NAIA-member Waldorf 83-52 on Tue

in Mitglieder 20.11.2019 11:41
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Australia swimming coach Jacco Verhaeren has dismissed calls for dramatic changes after a series of below-par performances from his athletes in the Rio pl.Speaking at a post-meet news conference, Verhaeren was flanked by Australias five individual medal winners in the pl. But the absence of pre-Game favourites Cate Campbell and Cameron McEvoy lmed large after an Olympics that returned just three golds and 10 medals overall, well below expectations.Campbell, who finished a disappointing sixth in her 100m freestyle final having broken the Olympic record in the heats and semifinal, said it was the biggest choke in Olympics history. She put it down to letting her imagination run away a little bit. McEvoys fourth-place finish in the mens 100m freestyle final was stage fright, according to Verhaeren.While the two pre-Olympics medal favourites were off the pace when it mattered most, Verhaeren paid tribute to the role they played in the team events -- they saved us in the relays, he said -- but the md felt subdued for a Games that promised so much.Swimming Australia will not be ripping up the blueprint and starting again -- this after almost AUS$40m of taxpayers money was invested over four years into the programme -- but they will be learning lessons.Individual medallists differed in their approaches to handling the pressure. Emma Mckeon, who tk bronze in the 200m freestyle and gold and two silvers in relays, said she didnt know what to expect ahead of the Games.But she then turned to her brother, David, who competed at London, and her two-time Olympian father Ron Mckeon for guidance. They warned her about the stresses she would face, and she targeted her management of them as a point of difference.Madeline Groves, who tk silver in the 200m butterfly and 4x100m medley relay, absorbed every bit of information and advice Michael Bohl gave on how to cope with the mental rigours of the Games.Mens 200m backstroke silver-medal winner Mitch Larkin drew on his experience from the Kazan World Championships, Ian Thorpes address at the pre-Olympics camp and spent the whole time in the pl imagining he was back in Brisbane. Mack Horton, who won gold in the 400m freestyle, put his calmness down to being a little bit na?ve and embraced the bubble-like nature of the Olympic Village to block out external distractions.And then there was mens 100m freestyle victor Kyle Chalmers wonderfully unique approach: I didnt feel under pressure at all, I flew under the radar. I didnt have to do any media leading into the Games and felt pressure at the trials being in front of my home crowd a lot more than I did here.I felt comfortable having Cam there in trials and didnt know any of the other guys really as I dont follow swimming a whole lot and I think enjoyment meant come the final I just gave it my all.Vermaelen listened to all and following Chalmers answer, gave his take on pressure: It seems sometimes ignorance is a blessing and thats gd. Of course you would like that approach but it shows what champions are made of and Ive been privileged to meet a few of those.We wont make dramatic changes in what we do but the examples of sit here next to me that whenever you do trials, with whatever format, it comes down to race day.Theres no systematic approach that can change that fact. Of course we will review, lk for improvements but its not like the swimming on the day doesnt change, so thats what we need to lk at.One area Verhaeren will dissect is whether their plan of holding their Olympic trials four months before the Games, as opposed to the U.S. swimming teams decision to have theirs just six weeks before Rio, needs to be changed but it will be a case of tweaking the programme rather than a rt and branch overhaul.Kitty Chiller, Australias chef du mission, said before the Games the Australian swimming team normally make up a third of their gold medal total, one projected at 15 or 16 here in Rio. She spoke of how individual swimming potential was converted in some areas, but not others and admitted the Australia Olympic Committee targeted four or five or more gold medals and the swimming team came to Rio with high expectations.Talk of expectation and targets seemed to irk Larkin, saying that it wasnt the publics role to set medal targets for the athletes, but above all of this talk of falling short in individual medal targets lms the form of Michael Phelps.Perhaps that is the key differential and there is a feeling that come Tokyo 2020, with these athletes having learnt from their experiences here in Rio and the odd tweak here and there behind the scenes then they will be going outstretched arm to arm with the Phelps-less USA side.We swim in a time where Michael Phelps makes it lk easy, Larkin said. I finish this week and it hit home how incredibly unique he is and how he has something no one else is able to capture.In a sense it gives the public is not easy to achieve, but is easier than what it definitely is. I hate to talk about expectation, we have our own expectations and its not for the public to decide what our expectations are in the pl.For me, it was a tough week and to be honest when I std on that medal podium in the 200m backstroke, I didnt mind I wasnt on the top. It was only a couple of minutes later when the womens freestyle were in the water and it made me realise how lucky I was to secure a medal.And yeah, were here at a time when Phelps is around and theres [Katie] Ledecky as well. Theyre incredible athletes. The U.S. have something special and we want to replicate it and learn as much as possible as well. Once Phelps retires well see if theres someone who can step up and replicate what hes been able to do for the last 10, 15 years in the pl. Los Angeles Lakers Store . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Los Angeles Lakers Pro Shop .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. https://www.lakersjerseycheap.com/ . On Mar. 16, coming off a "fight of the year" performance at UFC 154 the previous November, St-Pierre faced Nick Diaz at UFC 158 in what would be his eighth defence of the welterweight title. Using his superior athleticism, St-Pierre cruised to a five round, unanimous decision victory setting up a much-anticipated title defence against number one contender Johny Hendricks. Cheap Lakers Jerseys . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rkies. Lakers Jerseys 2019 . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. FARGO, N.D. -- Khy Kabellis scored 12 points and Jared Samuelson chipped in 10 as North Dakota State beat NAIA-member Waldorf 83-52 on Tuesday night.All 11 North Dakota State (5-1) players that entered the game scored at least three points and the Bison collected 39 points off the bench.North Dakota State tk an early 17-4 lead on Carlin Duprees layup with 14:16 left before half. The Bison led 44-19 at halftime. Early in the second half, Dupree drove the lane off an outlet pass for a thunderous dunk that put the Bison up 56-21 with 15:18 to goThe Bison scored 19 points off turnovers and had a 45-28 rebounding advantage.dddddddddddd North Dakota State collected 15 offensive rebounds and handed out a season-high 18 assists.Leland March and June Prowell each scored 10 points for Waldorf. It was the first-ever meeting between the two teams. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 8 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen