berg also scored for the IceCaps, while Anton

in Laberecke 23.02.2019 02:41
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

PARIS -- Rafael Nadal is going for No. 9 at the French Open, and the only man that can stop him is Novak Djokovic. Nadal is already a record eight-time champion with a lifetime 65-1 record at Roland Garros. One more victory on the red clay will make him the first man to win five in a row and give him his 14th Grand Slam title -- tied in second place with Pete Sampras. The top-seeded Spaniard reached the final by beating Wimbledon champion Andy Murray 6-3, 6-2, 6-1 Friday on Court Philippe Chatrier, the stadium Nadal calls his favourite place to play. Djokovic defeated Ernests Gulbis 6-3, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 in the first semifinal. Nadal has beaten Djokovic at the French Open in all five of their meetings, starting with a quarterfinal victory in 2006. They also met in the semifinals in 2007, 08 and 13, and in the final in 2012. The second-seeded Djokovic, however, has beaten Nadal the last four times they have played, including on clay in the final in Rome last month. "Im going to try to be aggressive, because that is the only way I can win against him," Djokovic said. "I know that, of course, this is the court hes most dominant on. He has only lost one time in his career. This is where he plays his best." The winner on Sunday will also be ranked No. 1 on Monday. Nadal is currently at the top, but needs to extend his French Open winning streak to 35 matches to stay there. He certainly played like the No. 1 on Friday. Nadal jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first set, then broke early again in the second and third sets. The Spaniard had six break points in the entire match, and converted each one. Murray, meanwhile, couldnt even manage to earn a single break point. Besides his eight titles at the French Open, Nadal has also won twice at Wimbledon, twice at the U.S. Open and once at the Australian Open. Sampras won 14 major titles in his career, but never the French Open. The record holder is Roger Federer with 17 Grand Slam titles. He won his 14th in Paris in 2009, the only French Open in which Nadal lost a match. Cheap Real Adidas Nmd . Others describe it as taking the parrot for a walk. Cheap Wholesale Adidas Nmd . As TSN reported Thursday, the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport is under intense pressure from the federal government to focus drug testing on athletes who compete in international events representing Canada. Since funding for the tests has been frozen and the cost of testing can eclipse $1,000 per test, university athletes in a number of sports are being tested less often. http://www.discountadidasnmd.com/. -- Jerry Rice Jr. Adidas Nmd China Wholesale . Nikolaos Kounenakis has been hired as an assistant coach, the team announced on Monday. Discount Adidas Nmd . Darren Collison and Blake Griffin scored 23 points apiece and the Clippers beat the Suns 112-108 Wednesday night, their fourth win in a row and 17th in the last 19 games. ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Michael Hutchinson felt he played below his personal standards in Saturdays Game 1 loss to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. In Game 2 Sunday, he redeemed himself. The IceCaps goalie stopped 34 shots as St. Johns evened its American Hockey League Eastern Conference final at a game apiece with a 2-1 victory over the Penguins. "I felt pretty gd about my game tonight," Hutchinson said. "Last night I wasnt overly thrilled with my performance and I knew I wanted to come out and play better for the guys in the rm tonight. I tried to come in and make the saves to hold the team in as much as I could and then we got the lead." The IceCaps started the game according to plan Sunday, carrying a lead into the first intermission. "Our focus was on getting the first goal in the first period and getting a little momentum on our side to get the crowd behind us," said Kyle MacKinnon, who scored the first goal of the game. Carl Klingberg also scored for the IceCaps, while Anton Zlobin replied for the Penguins. St. Johns held Wilkes-Barre/Scranton scoreless in six power-play chances to help the team hold onto the lead. "It was unbelievable," Hutchinson said. "All thee players block shots and clear the puck to make my job a lot easier.dddddddddddd. When I have to make a save, it has to get through a lot of bodies before it makes it to me." "You never want to go down two games in a series, especially on home ice," Hutchinson added. "(Winning tonight) feels gd and it is a confidence bst for us. I thought we played a lot better tonight than we did last night." MacKinnon opened the scoring for the IceCaps when he finished off a breakaway with a quick, high wrist shot after catching a Blair Riley stretch pass entering the blue-line 13:54 into the game. The IceCaps extended their lead when Klingberg got a stick on a Will ONeill slap shot from the point through traffic, finding the high right corner of the net at the 6:24 mark of the second period. Hutchinson kept the Penguins scoreless with a sprawling pad save to stone Harry Zolnierczyk on a breakaway with roughly six minutes left to play in the second period. With 1:04 left in the game, a cross-ice pass found Zlobin wide open in the left face-off dot, and he buried the puck top shelf over a sprawling Hutchinson to get the Penguins on the board. Penguins goalie Peter Mannino made 27 saves. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 158 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen