spoke during the ceremony Friday, stressing how much Sm

in Spam Area!!! 15.11.2019 10:28
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Injuries to Anthony Pettis and Josh Koscheck (which also resulted in Demian Maia being pulled from the card) have made the UFCs fourth trip to Brazil this year a very lackluster one. Speaking of Pettis, Jordan is doing his best impression of the former WEC champ and staying off the UFC 163 predictions as Im riding solo once again. As always you can hit me up on twitter @LynchOnSports if you “Agree” or “Disagree” with my picks or leave your opinions in the comments section below. Jose Aldo vs Chang Sung Jung (Featherweight title fight) James Lynch, TSN.ca (@LynchOnSports): The UFC featherweight champion lks to remain undefeated inside the octagon as he squares off with the entertaining "Korean Zombie" on Saturday night. Original title challenger Anthony "Showtime" Pettis bowed out due to injury earlier this month, giving way to the 26-year old having this opportunity of a lifetime. Many pundits were critical of the decision to put Jung in the title fight, but clearly his exciting style and his international fan base aided in UFC matchmaker Joe Silvas decision to bk this match up. Stylistically this should be an exciting match up, with both fighters known for their exceptional standup skills while also being well versed on the mat. Physically Jung holds a slight height and reach advantage, but the question is can he utilize that against the very speedy Nova Unio product. No doubt Jung will also have to be aware of Aldos powerful leg kicks, something previous opponents Frankie Edgar and Urijah Faber had trouble with. The other issue is his time on the sidelines; generally fighters enduring long layoffs in between fights dont perform well. Consider if the fight heads into the championship rounds, will the Taekwondo black belt have the cardio to keep up? I dont see it happening. Aldo should have every advantage in this fight and this should be his fight to lose. I see the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu black belt finding his range in the second, and knocking out the Korean Zombie. Aldo via second round knockout Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis This matchup is a bit of a head scratcher in terms of the landscape of the 205-pound division. Since losing to Jon Jones at the end of 2011, the Machida has taken out two top light heavyweight contenders in Ryan Bader and Dan Henderson (a close decision, but he still won). Instead of a title shot, the Brazilian fights Davis which is a considerable step down. The 28-year-old Davis has one edge in this fight and thats his wrestling, being a former NCAA Division I wrestler at Penn State. The Blackhouse member however proved that he can neutralize takedowns against top wrestlers, in his wins over Bader and Henderson. Bottom line, this is Machidas fight to lose and while I dont think he will finish the Alliance MMA fighter, hell certainly out strike Davis on route to a unanimous decision victory. Machida via unanimous decision Cezar Ferreira vs. Thiago Santos Unless you had the patience to watch the entire two seasons of TUF Brazil on Youtube with subtitles, dont worry if youre scratching your head as to who either of these fighters are. Ferreira won the first season of TUF Brazil in the middleweight tournament and has trained mainly with UFC middleweight standout Vitor Belfort. Fellow Brazilian Santos participated on the second season of TUF Brazil, losing to finalist William Macario in the elimination rounds. Ferreria clearly is the more well rounded fighter and considering Santos is moving up in weight to take this fight on short notice, the edge has to go to the 28-year-old Brazilian jiu-jitsu blackbelt. I see the Ultimate Fighter winner landing more strikes over three rounds and having his hand raised at the end. Ferreira via unanimous decision Thales Leites vs. Tom Watson Four years is a long time, but the wait is finally over for former UFC middleweight title challenger Leites who returns to the octagon to face off with former BAMMA middleweight champ Watson. Winning six of his last seven fights has earned the 31-year old Brazilian his UFC homecoming and no doubt hell be lking to put on a show in front of his home country. The English fighter Watson meanwhile bounced back from a split decision loss to Brad Tavares in his UFC debut, knocking out Stanislav Nedkov back in February. This is a classic matchup between standup fighter and grappler, with Leites having 13 submission victories in 20 fights. While no doubt this should be a competitive matchup, a slight edge has to be given to Watson who has been very active inside the cage compared to the Brazilian who hasnt fought since March of last year. Watson should be able to keep this fight standing and out point the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu black belt over three rounds. Watson via unanimous decision John Lineker vs. Jose Tome With flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson dispatching yet another title challenger this past weekend at UFC on FOX 8, this matchup between a pair of fellow countrymen could produce the next contender in the 125-pound division. Despite Tomes stellar 33-3 record, I see the former Jungle Fight bantamweight champ using his superior striking and speed over three rounds to stop his foe sometime in the third round for his fourth straight victory. Lineker via third round TKO Undercard Picks: Maglahes, Nunes, Moares, McCall, Yahya, Oliveira, Andrade Also be sure to tune into the “Weigh-In” on TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg every Saturday as myself (@LynchOnSports) and Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) go toe to toe in discussing the hottest topics in Mixed Martial Arts. Peter Fairbanks Jersey . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. Andrew Kittredge Jersey . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/856i-mike-brosseau-jersey-rays.html . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Diego Castillo Jersey . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Jose De Leon Rays Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. KENNER, La. -- Speaking publicly for the first time since her husband, Will Smith, was shot and killed on April 9, Racquel Smith gave an emotional and powerful speech Friday at his New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame induction ceremony.Racquel was also shot twice in the legs on the night her husband was killed after a heated argument that followed a traffic incident.On April 9, my worst fear came true when my husband was taken from me. I crumbled to my knees, literally. I knew it was only by Gods grace that I survived that night, said Racquel, who described the aftermath as unimaginable. I had to learn to walk again. I had severe nerve damage in my left leg and broke my femur bone. There were days when I couldnt get out of bed nor did I want to get out of bed. But I knew I had to be strong for my three beautiful kids. And thats when I felt Will the most, Racquel said.His strength, his determination, his commitment to being the best. Failure was never an option for my husband. ... Through my darkest days of my life, Will gave me so much. He instilled so much in me and he showed me how to be strong. And he always told me, Rocky, you can do this. Will, you will always be a part of me. And you always told me to shine my light for the world to see. Well here I am. Im shining my light on your behalf. ... But were here. You made it. You made it to the Saints Hall of Fame in your first year of eligibility. I know you are wearing that black and gold No. 91 in heaven. We celebrate you today and always. I love you Will. Congratulations baby. You did it again, and Im so proud of you.Smith, a former Pro Bowler and Super Bowl-winning defensive end who ranks fourth in Saints history with 67.5 career sacks, was unanimously elected into the Saints Hall of Fame by a media panel in his first year of eligibility -- weeks before his death.dddddddddddd. Racquel, who was flanked by their three children, William, Lisa and Wynter, said Will was so excited and proud when he got the call and the honor meant the world to him. She said in the past, she was always the one who would stand smiling behind Will at similar events but terrified to speak in front of crowds.But today, I am definitely his voice, Racquel said. And Im nervous. But for him, I would do anything.Racquel did not speak to the media after the ceremony or address any details of the shting. The trial of Cardell Hayes, who is accused of shting Smith, is scheduled for later this year. Longtime New Orleans Saints linebackers coach and assistant head coach Joe Vitt also spoke during the ceremony Friday, stressing how much Smith loved ftball, loved competition, loved his teammates and put the needs of his team before himself.And the only thing he loved more than that is his precious family, and thats the truth, Vitt said.Fridays luncheon was emotional from start to finish. This years two inductees both passed away earlier this year. Former Saints fullback/scout/color analyst Hokie Gajan, who died of cancer in , received the Joe Gemellis Fleur De Lis Award as a contributor.I have never known anyone who was truer to himself than Hokie Gajan -- in word, deed or wardrobe, said Gajans longtime broadcast partner Jim Henderson, who was choked up as he presented him. If he was your friend, you couldnt have had a truer one. If he was your teammate, you couldnt have had a tougher one. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 128 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen