d I. I knocked him down based on reflexes. The left hook w

in Mitglieder 19.11.2019 09:29
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Albert Pujols doubled, and the next three batters hit singles. Then there were a couple walks, some pr Detroit fielding -- and by the time the inning ended, the Los Angeles Angels had scored eight runs. "All I could do was clap and high-five," said C.J. Wilson, the Los Angeles starter who was the beneficiary of that offensive outburst. "And be stoked for my teammates that they scored that many runs." J.B. Shuck had three hits and a career-high four RBIs, and the Angels routed the Tigers again, 14-8 on Tuesday night. Los Angeles has won seven straight against Detroit by a combined score of 48-17. Wilson (7-5) allowed five runs and seven hits in five innings, and the Angels tk advantage of six Detroit errors on a rainy night. "It was just an ugly night for us. Obviously, they hit the ball all over the place and we didnt make some plays," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said. "We actually swung the bats halfway decent, but we just played an ugly game. We pitched and played an ugly game." Miguel Cabrera hit a two-run homer in the third for the Tigers, but he also made two errors. Rick Porcello (4-5) gave up seven runs and 10 hits in 4 1-3 innings. The Angels scored nine runs off him in two-thirds of an inning in April. This start lked better at first, but Los Angeles broke through in a big way in the fifth. The game was tied at 2 when Pujols hit a one-out double in the fifth. Mark Trumbo followed with a single, and Howie Kendricks single gave the Angels the lead. They werent done. Josh Hamiltons single brought home another run -- Torii Hunters throw might have been in time, but catcher Bryan Holaday couldnt handle it on the bounce -- and with runners on second and third, Alberto Callaspo was intentionally walked. Darin Downs relieved Porcello and allowed all three inherited runners to score. He walked Hank Conger to force in a run, and Erick Aybars sacrifice fly made it 6-2. Shuck followed with an RBI single, and a single by Mike Trout brought home another run. Pujols RBI single made it 9-2 and chased Downs. Evan Reed came on and immediately made a wild pickoff throw to first for an error, allowing one more run to come home. The Angels snapped a three-game losing streak with their highest-scoring game of the season. It was also the most runs allowed by the Tigers. Los Angeles is still 10 games out of first place in the AL West. "We need to do everything right to get to where we need to get -- to be in the race," Wilson said. "We need to get lucky. Were so far back right now, its not even scoreboard watching. We have to really pull together and get the most out of ourselves." Hamilton had three hits after entering the night in an 0-for-15 slump. He also scored three runs. Cabrera beat out Trout last year for AL MVP, and each star made his presence felt in the third. Trout drove in the games first run with a single, and Cabrera answered with an opposite-field homer, his 21st. Wilson threw seven scoreless innings in his previous start. He wasnt as sharp Tuesday, allowing three runs in the fifth immediately after his teammates had given him a 10-2 lead. Shuck made it 11-5 with a sacrifice fly in the seventh, scoring Aybar, who had walked, stole second and advanced to third on a throwing error by Holaday. Los Angeles tacked on three more runs in the eighth on an RBI single by Aybar and a two-run single by Shuck. Cabrera made both his errors that inning. It was the first time all season a team has made more than four errors. Detroit remains 3 1/2 games ahead of second-place Cleveland in the AL Central. It was raining for much of the second half of the game, and hardly any fans were left at the end. The game tk 4 hours, 3 minutes. Although the outcome wasnt in much doubt, the Angels still struggled to get the final few outs. Ramon Santiago, who was hitting .163 and had entered as a replacement for Cabrera, drew a bases-loaded walk in the ninth to make it 14-7. A streak of lightning was visible in the distance when Hamilton caught Don Kellys sacrifice fly for the second out, and Victor Martinez grounded out to end it. "It maybe tk a little bit longer, but we did what we had to," Shuck said. "It was kind of cl -- some pretty cl lightning in the background to watch." NOTES: It was the second-longest nine-inning game in baseball this season, according to STATS. The Angels have been involved in all three of the nine-inning games that reached 4 hours. ... Detroit agreed to terms with two of this years draft picks, RHPs Jeff Thompson and Chad Green. The Tigers also came to terms with RHP Joe Jimenez, an undrafted free agent. ... RHP Tommy Hanson (4-2) starts for the Angels on Wednesday night against LHP Jose Alvarez (1-0) of the Tigers. Fake China Jerseys . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mseheads (8-6-0) in front for gd with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. China Jerseys Stitched . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity ftball teams. https://www.chinajerseyscheap.us/ . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. China Jerseys Wholesale . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Cheap Jerseys From China . Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shtout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night. Bring on March 4.Welterweight world titleholder Danny Garcia plowed through huge underdog Samuel Vargas with ease, knocking him out in the seventh round of a nontitle fight Saturday at Temple Universitys Liacouras Center in Philadelphia to set up big business next year.The victory in the tune-up fight of the Premier Boxing Champions card in Garcias hometown was the final hurdle before a hugely anticipated world title unification fight against Keith Thurman, who joined the Spike broadcast team, on March 4 at a venue to be determined.Regardless of where the fight takes place, the Thurman-Garcia fight is one of the most eagerly anticipated in boxing and a showdown between two of the best in the deep 147-pound weight division. They did their part to drum up interest with Garcia pummeling the hapless Vargas and then getting into a verbal confrontation and going nose to nose during a joint post-fight interview in the ring.First Garcia (33-0, 19 KOs) had to dispose of Vargas (25-3-1, 13 KOs), and he did so easily in a one-sided destruction.Just before the bell ended the second round, Garcia sent Vargas tumbling to the mat on the end of a powerful right hand. He barely beat the count, getting up just as referee Gary Rosato was about to finish the 10-count.By the third round, Vargas left eye was black and blue and swelling. Garcia continued to pound him round after round and even threw him to the canvas like a rag doll during the seventh round, which drew a stern warning from Rosato.Later in the seventh round, Garcia, 28, blasted Vargas, 27, who is from Colombia and fights out of Toronto, with two left hks along the ropes and then fired six more hard shots. Vargas was in bad shape, and Rosato jumped in to wave off the fight at 2 minutes, 17 seconds, just as Vargas corner was throwing in the towel.I got beat up in there, Vargas said. It takes a lot of courage to come to North Philadelphia and fight the champ. It just wasnt my night. Ive been hit harder before, but it was the accumulation of punches that got to me.I thought hed be a heavier hitter. Hes a great fighter and a great person for his city. I will be back. This was a great experience.With Vargas dismissed, it didnt take long to bring the hype for March 4. Garcia stormed to the ring ropes and peered down at Thurman at his broadcast position and began to jaw with him.Ive been waiting for this, man, Thurman said. I asked for this fight this year. This is what his team wanted -- they wanted a tune-up. I was ready this year. He got to put on a nice performance for his fans. He got his confidence. He feels strong. He got his daddy [trainer Angel Garcia] in his ear talking and pumping him. This is going to be the third daddys boy that I beat. Believe that.Later, Thurman assessed Garcias performance.Danny lked strong. He always lks strong when hes sitting there flat-fted and letting big hks go, Thurman said. His opposition was never a threat to him at any point. Danny had a decent victory. They said that he wanted to tune up. Now hes ready to come see me.You have two big punchers on March 4. I dont see how the fight can go 12 rounds. Danny, in my opinion, is someone who has been slightly exposed in the past. I see myself as the best competition that Danny has ever faced. He may see himself as the best fighter Ive faced. But I believe that Danny Garcia is actually going to have a problem with many true welterweights. I think my counters and my power is going to be the ultimate game-changer.Garcia, the former unified junior welterweight world champion, vacated his titles and moved up to welterweight in mid-2015. In January, he easily outpointed Thurman victim Robert Guerrero to win a vacant welterweight title, one of the belts Floyd Mayweather vacated upon his retirement.Garcia had not fought since then and wanted a tune-up fight to get ready for Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs), 27, of Clearwater, Florida.I came here to do what I did today. I havent fought since January. I came to get some gd rounds in and knock my opponent out at the end, and thats what I did, Garcia said.When asked about the impending Thurman bout, Garcia whipped his hometown fans into a frenzy.Philly, if you all want to see me whip this guys ass, make some noise, Garcia shouted to the crowd on the open mic.The crowd went wild.Im gonna whup him, Garcia said. Theres not much more to say. He got what he asked for, and now hes going to face a real big dog. March 4 fans can expect what theyy always get from me.ddddddddddddIts going to be fireworks. Im a Philly champion. I have the heart of a champion, and Im coming to win and unify titles.Thurman had entered the ring and was standing just feet away from him when he responded, Im a different caliber. Im not no cherry [picker]. Im no easy pickins, boy.Then they went nose-to-nose, yelling at each other.Danny can talk whatever he wants, and Angel can say whatever he wants, Thurman said. They can talk smack all day, but I know for a fact that everyone who faces Keith Thurman will tell you that Im the hardest puncher theyve faced.To be continued March 4.Hurd hammers DanHot junior middleweight prospect Jarrett Hurd (19-0, 13 KOs) dominated the smaller Jo Jo Dan (35-4, 18 KOs), a longtime fringe welterweight contender and late replacement coming off a 14-month layoff, en route to a sixth-round knockout in the co-feature.Hurd, 26, of Accokeek, Maryland, laid a beating on Dan, 35, a former welterweight world title challenger from Romania and living in Montreal. He bashed Dan, a southpaw, repeatedly with heavy right hands. A terrible right hand way below the belt in the third round tk a lot of starch out of Dan, who went down to the mat and was in agony. Although Hurds punches were powerful, Dan, who lked much smaller, could not inflict any damage with his shots.In the sixth round, Hurd badly rocked Dan with a right hand and then landed several more punches, which prompted trainer Howard Grant to throw in the towel and referee Benjy Esteves Jr. to wave off the fight at 1 minute, 6 seconds.He was wobbly and shaky, Hurd said. I probably would have taken him out in the next round. We knew he was a crafty southpaw. We wanted to take our time because we didnt know how he would come out. We felt him out at first. We didnt think hed come in as much. I thought hed try to move around. But he brought the fight a little closer than I expected.This does a lot for me. These fights Im getting are bringing me closer to the belt. Hopefully, this moves me up the rankings. There are a lot of great fighters in this division, and whoever I can get in there with, Ill be ready for.Dan chalked up the result to the massive size difference.The weight was a big difference. I tk the fight on short notice, but Im a natural 147-pounder, and I dont struggle to make that, Dan said. Hes a tough guy. I gave him some gd shots, and I tk some gd shots. At the end of the day, this is boxing. I couldnt do enough to get the win.In the opener of the triple-header, lightweight Javier Fortuna (31-1-1, 22 KOs), a former junior lightweight world titleholder from the Dominican Republic, won a spirited unanimous decision against Omar Douglas (17-1, 12 KOs) by scores of 96-93, 96-93 and 95-94. Fortuna, 27, overcame a knockdown on a clean left hk to the chin by Douglas, 25, of Wilmington, Delaware, during a back-and-forth exchange in the first round.He got me cold in the first round. I wasnt surprised that he came out sharp, Fortuna said. I worked very hard to come back and win almost every round. I didnt feel the punch from the knockdown very long. It was easy to recover.Every time that I was aggressive, I tried to follow it up with more punches. I knew in the final round that I had to finish it well to make sure I won the fight with no questions. The decision is done, so theres nothing else to say. I felt like I won almost every round after the first one.Douglas said he felt he won.He put it all on the line, and so did I. I knocked him down based on reflexes. The left hk was there for me, Douglas said. I worked hard in there, and I did my part. I feel like I won the fight. The decision was absurd. He held me the whole fight. I definitely want a rematch. Hes a former world champion. I gave it my all, but I just didnt get the decision.Douglas is unlikely to get a rematch -- at least not right away. Instead, Fortuna is likely headed to a rematch with secondary world titleholder Jason Sosa, who upset Fortuna by 11th-round knockout in June. Sosa (20-1-4, 15 KOs), of Camden, New Jersey, retained his belt earlier Saturday by unanimous decision against Stephen Smith in Monte Carlo and now owes Fortuna a contractually obligated rematch.I want Jason Sosa next, Fortuna said. That is a very big fight, and beating him this time would push my career up fast. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 775 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen