ly 10,000 Test match runs we

in Mitglieder 21.02.2019 01:12
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

BARCELONA, Spain - Tito Vilanova, the coach who succeeded Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and won the Spanish league title in his only season in charge, died Friday following a long battle with throat cancer. He was 45. Vilanova, who has battled a recurring tumour in a saliva gland, was admitted to a local hospital in Barcelona last week. He reportedly had emergency surgery on Thursday. "It is with sadness that Barcelona must announce that Francesc Tito Vilanova has died today at the age of 45," Barcelona said in a statement on its website. "The death of our former coach occurred this afternn when he could not overcome this disease which he had battled since 2011." Vilanovas death prompted an outpouring of condolences from players and coaches across Europe. Barcelona star Lionel Messi posted a photograph of himself with Vilanova on his Facebk page with the message: "We will always remember you. All my sympathy goes to Titos family." Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal, who recovered from liver cancer and a liver transplant to help hoist the 2012-13 league trophy with Vilanova, wrote on Twitter: "For everything we went through together, I will always remember you, my friend. Thanks for fighting." Spains royal family and Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy also sent telegrams to Vilanovas family and Barcelona, according to the Europa Press news agency. Vilanova first became ill in November 2011, while still an assistant to Guardiola, and tk a leave of absence after undergoing surgery. The soft-spoken Vilanova returned and tk over from Guardiola the next season, when he led Barcelona to the Spanish league title with a record-tying 100 points. Vilanova had a second tumour removed in December 2012 and travelled to New York several times during the season to receive further treatment before returning to the sidelines. In April 2013, Vilanova said he felt fine and "had never thought about quitting." He finished the season before suddenly being forced to resign following a relapse in July. As an assistant, Vilanova helped Guardiola propel Barcelona into its most successful period and transform a team led by Messi into the worlds best. With a team that also included several of the players that led Spain to the World Cup title in 2010, Barcelona won 14 of a possible 19 major trophies from 2008-12 under Guardiola before adding the league title with Vilanova in 2013. Despite the impressive league display, Vilanova was unable to win another Champions League title last season. Barcelona lost to eventual champion Bayern Munich 7-0 on aggregate in the semifinals, one of its most humbling results of the last decade. As Guardiolas assistant, Vilanova provided the tactical know-how that helped the coach build one of the best teams in the history of the sport — winning two Champions League titles in its impressive haul. Vilanova will also be remembered for his role in a brawl in the 2010 Spanish Super Cup won by Barcelona, when Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho poked him in the eye. Mourinho, who is now at Chelsea, also sent his condolences "at this most difficult time." "Tito Vilanovas passing is a sad day for ftball, for Barcelona and most importantly for his family and friends," Mourinho said. Born in the Catalan village of Bellcaire dEmporda, Vilanova began his career as a player at Barcelonas training academy from 1984-89 but never made it to the first team. Instead, he went on to play for clubs such as Celta Vigo and Mallorca before his career was cut short by a serious knee injury. Vilanova then went into coaching and got a job in Barcelonas youth system, tutoring current players Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas and Messi. Vilanova left to work as sport director at third-division club Terrassa before returning to Barcelona to take over the clubs "Barca B" feeder team. His funeral will be on Monday at Barcelonas cathedral. Vilanova is survived by his wife, Montse Chaure, and two children. His son Adrian is currently in Barcelonas youth academy. AP Sports Writer Paul Logothetis contributed to this report from Madrid. Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys . Louis still lking for a way out of Tampa Bay, the 38-year-old NHL veteran isnt showing his cards. Billy Price Jersey . “The shtout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shtout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee. http://www.bengalsgear.com/authentic-sam-hubbard-jersey.html. Felton was in court as the Manhattan district attorneys office outlined the agreement, which would resolve a gun case that arose amid the breakup of his marriage. Hes expected to admit June 30 to at least one charge, attempted criminal possession of a weapon -- he wont have to come to court to do so -- and get a $5,000 fine and 500 hours of community service. Andrew Billings Jersey .Murray has played 20 matches in five weeks, winning three titles to climb to fifth in the ATP Race.The two-time Grand Slam champion also seeks to qualify for next months ATP World Tour Finals.Murray said: I always wanted to qualify for it, but also I want to get back into the top 8 players in the world and it makes a huge difference for seedings in the major events. Mark Walton Jersey .com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No.Nasser Hussain has sympathised with England captain Alastair Ck over his use of the new approved helmet. Ck wore the new-style helmet in Essexs County Championship game against Sussex at Hove on Monday and lasted only five balls, scoring one run after making 105 and 35 not out in Essexs opening game of the season against Gloucestershire when he wore the old-style headgear.The new helmets, which comply to British Safety Standards and have a smaller gap between the peak and grille, were introduced in the winter after a number of high-profile injuries. Ck was spoken to by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) after using his old helmet in last weeks match at Chelmsford and, as a result, he complied with the new regulations this week. Ck heads out to bat against Gloucestershire in his old helmet However, former England skipper and Sky Sports cricket pundit Hussain has sympathy for Ck and feels it is unfair to dictate what headgear a batsman should use.I definitely have sympathy with Alastair Ck, Hussain told Sky Sports News HQ.The fundamentals of batting are being comfortable and being able to see the cricket ball and he has got nearly 10,000 Test match runs wearing a certain type of helmet.He has taken the opinion that he leaves a bit of a gap there - and maybe the ball can get through and maybe it cant - but he wants to see the ball properly. And then, all of a sudden, the regulations and the new helmet has moved that little grille up - maybe a couple of centimetres - and he cant see the ball as well. Ck sports his new helmet during day two of Essexs match against Sussex Hes a grown man and I feel he should be able to make the decision himself.Hes given the other [helmet] a go, hes not been stubborn, hes not saying no this is nothing to do with me, hes givenn it a go and hes not finding it comfortable.ddddddddddddHell go out to bat at Hove (today) probably with the new helmet on and give it a go, but when he rocks up at Headingley for the first Test against Sri Lanka I think most England fans will want their captain, their opening batsman and their star batsman to be able to see the ball and be comfortable and not have any kind of doubts about his equipment. Ravi Bopara explains why Alastair Ck doesnt want to use a specific style of helmet Despite his support for Ck, Hussain has backed the ECB and its director of cricket Andrew Strauss over the introduction of the new regulations.I do applaud what Strauss and the ECB are doing, he said. For a long time people havent lked at helmets and the actual safety of helmets and there have been some high-profile incidents that have happened recently and it has to be lked into.But you do have to say that there has to be a little bit of a personal choice to every batsman to be able to make that decision. Also See: Ck struggles ECB speaks to Ck Sussex v Essex scorecard Pundits county picks diesfromchina.com/" target="_blank">Wholesale Hdies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 74 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen