then we can start looking forward to a really big one.Sa

in Bewerbung 05.03.2019 08:33
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Englands Tony Bellew has certainly had his disappointments inside the boxing ring.There was his majority-decision loss to Nathan Cleverly in a challenge for a light heavyweight world title in 2011.Bellews second shot at a world title went even worse. He traveled to Quebec City in 2013 and was dominated in a sixth-round knockout loss to world champion Adonis Stevenson.But then Bellew moved up to the cruiserweight division, where he has thrived. He has won seven fights in a row since the weight-class change, including an impressive and explosive third-round knockout of dangerous puncher Ilunga Junior Makabu on May 29 to win a vacant cruiserweight world title.Filled with confidence and in a grve over the past two years, Bellew, who survived a first-round knockdown by Makabu, is excited for his first title defense, which will come against BJ Flores on Saturday at Echo Arena in Liverpl, England, Bellews hometown.One of the reasons for the excitement is because the 33-year-old Bellew (27-2-1, 17 KOs) doesnt particularly care for Flores, best known these days to American fight fans as an analyst on NBCs Premier Boxing Champions cards.The fight was made because of his mouth, Bellew said. Hes been following me around for two years, saying Im not a cruiserweight, Im a light heavyweight, saying I couldnt live with him. On Saturday night I am going to show him what I can do.When I say something, I mean it. Everything hes said hes meant it and hes going to pay for it on Saturday night. Hes had [an interim] world title [fight], whereas Ive done it the hard way. Ive earned every single thing that Ive got. Ive boxed in final eliminators against top fighters, and its going to show on Saturday night.Flores, 37, of Chandler, Arizona, has been somewhat inactive. He boxed only once in 2015, losing a debatable unanimous decision to Beibut Shumenov for an interim title in July. A 10-month layoff followed before Flores (32-2-1, 20 KOs) shk off the rust with a six-round decision win against journeyman Roberto Santos in May.The so-called loss to Shumenov still burns, Flores said. I know guys cry about being robbed all the time, but in that fight, I really was robbed. I outlanded the guy by such a clear margin. If I had won that fight, or if I had been given the decision I clearly deserved, it would be a big unification fight [with Bellew].I love this fight as it is a second opportunity for me, and to beat Bellew in front of his hometown fans, it would be the ultimate example of how perseverance can pay off.After Bellew won the 200-pound world title belt, he and Flores began a heated exchange on social media. That interaction was partly responsible for Flores landing the opportunity, and when the fight was first announced Bellew said he would smash BJ Flores to bits and be the first man to stop him. Hes been mouthing off and following me around for a couple of years and Im just a little bit fed up with him now.But Flores said he is unmoved by Bellews talk of a brutal knockout prediction. He even gave him props for it.Ive never been KOd. Its been a very long while since Ive been knocked down, and Tony will come forward, Flores said. Ive rarely been hurt in my career, ever, not since my younger days. As I say, this fight has all the ingredients. I like the way he speaks his mind and how he believes in himself.He cant talk the way he has been doing and then run in the fight the way Shumenov did. Whatever gets him motivated for the fight, then thats what hes going to do. Hell see what Ive got to say in the first round. He says hes going to do this or that. He can say whatever he wants. Ill do my talking from Round 1. I am going for the KO. I dont see the need to go the distance and I dont want it to. Im going to set a fast pace from the start and Ive put the work in to make sure I can maintain that pace for as long as I need to.Bellew said he doesnt believe Flores respects him, despite his words.He says he respects me, but I know he doesnt, Bellew said. His playboy mates think I am an easy touch, but when he gets in the ring and I hit him with 10-ounce gloves on, hes going to feel it. Hes going to lk across the ring at me and think, He lks a bit chunky, a bit flabby, but trust me, when I hit him for the first time hell think, What was that? The same thing Makabu thought.Flores must have some respect for Bellew, however. He traveled to England weeks ago rather than wait until the week before the fight so he could get used to the time change and to make sure he is fully adjusted. That appears to indicate that he is taking Bellew seriously.If he gets by me, then congratulations to him because this is the best version of BJ Flores thats ever been, so if he beats me then hes a real guy, Flores said. But I really feel that [Saturday] is my night. Im not worried about his predictions or his attempts to rile me. Its not going to work.Bellew, however, believes differently.Its not trash talk. Its brutal truth, he said. On Saturday night Im going to put it to bed. Cheap Shoes Free Shipping . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. Wholesale Shoes China . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. http://www.cheapshoesfromchina.us/ . The nimble-fted quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record bk. Authentic Shoes Cheap . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. Cheap Nike Shoes Online . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shtout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Billy Joe Saunders has been given a huge incentive to lk gd against Artur Akavov with his promoter Frank Warren planning a big fight against Gennady Golovkin in 2017.Saunders will have to wait a week to defend his WBO world title for the first time after his bout with Russian Akarov was postponed until Dec. 3.But Warren has already had talks with representatives of Golovkin, who is regarded as the worlds No. 1 middleweight after stopping 33 of his 36 victims.Saunders must come through against Akavov at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff after nearly a year out before Warren can make a deal with Golovkin, whose goal is to hold all four world title belts.Were talking to Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez and we would do our best to get them here, but that will be tough, Warren told ESPN.Bill wants the toughest fight. Hes lking for a big fight in the first quarter of next year and we have got more chance of getting Golovkin over here. It would be a huge fight, the biggest of the yeaar over here.dddddddddddd.Bills had injuries and pull-outs over the last year. Chris Eubank Jr. mucked us about and never signed a deal for a rematch, but hopefully Bill will get the ring rust off in this next one and then we can start lking forward to a really big one.Saunders, who won the WBO belt from Irelands Andy Lee via a majority points decision in December, will have to wait for Golovkin to defend his three world middleweight titles against Danny Jacobs ?at Madison Square Garden in New York on March 18.WBC-WBA-IBF champion Golovkin -- No. 2 in ESPNs pound-for-pound rankings -- stopped Saunders fellow Briton Kell Brk in five rounds in September.Speculation last week that former world super-middleweight champion Carl Froch was coming out of retirement to face Golovkin abruptly ended when the Briton said he has no intention of facing him. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 228 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen