held off Southern Illinois the rest of the way to

in Mitglieder 19.11.2019 09:29
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- While Cam Newton called the latest police shting in Charlotte, North Carolina embarrassing, the Carolina Panthers quarterback says hes not rushing to any judgments until he has more information.The league MVP did have some strong comments Wednesday about social injustice and the African-American community.My big thing is holding people accountable- no matter what the race, no matter what the gender is, no matter what the age is., Newton said at his weekly news conference Wednesday.Keith Lamont Scott, a 43-year-old African-American man, was shot and killed Tuesday by a black police officer, sparking a violent protest early Wednesday morning about 15 miles from the teams stadium. More than a dozen police officers were injured during the protest. There also was vandalism to police vehicles and lting.Newton said that while he doesnt see things through a black-white lens, he does realize that people view him as a spokesman for the African-American community because of his stature in the NFL.Im an African-American and Im not happy how the justice has been dealt with over the years, and the state of oppression in our community, but we also as black people have to do right by ourselves, Newton said. We cant be hypocrites.Newton went on to say, From being a black person, there is a lot of black people that dont do right by black people, so you cant be a hypocrite and just say `Oh a white man or a white police officer killed a black man. Now thats still messed up and Im not sitting up here and saying thats ok.I am saying we have to have a clear eye vision on both sides and starts with everyone holding each other accountable and policing yourselves.Newton is unsure if his teammates plan to join Colin Kaepernick in a silent protest before Carolinas home Sunday against Minnesota. Kaepernick has been protesting against the oppression of African-Americans and minorities, and police brutality by kneeling during the national anthem.Newton did praise Kaepernicks stance, which includes calling for responsible parties to be held accountable.I salute Colin Kaepernick for what he stands for, but at the end of day I can make a stand in my own right, Newton said. That is why I have a foundation and I have been trying to do anything and everything to bring the city of Charlotte, or wherever I am around, and impact it in a positive way. Im hoping people see that and do the same thing.Some of Newtons teammates tk to Twitter to express their outrage at the police shting.Wide receiver Philly Brown tweeted This is becoming crazy!!! Makes it hard not to stand up!!However, Brown told reporters he doesnt think he will protest before the game.Panthers safety Tre Boston tweeted, Wow this actually hurts, a city Ive grown to love. Charlotte what are we doing? This is in my backyard. We must do better (hash)KeithLamontScottBoston sent a second tweet saying he was talking about the officers actions, not the protests.He did not comment when asked in the locker rm about his tweets, saying he had to go lift weights instead.Authorities had to use tear gas to disperse the protests in North Carolinas largest city, which joins Milwaukee, Baltimore and Ferguson, Missouri, on the list of U.S. cities that erupted in violence over the death of black men at the hands of police.The Charlotte protest came on the heels of hundreds of protesters rallying Tuesday night outside police headquarters in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma , following the fatal shting of an unarmed black man Friday by police.Panthers coach Ron Rivera said he felt it is not fair for the media to ask players about the police shtings since many of them arent informed about what is happening in the world around them even though several of his players had expressed an opinion on social media.Rivera believes those questions should be directed toward political officials who should work toward change.Thats a tough issue, Rivera said. Weve got a whole bunch of young men in that locker rm, you guys all want to ask what they think about it. Im not sure how many of them know whats going on.So I dont think its fair for us to be put in a position to make comments about stuff that we really dont know about. The thing we have to do is hope things get fixed, get fixed quickly and so we can keep going forward.Rivera said maybe instead of tearing up the city that people should get out and vote if they want change.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Raul Mondesi Blue Jays Jersey . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Luke Maile Jersey . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. https://www.cheapbluejays.com/1876h-tim-mayza-jersey-blue-jays.html . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. Mike Matheny Blue Jays Jersey . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. Marco Estrada Blue Jays Jersey . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Steven Davis gave Wright State a five-point lead with a 3-ponter with less than a minute to go and the Raiders held off Southern Illinois the rest of the way to take an 85-81 win in the season opener Friday night.Mike La Tulip hit four straight free throws in the final minute to seal the victory.Mark Alstork finished with 30 points to lead Wright State, hitting 10 of 19 from the field and 4 of 7 from distance. Davis finished with 26 points. La Tulip aadded 10 points and grabbed six boards.ddddddddddddWright State shot 46.6 percent from the field, knocking down 27 of 58 shots, including 10 of 19 from beyond the arc.Mike Rodriguez finished with 29 points, passed out six assists and made three steals to lead the Salukis, who were 28 of 55 (50 percent) from the field and 9 of 20 from distance. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 315 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen