ld and we have had great ups and great downs all alon

in Bewerbung 06.11.2019 13:37
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Devendra Bundela, the Madhya Pradesh captain, is two months short of turning 40. At an age where many of his contemporaries are long into retirement and have taken up coaching assignments, umpiring, commentary or lucrative media careers, Bundi bhai, as he is popularly known, still travels the length and breadth of India every year for the Ranji Trophy, a ritual he first started as a 19-year old in 1995-96.On Tuesday, he will play his 137th Ranji Trophy match and surpass his friend Amol Muzumdar, the former Mumbai captain, to become the most-capped cricketer in tournaments 83-year history.Cricket has taught me discipline, Bundela tells ESPNcricinfo. Coming from Ujjain [a town in Madhya Pradesh], which didnt have a history of cricket, it tk me a while to get adjusted to rigours of professional cricket. That drove me to go out of my way and try and be an achiever.I tk the decision to move out of my hometown to Indore very early. There was no guarantee of succeeding, but the challenges made me work that much harder. Its been a long journey, of ups and downs. Lking back now, I can say Ive given it my best despite the limitations I had. There are no regrets.The limitations Bundela refers to is about his own game and batting style. Growing up in an era that produced the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman and Sourav Ganguly, he says, made him feel he had to work that much harder.These guys were all so naturally gifted, Bundela, the third highest run-getter in Ranji Trophy history, says. In comparison, I realised I had to work doubly hard to be amidst these names. I used to learn from these guys even back in the day. Ultimately, it doesnt matter who you learn from.The other aspect to Bundelas career has been the motivation and drive to continue this long. By his own admission, he realised somewhere after 2004, that an India cap may be difficult. His performances were noteworthy, but Madhya Pradeshs inability to win the coveted domestic title, he says, may have played a part in a lot of cricketers from the region not coming through then despite being talented and consistent.I think the turning point was the 1998-99 Ranji season, he says. Maybe if we had beaten Karnataka in the Ranji final, things may have been different. To lose despite taking the first-innings lead hurt a lot. It does even today. If I could replay one match in my career, it would be that game. I clearly remember, around then, I was being talked about for a berth in the [national] team. I kept scoring runs. If Id finished off that game, probably the trajectory of my career would have taken a different path. It is this example that Bundela often impresses upon his young team-mates, when they come to him for advice: If you score a hundred, make sure you go beyond. If theres a task you can finish, dont leave it to the others. If youre in a gd patch, try to keep going.What starts off as a healthy cricket discussion slowly veers into philosophy and the journey of life, according to Bundela. But he admits the current generation is much more focused and clear in their outlk. Youngsters today are much more confident, he says. There are so many avenues. Today, theres focus on India A tours, IPL, exchange programmes.For us, it was just Ranji Trophy. So cricketers of my generation had a different outlk. So by the time theyre playing for India, theyve been there and done that. Ultimately, irrespective of the level you play at, the basics remain the same - hard work, commitment and discipline. It doesnt matter if youre 22, 35 or 40. Thats what I keep telling them. Over two decades, Bundela has seen the landscape of domestic cricket change in front of his eyes. Among the changes he picks out immediately is professionalism. Twenty years ago, we were paid 1000 rupees per match. We used to travel by train, he says. Then, it became 2000, 4000, and slowly 10,000. Today, a domestic cricketer is paid in lakhs. You can definitely live comfortably. That way, domestic cricket today isnt like how it was when we started.When we first started, we used to play on turning wickets. There were no debates like there are today. It was a given that you would encounter challenges. If a game got over in two days, that was it. There were no debates or questions about the pitch. We used to just accept it and move on. In todays age of professionalism, where every performance is scrutinised, its different. That way, playing with two different generations has been a challenge. Ive also had to evolve in the way I think about the game these days, because thats how fast professional cricket has moved.Among the things professionalism has dictated, he says, is his diet. Today, the first thing I think of before putting something on my plate is if Im allowed to eat it. At my age, gym routines become important. Fitness wasnt as big a routine for me 20 years back. But over the last 10 years, thats an aspect of cricket that has changed.Amid the changes, the one thing that has remained constant is Bundelas passion. How long? you ask. Thoda time aur [A little while longer], he replies. The only disappointment is being unable to win the Ranji Trophy. We qualified for the semi-finals last year. This year it lks tough, but if we win the next two games outright, who knows. You cant give up easily, can you?Ask him how he wants to be remembered, and he is very clear: A simple and hardworking cricketer who gave his best for the team.Custom Pittsburgh Pirates Nike Jerseys . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. Custom New York Yankees Nike Jerseys . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. https://www.custombaseballnikejerseys.com/?tag=custom-washington-nationals-nike-jerseys .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamlps Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Custom Oakland Athletics Nike Jerseys . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Custom St. Louis Cardinals Nike Jerseys .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again.Director of rugby Conor O’Shea says Harlequins hope to honour Seb Adeniran-Olule with their performance against Montpellier in the European Rugby Challenge Cup final on Friday.Lsehead prop Adeniran-Olule, 20, tragically passed away on Monday morning following a road traffic collision in Surrey.OShea, for whom Fridays final will be his last game in charge before joining Italy, admits this has been a very difficult week for everyone involved with Quins. Seb Adeniran-Olule tragically passed away on Monday morning As you can imagine it was very emotional at the start of the week, OShea told Sky Sports News HQ. I feel very upset even talking about it now.The RPA (Rugby Players Association) have been involved right from the start of the week when we knew what happened but obviously there was more detail to come out.Our hearts go out to Seb, his mum and his family. It will be the end of an emotional week tomorrow but the boys will be ready because they are going to play with him on their hearts in more ways than one. Will Greenwd previews the Challenge Cup final between Harlequins and Montpellier Harlequins will take to the field with Adeniran-Olules initials embroidered onto their shirts to honour him, while also wearing black armbands.Asked about the embroidery on the shirt, OShea said: Nick (Easter), Danny (Care) and the lads came up with it. They wanted to feel he was part of it. He has played in this tournament this year. Care: Quins family rocked Harlequins to honour Seb Adeniran-Olule with victory over Montpellier, says Danny Care He was a 20-year-old with so much talent and to lose him in the way he has gone is heart-breaking for everybody at the club.But they want to play for him, they want to play for his family and hhis friends and they want to play for each other.dddddddddddd.We want to play the game for the way he lived his life in our eyes. Exeter demolish Harlequins Exeter crush Harlequins 62-24 to bk home Premiership semi-final OShea was denied a winning send-off in his final game in charge at The Stp, as Quins were beaten 62-24 by Exeter Chiefs last Saturday.The Irishman has enjoyed a hugely successful six-year spell at Harlequins, guiding the club to Challenge Cup success in 2011, the Premiership title in 2012 and LV= Cup victory in 2013.He knows his side must show huge improvement from last weekends ten-try hammering if they are to end his tenure on a high by upsetting the odds against Montpellier.We have had our frustrations this year, OShea admitted. Before the Six Nations I felt we wright on it but things have slipped away. Can Harlequins win the European Challenge Cup to add to Conor OSheas silverware at the London club? We have had a pretty horrible week between the Exeter performance and what happened at the weekendBut this club is 149 years old and we have had great ups and great downs all along the way. Ill be proud to leave with a lot of friends and hopefully having given everything I can to this club.This is about the players. I want them to be the best they can be tomorrow against an outstanding Montpellier side. It feels like a Champions Cup game when you lk at it on paper.We want some silverware at the end of what has been an incredibly trying week.We know the springboard to winning the Premiership was the confidence we gained from winning this trophy five or six years ago and we would like to double it up and mark both ends - my first year and my last year - with a trophy.Also See:Sky Live: Quins v MontpellierPODCAST: European finals previewWATCH: Greenwds match previewMarler keen to learn lesson ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 417 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen