs. Tulowitzki was 2 for 18 (.111) with no RBI and Donaldson 6 for 18 (.333) with two RBI.I know that Im capable of doing a lot more, Bautista said. They pitched great. It was tough. They seemed to make the right pitches at the right time and got us out.Martin, who chased Merritt with a one-out blp single in the fifth and advanced on pinch-hitter Michael Saunderss hit, was Torontos only runner to reach scoring position. Reliever Bryan Shaw fanned Ezequiel Carrera and Kevin Pillar.Torontos offensive funk was remarkable given the shaky state of Clevelands starting pitching. Carlos Carrasco (broken hand) and Danny Salazar (forearm) have missed the entire postseason, and right-hander Trevor Bauer left Game 3 after four batters when bld began dripping from his right pinkie, sliced open last week while he repaired a drone.The Blue Jays hit .120 (3 for 25) with runners in scoring position.They never let us string base hits together, Bautista said, and when we had men in scoring position they seemed to turn it up a notch and go to another level of execution.Mike Bossy Jersey .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Johnny Boychuk Jersey . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-fted shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. http://www.cheapislandersjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-casey-cizikas-jersey .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Nick Leddy Jersey .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Cheap Islanders Jerseys . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times.SAN DIEGO -- The?Tampa Bay Buccaneers?fear wide receiver Cecil Shorts III?might have suffered a significant right knee injury during the first half of Sundays 28-21 win over the San Diego Chargers, a source told ESPNs Adam Kaplan.Head coach Dirk Koetter did not have specifics on the injury, but he called it an unfortunate one.The gd news is when I went out there, even though he knew it was a serious injury, he was not in excruciating pain at that point, said Koetter. You hate to see it.You can tell by the way our players reacted the respect they have for Cecil.On the Bucs first possession, Shorts caught a short pass from Jameis Winston on third-and-9, but he then tk a vicious hit across the middle of thhe field from Chargers safety?Jahleel Addae.dddddddddddd It sent Shorts airborne, and he landed on his shoulder and neck. He lay on the field for several seconds as a cart was brought out and he was placed in an air cast.Players from both teams huddled around Shorts, who was sitting up, before he was taken to the locker rm.Two plays later, Winston was intercepted by Casey Hayward.The Bucs are already without wide receiver Vincent Jackson, who was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury.Tight end Luke Stocker also left Sundays game, with an ankle injury on the first play. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 690 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen