really been grinding and playing a lot lately, gettin

in Spam Area!!! 11.03.2019 06:13
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- U.S. wrestler Jordan Burroughs came to the Rio Olympics expecting to build a legacy so great he could transcend his sport.Instead, the defending Olympic and world champion was left to try to explain the unexplainable.Burroughs, considered by many the best wrestler in the world, was stunned by Russias Aniuar Geduev on Friday in the quarterfinals of mens freestyle wrestling.Geduev, a three-time European champion ranked second in the world, upended Burroughs 3-2 in the 74-kilogram division to hand the American just his third international loss and knock him out of gold-medal contention.A devastated Burroughs was later routed 11-1 by Uzbekistans Bekzod Abdurakhmonov in the losers bracket with a potential bronze still on the line.Geduev wound up with a silver medal, dropping the gold-medal match to Irans Hassan Yazdani after being taken down with under 10 seconds left.This was supposed to be my year. This was supposed to be my breakthrough performance, Burroughs said as he wiped away tears that had mixed with bld from a head cut. Ive done everything right. Ive sacrificed so much to get here. ... I wanted to be among the greats. I wanted to be a Simone Biles, a Michael Phelps, nationally. I wanted to be those guys, and its unfortunate.Geduev jumped to a 3-0 lead in a match stopped several times so officials could clean the cut on Burroughs head.Burroughs scored a late takedown, but it wasnt enough to overcome the deficit.Its a tough day. I had a lot of expectations coming here. I wanted to win. I knew I was capable of winning. Sometimes things dont go according to plan, Burroughs said. I lost a lot of things today. But my integrity and my character remain.Burroughs emerged as wrestlings biggest star at the 2012 Games. It was that victory in London -- combined with his charismatic, social media-friendly persona -- that helped make Burroughs the face of wrestling as the sport fought in 2013 to return to the Olympic program months after the IOC had dropped it.Burroughs, a New Jersey native who starred for the University of Nebraska, won the world title again in 2013. He was forced to settle for bronze in 2014 after hurting his knee in the opening match.Burroughs returned to handily win the world championships in Las Vegas in 2015, and his dominant performance at the Olympic trials in April made it seem as though no one could touch him in Rio.Burroughs was so confident that he told The Associated Press in July that he planned to bring his gold medal from London to Rio so he could wear two of them to his post-Rio news conference.But from the moment Burroughs hit the mat Friday, it just didnt seem like his day.Burroughs came out attacking in his first match, scoring on an early takedown to seize control of his opening match against Guinea Bissaus Augusto Midana. Though he won 8-3, it was unusual to see Burroughs give up multiple scores to such an unaccomplished opponent.Geduev and Burroughs nearly came to blows just seconds into their match, as Geduev shoved Burroughs hard in the shoulders after Burroughs objected to a head slap by nearly slapping the Russian.Geduev scored first and made point-scoring moves difficult for Burroughs. Geduev had a pair of second-period push-outs, and Burroughs found himself on the mat trying to come to grips with a loss that dropped his international record to 130-3.I felt ready, Burroughs said, sounding perplexed about how it all went so wrong. Thats the hardest part of all of this. I live my lifestyle the right way. I dont smoke. I dont drink. I dont go out and party. Im a family man. I take care of business. I train hard. Im an ambassador for the sport of wrestling. A lot of people were counting on me today. Adidas Stan Smith Clearance . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Adidas Stan Smith Discount . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. http://www.cheapstansmithaustralia.com/ . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing rm for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Adidas Stan Smith Australia Sale . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Cheap Stan Smith Australia . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpl and Chelsea. ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny didnt sugarcoat his teams effort Monday night.You never want to be embarrassed and thats an embarrassing loss, Matheny said after the Cardinals 15-2 loss to the Cincinnati Reds. The preparation was right, guys were going about it the right way and youre going to have those from time to time. The key is to let it go and get back in there and show a different product tomorrow.The problem for the Cardinals is they are running out of time as St. Louis fell one game behind the idle San Francisco Giants for the second wild card spot with six games to go.Jaime Garcia (10-13) lasted just one inning in his shortest outing of his career and possibly last as a Cardinal.Aside from giving up back-to-back solo homers to Joey Votto and Adam Duvall, the lefty gave up singles to Jose Peraza and Brandon Phillips, who combined to steal three bases and almost a fourth, but Peraza was thrown out at third.Garcia drew bs from the 34,942 fans after Phillips easily swiped third base after it appeared Garcia didnt bother to lk him back. It was the first time in 240 regular season games that the Cardinals failed to drew at least 40,000, dating back to Sept. 24, 2013.Theres just something mechanically off right now, Garcia said. Im a little t slow to the plate and Im trying to be quicker and Im not really being quicker, Im just getting away from where I need to be.The Cardinals only offense came on a Yadier Molina sacrifice fly and a Jedd Gyorko RBI single.Michael Wacha gave up seven runs and Luke Weaver gave up five runs in 3 1/3 innings of combined relief.The 13-run loss was the worse of the season for the Cardinals, who will have a losing home record for the first time since 1999. Bs from an otherwise positive fan base were audible as the deficit mounted.None of us want to be bed, Matheny said. But people put their hard earned money into showing up here. Thats a freedom they have. We take it very seriously what kind of product we put out there and if it isnt up to their standards, then it isnt..dddddddddddd Then we go about our business to fix it.Reds starter Tim Adleman (3-4) retired the first 10 Cardinals he faced and went a career-long seven innings. It was his first win since Aug. 19.Duvalls three-run homer in the fifth gave him a career-high five RBI and it gave him 100 RBI for the season. It was the third multi-homer game and his first four-hit game of his career.Steve Selsky went 5-for-5 including a homer, four RBI and scored three runs. Hes the first Reds rkie to have five hits in a game since Wade Rowdon against the Mets on July 9, 1986.Votto and Duvall combined for seven hits, six runs, three homers and six RBI.The Reds sent 12 men to the plate in a seven-run fourth and 11 more in a four-run fifth.Brandon Phillips had his 14th career four-hit game.This doesnt happen often for anybody, Reds manager Bryan Price said. You dont get 22 hits and 15 runs t often, so you relish them when they come.Matheny said there are some positives.You get (Molina) out as sn as you can and even the young guys like (Randal) Grichuk and (Stephen) Piscotty who have really been grinding and playing a lot lately, getting them off the field early and let some of the other guys play, Matheny said.TRAINERS RMCardinals: IF Matt Carpenter (right ring finger) was out of the lineup and it is uncertain if he will play tomorrow. ... SS Aledmys Diaz left the club to join Jose Fernandez family in a private ceremony. Diaz and Fernandez, the Miami Marlins pitcher who died in a boating accident early Sunday morning, were boyhd friends.UP NEXTReds: RHP Robert Stephenson (2-2, 5.59 ERA) gave up four runs in 3 2/3 innings to the Cubs last Wednesday. It is his first career appearance against St. Louis.Cardinals: RHP Adam Wainwright (12-9, 4.57 ERA) has given up four runs while failing to get out of the fifth inning in each of his last two starts. He is 0-1 with a 6.06 ERA in three starts this season against Cincinnati. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 8 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen