want to finish with a bogey so its nice to have dinner on a high r

in Bewerbung 05.03.2019 08:34
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Olympic medal winners will sn get a tax break, but not everyone thinks getting rid of the so-called victory tax is a gd idea.I promise you, this is bad policy, said Rep. Jim Himes, D-Conn., who cast the lone vote against a bill that would block the IRS from taxing most Olympic winnings.President Barack Obama is expected to sign the measure, which repeals a tax on cash prizes awarded to U.S. medal winners: $25,000 for gold, $15,000 for silver and $10,000 for bronze.The measure sailed through the House and Senate, winning final approval Thursday just as Obama welcomed several hundred members of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams to the White House. The U.S. won 121 medals at the Rio Olympics, including 46 gold medals.A former college rower who once tried out for the U.S. national team, Himes said he has nothing against the Olympics or Olympic athletes. But he called the tax measure a feel-gd bill that unnecessarily complicates an already complex tax code.Whats next? he asked. Tax exemptions for Nobel Prize winners? Astronauts? Inner-city teachers? This is no way to make tax policy: I feel gd so Ill give you a tax break.Supporters call the bill a matter of fairness.Under current law, athletes who return home with a medal for Team USA must pay a penalty for their success, said Rep. Robert Dold, R-Ill., the bills chief House sponsor. The bipartisan bill ensures that these athletes can remain focused on fulfilling their Olympic and Paralympic dreams without the fear of getting a huge tax bill in the mail, Dold said.Many countries subsidize their Olympic athletes, added Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. The least we can do is make sure our athletes dont get hit with a tax bill for winning a medal, he said.The bill was amended in the House to allow taxes on high-profile athletes such as swimmer Michael Phelps who earn more than $1 million a year.Himes applauded the change, but said the bill remains an election-year stunt.Its an unpopular Congress trying to bask in the reflected glory of Olympic heroes. But its still bad policy, he said.While no other lawmaker voted against the bill, several have told him privately I wish Id been with you, Himes said.John Shaban, a Republican who is running against Himes, said the Democrats vote showed he was disconnected from the sentiment of the country and the rest of the Congress.Really is that how bad things are? That we have to tax the Olympic athletes on their medals, Shaban told the Hartford Courant.Himes and other Democrats spend all their time beating up on the one presidential candidate who says how we never win anymore. And if we do win theyre going to tax you, Shaban said.---Follow Matthew Daly: https://twitter.com/MatthewDalyWDC moutlet.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm Clearance . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. moutlet.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm Online Shop . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. moutlet.com/" target="_blank">http://www.nikezmoutlet.com/ . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for gd. moutlet.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm Outlet . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. moutlet.com/" target="_blank">Nike Zm Cheap China . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. CARNOUSTIE, Scotland -- Miguel Angel Jimenez opened a four-stroke lead in the Senior British Open, shting a 7-under 65 on Saturday in mild conditions to fall one short of matching the Carnoustie Golf Links record.The 52-year-old Spaniard had a bogey-free round in wind at 6-12 mph on the mostly cloudy afternn. He had an 11-under 205 total after opening 70-70, putting him in position for his first major title.Tonight, Im going to do exactly the same thing I did the previous night, Jimenez said. I go with my friends, we go to a nice diner with a nice bottle of Rioja and after that Im going to have a bit, fat cigar with a nice malt whisky.Jimenez won in Mississippi in March for his third career PGA Tour Champions victory. He has 15 regular European Tour victories, the last in the 2014 Spanish Open at a tour-record 50 years, 133 days.Of course, I care, Jimenez said. I love what I do, and what Ive done for the past 28 years. I want to do well, to be as relaxed as possible and do my best.He hit a 4-iron into 17 to set up a birdie, but missed a 6-fter on 18 after a 5-iron approach.It was a very nice day on the golf course, Jimenez. I played very solid from tee to green. Everything was working perfectly today. I played the last two holes beautifully so I am happy with my day and tthe score, despite not making the last putt for a 64.ddddddddddddPaul Broadhurst (6, Wes Short Jr. (69), Tom Byrum (71) and Joe Durant (72) were tied for second.Broadhurst opened with a 75 and had a 66 on Friday. He saved par on 18 with an 8-fter.You dont want to finish with a bogey so its nice to have dinner on a high rather than a low, the Englishman said. Miguels going to be the man to beat, without a doubt. I was hitting some gd shots in the group ahead of him, and every time I turned around he had just hit it inside me.Durant slipped back after sharing the second-round lead with Kohki Idoki.I played horrible today, I really did, Durant said. My iron game was terrible. I just couldnt figure it out. I tried about 20 different swing thoughts and just couldnt zero it in for some reason. I just kept flaring everything out to the right. My sequencing was bad.Scott McCarron (71) was 6 under.Bernhard Langer was tied for 12th at 3 under after his third 71. He won the 2010 event at Carnoustie.Idoki had a 77 to drop into a tie for 18th at 2 under. Defending champion Marco Dawson was tied for 68th at 9 over after a 78. He won last year at Sunningdale. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 134 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen