e Football Playoff, ACC and many more.John has

in Bewerbung 11.03.2019 12:56
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Trevor Knight and the Texas A&M offense tk some time to get started Saturday, but when the Aggies got going, they were tough to slow down.Knight threw for 344 yards and three touchdowns and ran for another score in a 67-0 rout of Prairie View A&M.Knight finished 21 of 37 and threw touchdowns of 8 yards to Speedy Noil and 34 and 64 yards to Christian Kirk in the second quarter as the 20th-ranked Aggies (2-0) built a 38-0 halftime lead. Knight also ran for a 78 yards on seven carries in just over one half of play.We didnt start as quickly as I hoped we would, Knight said. Theres not a lot of explanation for that besides execution. We have to execute better out of the gates. We settled in obviously and got some big plays going, especially in that second quarter and to start the third quarter.Noil made his debut after missing last weeks game serving the second game of a two-game suspension he received before A&Ms bowl game last season.The Aggies extended their home non-conference win streak to 23 games and are 2-0 for the fourth straight season.As a coach, when you set out and have a plan -- not necessarily Xs and Os plan but what you ask guys to do -- and that happens, you feel gd about it, Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said. The key to any successful team is to be able to duplicate that week in and week out.Texas A&M outgained the Panthers 672-205 in earning its largest shutout since defeating Missouri 73-0 on Sept. 18, 1993.Shutouts are hard to come by, Texas A&M cornerback Nick Harvey, who also had a 73-yard punt return for a touchdown, said. Getting a shutout doesnt happen every day. We feel great right now, but we made some mistakes.Texas A&M managed a 22-yard field goal in the first 10 minutes before busting the game open over the final 18 minutes of the half.Keith Ford, who had two touchdowns, had an 11-yard scoring run with three minutes left in the opening quarter before Knight tight-roped the sideline for the final 5 yards of a 32-yard TD scamper to end the first.With us, its getting up to our tempo, Kirk said. All we need is one explosive play to get us going. Once we get that first explosive play, we take advantage of the tempo and get right back on to the ball and start running our plays.Prairie View (1-1), which plays in the FCS Southwestern Athletic Conference, had a 38-yard field goal blocked and missed a 42-yard field goal in the first half.We knew going into it that we were going to have to play above ourselves to have a chance against a top 20 SEC program, Prairie View coach Willie Simmons said. I thought they competed for 60 minutes. They didnt quit. We have them our best punch, and thats all you can ask for.Trey Green threw for 160 yards on 13 of 39 passing, but the Aggies defense had pressure on Green throughout the game.TAKEAWAYTEXAS A&M: The Aggies played well in every facet of the game ahead of their SEC opener. The first-team offense was balanced, while the defense kept pressure on Prairie View throughout. The one miscue was a Knight interception in the end zone to end a drive in the second quarter.BY THE NUMBERSPRAIRIE VIEW A&M: Demarquo LaStrappe caught six passes for 88 yards. The Panthers totaled 32 rushing yards led by Dawonya Tuckers 28 yards.TEXAS A&M: Kirk had 106 yards receiving on five catches to go with his two touchdowns. The Aggies had 30 first downs. The defense finished with two sacks, including a safety.THEY SAID ITWe put 67 points on the board and pitched a shutout on the defensive side, Knight said. Thats about us. Do I think we can still improve in so many different areas? Yes. We didnt play our best game of ftball today.POLL IMPLICATIONSAfter entering the top 25 last week, the Aggies should maintain their spot in the poll after their resounding win over this FCS opponent.UP NEXTPRAIRIE VIEW A&M: The Panthers will travel to Alabama A&M Sept. 17.TEXAS A&M: The Aggies start SEC play with the first of three away from Kyle Field when they go to Auburn Sept. 17.---AP college ftball website: collegeftball.ap.orgLeon Draisaitl Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Grant Fuhr Jersey . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rkie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. http://www.cheapedmontonoilersjerseys.com/ . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Gdell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Jujhar Khaira Jersey .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Paul Coffey Jersey . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpl, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off.Syracuse has hired ESPN executive John Wildhack as athletic director, the schl announced Wednesday.Wildhack, a 1980 Syracuse graduate, spent 36 years with ESPN -- including the last two as ESPN executive vice president for programming and production. During his career, he produced ESPNs first live regular-season college ftball game (BYU at Pittsburgh, 1984) and first NFL game (Chicago at Miami, 1987).He replaces Mark Coyle, who spent less than a year with the Orange before leaving for Minnesota.John is an entrepreneurial, outside-the-box leader who brings an unparalleled set of skills and experiences to the director of athletics position, Syracuse Chancellor Kent Syverud said in a statement. As a leader at ESPN, he has demonstrated a keen ability to identify and implement strategies aimed at elevating the entire organization. That record of success, combined with his extensive history of building and inspiring teams, will allow him to immediately and positively impact the lives of our student-athletes. This is a new day in the life of the Department of Athletics. I lk forward to watching John, in collaboration with our talented coaches and staff, bring his bold vision for the department to life.Wildhack called the appointment a dream job. His last day at ESPN is July 28, and he begins at Syracuse in mid-August.Syracuse University played a profound role in my lifes trajectory and Im confident I wouldnt be where I am without the education and opportunities this institution afforded me. To help my alma mater, in particulaar Syracuse student-athletes, continue to excel and grow, especially in light of the enormous investments being made, and that have been made in its facilities, is a tremendous responsibility and one I dont take lightly.dddddddddddd I am honored to have been selected and I lk forward to collaborating with the amazing coaches and staff as we work to develop the whole student-athlete -- inside and outside the classrm.Most recently at ESPN, Wildhack oversaw all production efforts at the network, in addition to programming acquisitions and scheduling. He managed all league and conference relationships and negotiated all live television rights, including the NBA, SEC, College Ftball Playoff, ACC and many more.John has had a stellar 36-year career at ESPN and his contributions are profound and wide-ranging, ESPN president John Skipper said in a statement. His impact on our production, our unparalleled suite of rights agreements and our overall values and culture is immeasurable. He has served as a key advisor and business partner to me. I have relied often on his thoughtful and selfless judgment.He will be sorely missed by me and so many others, but the opportunity to go home to Syracuse, a place he has always loved, is a splendid next chapter in a distinguished career in sports media. Our loss is Syracuses gain, but the gd news is that John will remain a member of our extended business circle. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 16 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen