ncial growth, there has been speculation that players

in TeeLeague 03.12.2019 04:00
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

LIVERPL, England -- What was lking like a gripping finale to the Premier League title race is starting to turn into a procession for Liverpl. The rampant leaders moved five points clear of Chelsea with three matches remaining thanks to a 3-2 victory over Norwich on Sunday, taking their winning run to 11 games. The win, sealed by two goals from the excellent Raheem Sterling and a 30th of the campaign from Luis Suarez, secured Champions League ftball for Liverpl for the first time since the 2009-10 season. But the Reds will have loftier ambitions than that as they seek a first English championship in 24 years. "At the start of the season, everyone thought it would be a struggle for us to get to fourth, so it shows the magnitude of the effort the players have put in," said Liverpl manager Brendan Rodgers, whose side plays Chelsea at home next Sunday. "We have cemented the first objective, which was cementing Champions League qualification. Now we will lk forward to next weekend." It is promising to be a tighter race for the final Champions League spot, with fourth-place Arsenal and Everton both winning to leave them separated by just one point. Lukas Podolski scored twice for the second straight game in Arsenals 3-0 victory at Hull and Everton overwhelmed Manchester United in a 2-0 win that marked another dark day for United manager David Moyes, who endured a miserable return to the club he coached for 11 years. United cant now qualify for the Champions League -- the first time it will miss the competition in 19 years -- and even reaching the Europa League is a real doubt, with a top-six finish likely to be needed for that. United is seventh, six points behind Tottenham with a game in hand. "I couldnt fault how we played," Moyes said, "because we kept the ball incredibly well." Leighton Baines, from the penalty spot, and Kevin Mirallas scored Evertons goals in its third game in eight days to seal a first league double over United in 44 years. United lked sluggish, despite not having played in 11 days since bowing out of the Champions League at Bayern Munich. Aaron Ramsey grabbed Arsenals other goal at KC Stadium in what was a rehearsal for next months FA Cup final against Hull. "We have had to cope with five or six players all out at the same time and we have done as well as we can," said Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, whose team lked a different proposition going forward with fit-again pair Ramsey and Mesut Ozil back in the team. "We were having problems scoring goals away from home and (Ramsey) and Ozil give us a cutting edge in the final third that makes us much more dangerous." Liverpl is now 23 points ahead of great rival United -- an amazing turnaround from last season when Liverpl placed seventh -- and a victory over Chelsea will surely see the championship trophy return to Anfield. Sterling crashed home a brilliant long-range strike in the fourth minute before setting up Suarez in the 11th minute for his 12th goal against Norwich in their last five meetings. The Uruguay striker is the first Liverpl player since Ian Rush in the 1986-87 season to net 30 goals in one league campaign. After Gary Hper cut the deficit in the 54th, Sterling re-established Liverpls two-goal lead with his second that saw him intercept a pass inside his own half, weave his way through Norwichs defence before taking aim with a shot that lped over goalkeeper John Ruddy thanks to a deflection. Robert Snodgrass 77th-minute header set up a nervy finish but Liverpl held on to put clear distance to Chelsea, which lost 2-1 to Sunderland on Saturday. Manchester City is third, nine points behind Liverpl with two games in hand. Rodgers said he had used the words of Margaret Aspinall, the mother of one of the 96 victims in the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, as inspiration before the Norwich game. "We put them up on the wall (in the dressing rm)," Rodgers said. "This is all one club at this moment in time and we are all fighting to achieve the ultimate goal." Fake Jordan Shoes .J. -- Kyle Palmieri thrilled his personal rting section with an overtime winner that sent the Anaheim Ducks to their seventh straight win. Cheap Fake Air Max 97 . -- Two out of three aint bad. http://www.fakejordancheap.com/. The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Fake Vapormax For Sale .com) - John Wall had 15 points, 12 assists and four steals as the Washington Wizards defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 92-85 on Monday night. Cheap Fake Yeezy Bst 350 . -- David Price didnt think he would be in Port Charlotte this spring. ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Michael Hutchinson felt he played below his personal standards in Saturdays Game 1 loss to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. In Game 2 Sunday, he redeemed himself. The IceCaps goalie stopped 34 shots as St. Johns evened its American Hockey League Eastern Conference final at a game apiece with a 2-1 victory over the Penguins. "I felt pretty gd about my game tonight," Hutchinson said. "Last night I wasnt overly thrilled with my performance and I knew I wanted to come out and play better for the guys in the rm tonight. I tried to come in and make the saves to hold the team in as much as I could and then we got the lead." The IceCaps started the game according to plan Sunday, carrying a lead into the first intermission. "Our focus was on getting the first goal in the first period and getting a little momentum on our side to get the crowd behind us," said Kyle MacKinnon, who scored the first goal of the game. Carl Klingberg also scored for the IceCaps, while Anton Zlobin replied for the Penguins. St. Johns held Wilkes-Barre/Scranton scoreless in six power-play chances to help the team hold onto the lead. "It was unbelievable," Hutchinson said. "All thee players block shots and clear the puck to make my job a lot easier.dddddddddddd. When I have to make a save, it has to get through a lot of bodies before it makes it to me." "You never want to go down two games in a series, especially on home ice," Hutchinson added. "(Winning tonight) feels gd and it is a confidence bst for us. I thought we played a lot better tonight than we did last night." MacKinnon opened the scoring for the IceCaps when he finished off a breakaway with a quick, high wrist shot after catching a Blair Riley stretch pass entering the blue-line 13:54 into the game. The IceCaps extended their lead when Klingberg got a stick on a Will ONeill slap shot from the point through traffic, finding the high right corner of the net at the 6:24 mark of the second period. Hutchinson kept the Penguins scoreless with a sprawling pad save to stone Harry Zolnierczyk on a breakaway with roughly six minutes left to play in the second period. With 1:04 left in the game, a cross-ice pass found Zlobin wide open in the left face-off dot, and he buried the puck top shelf over a sprawling Hutchinson to get the Penguins on the board. Penguins goalie Peter Mannino made 27 saves. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 110 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen