and the Mavericks missed their

in Spam Area!!! 11.03.2019 06:13
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

This story appears in ESPN The Magazines November 28 Tall Ball Issue. Subscribe today!PLANES, TRAINS, AUTOMOBILES?and ... roller coasters? The world is just not built for the extremely tall, lament those longest of limb. I couldnt get on the Batman ride at Six Flags! one 6-ft-9 baller says. So to walk a mile in their ridiculously big shoes, we offered confidentiality to 66 NBA players who measure 6-8 and up in exchange for their honest takes on what it means to be the tallest guy in the rm.* Heres the weather report from way up there.What is the best thing about being tall?Playing basketball 25 percent (most popular answer) Standing out/getting attention?19 percent Seeing over people 19 percentI cant imagine being below everyone and not seeing whats going on. Thatd be scary. --?Eastern Conference playerWhat is the worst thing about being tall?Hitting my head on drways?26 percent (most popular answer) Traveling in cars and airplanes?24 percent Finding clothes that fit?17 percentYou hit the drway when youre tall. You get used to it ... but it hurts a lot.? -- 7-1 NBA playerWhen you chose basketball as a career, what percent was due to your enjoyment of the game, versus your size?For love of the game?86 percent (average answer)Do you think you get fewer calls from referees because of your size?Yes 56 percent No?44 percentRefs love the smaller guys. Its a real thing.?-- Eastern Conference forwardWould you change your position if your height were different?Yes 61 percent No?39 percentIf so, what would it be?Point guard?61 percent (most popular answer)Would you change sports if your height were different?Yes 42 percent No 58 percentIf so, what would it be?Soccer?30 percent (most popular answer)Outside of the basketball arena, do you sense that people feel threatened by you because of your size?Yes?52 percent No 48 percentIf Im standing behind someone in Chipotle, they kind of take a glance at me and theyre like, oh gosh. They sct forward. That lets you know.? -- Nine-year NBA veteranDo you fear long-term health issues due to your size?Yes 19 percent No 81 percentDo you feel more prone to injury due to your size?Yes 33 percent No 67 percentDoes your height affect your self-confidence positively, negatively or not at all?Positively 63 percent Negatively 0 percent Not at all?37 percentIt was awful growing up ... but as you get into real life, the taller you are, the more you get praise.? -- Eastern Conference playerDo you think you are subject to more emotional and/or verbal mistreatment because of your size?Yes 27 percent No 73 percentHow often do people ask you how tall you are?Every day 80 percent (most popular answer)Does the question annoy you?Yes 46 percent No 54 percentI got a shirt that said, I am 7-1. Yes, I play basketball. On the back, it said, Leave me alone. -- Former first-round draft pick*Not all players answered every question. Percentages are rounded. Best Nike React Shoes . PETERSBURG, Fla. Nike React Sale Australia . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. http://www.cheapnikereactaustralia.com/ . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Nike React Cheap . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the dr after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Nike React Discount .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. The old saying goes, When you score a touchdown, act like youve been there before.A few college ftball players tk the nonchalant approach t far when entering the end zone the last couple weekends, casually dropping the ball right before crossing the goal line. It cost Clemson and California touchdowns and should have taken six off the board for Oklahoma, t. With goal-line brain freezes seemingly spreading, some coaches are taking action to keep such case of the dropsies from becoming an outbreak.Its something that doesnt need to happen, I can tell you that, South Carolina coach Will Muschamp said. Weve had a hard time getting (to the end zone). We dang sure dont want to drop it before.The madness started this season with the Gamecocks in-state rivals. Clemsons Ray-Ray McCloud cost himself a punt return TD two weeks ago against Troy when he dropped the ball a stride short of pay dirt . McCloud got chewed out by coach Dabo Swinney but was allowed to keep playing and has been a productive player since.After the play, I just told him, first of all, what a great play. What an awesome run. Tremendous, Swinney said. Now, secondly, you are going to be on SportsCenter for the rest of your life because you didnt hand the ball to the ref. How many times do I have to tell you to hand the ball to the ref?Not everybody has learned from McClouds mistake.Oklahomas Joe Mixon and Californias Vic Enwere made similar moves last Saturday. Officials did not catch Mixons and the long TD std. Enwere lucked out in that officials ruled that no effort was made by Texas to recover his fumble. The whistle was blown and the Bears retained the ball at the 1 and ran out the clock on a victory.Enweres gaffe prompted Cal coach Sonny Dykes to implement a new rule when the team met Sunday. Cal players must hand the ball to an official after scoring.Its really a strange phenomenon, Dykes told USA Today Sports . I dont understand it. But I can assure you it wont ever happen to us again. Well get it fixed.Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said its not just near the goal line that he see players being t quick to discard the ftball. He still uses a message to players that he tk from his former running backs coach, Jemal Singleton.He said any time a ball carrier has the ball in his hands, its a fumble unless its handed to the official, Bielema said. We had a flare-up in our first gamee where some guys were dropping the ball on the ground, or they were flipping the ball out.dddddddddddd For the most part, youll see our offensive players, if theres a referee or anybody in sight, hand the ball to the official -- especially on scoring plays. Its the easiest way to take away from any type of celebration, anything along that lines.Bielema said a clip of Enweres drop will likely make its way into Arkansas film study this week to reinforce the point.Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez already has a rule in place about handing the ball back to officials on every play, mostly so the offense can move at a quick pace.We call it the Kansas City rule, Rodriguez said. I think 15 years ago, (offensive crdinator Calvin Magee) and I heard about the Chiefs doing it, making it mandatory for all their ball carriers.And what would the punishment be for breaking the Kansas City rule while cruising into the end zone?Well, the things I would like to do I cant say, Rodriguez said.These gfy goal-line giveaways are not a new phenomenon.Former Cal receiver DeSean Jackson might be patient zero when it comes to toss-back-a-touchdown disease. Hes done it twice in the NFL with two teams and also did it in a high schl all-star game while front flipping into the end zone.Nobodys flub was more costly than Kaelin Clays in 2014. Instead of scoring a long touchdown for Utah, an Oregon defensive player alertly picked up the ball before it was ruled dead and returned it 99 yards for a flip-six.A word of caution before branding this apathetic approach to reaching the end zone another example of widespread millennial entitlement: Plenty of college ftball players are taking a traditional approach when scoring that would make low-key Hall of Famer Barry Sanders proud.I either run all the way to the end of the end zone and then celebrate, or I just dont do anything at all, Iowa State running back Mike Warren said. Thats just how I am.---AP Sports Writers Pete Iacobelli in Columbia, South Carolina; John Marshall in Tucson, Arizona; Kurt Voigt in Fayeteville, Arkansas; and Luke Meredith in Ames, Iowa, contributed to this report.---Follow Ralph D. Russo at www.Twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP and the APs college ftball site at tball.ap.org" target="_blank">http://collegeftball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 41 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen