on Tuesday. A World Series ring. "That

in Clan- und Funwars 04.11.2019 11:45
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- Dan Straily kept up his domination of the Milwaukee Brewers this season.Straily pitched into the seventh inning and Joey Votto hit a two-run homer to lift the Cincinnati Reds to a 6-1 victory over the Brewers on Saturday night.Straily (14- allowed just one run on five hits with five strikeouts over 6 2/3 innings. The right-hander is 3-0 with a 1.67 ERA in four starts against Milwaukee in 2016.It was gd, Reds manager Bryan Price said. A lot of contributors. Certainly it was a gd start by Straily. Joey hits the two-run homer in the first to give us a cushion.Vottos 26th home run gave Cincinnati a 2-0 lead in the first inning against Brewers starter Taylor Jungmann (0-5).The Brewers lone run came on Domingo Santanas homer in the second.Hes been tough against us, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. I give him a lot of credit, hes pitching well. Hes very locked in to what hes doing. We havent figured him out.Scott Schebler had three hits for the Reds, while Votto and Adam Duvall each drove in two runs.Straily left with two on, two outs and a 4-1 lead in the seventh, but reliever Michael Lorenzen struck out pinch-hitter Hernan Perez to end the threat.Lorenzen stayed on to work a scoreless eighth before giving way to Raisel Iglesias for the ninth.Ive been preaching it since day one, I want to go as deep as I can and keep us in the game, Straily said. Each night dictates how late that is because each night is different.Cincinnati added insurance runs on an RBI infield single by Eugenio Suarez in the sixth and a run-scoring groundout by Duvall in the seventh.It was the third run that gave us a little more cushion, Price said. Then we got the squibber that drove in the fourth run with the bases loaded.The Reds broke the game open with two runs in ninth off Michael Blazek, who was pitching for the first time since Aug. 13 due to an elbow injury.Jungmann settled down after allowing Vottos home run, giving up just those two runs on three hits and four walks over four innings in his first start in the big leagues since April 28.I pride myself in battling through outings like that, Jungmann said. It was an outing where I had a non-existent curveball. I felt OK. I was a little rusty. A loss is a loss, so I take it for what it is.FARM HONORSIn a pregame ceremony Saturday, Milwaukee honored INF Isan Diaz as its minor league player of the year and RHP Brandon Wdruff as its minor league pitcher of the year.TAKING THE LEADBrewers SS Jonathan Villar stole his 59th base, passing Reds OF Billy Hamilton for the league lead. With Hamilton out for the rest of the year due to a strained left oblique, Villar should finish as baseballs stolen base leader, as he leads Pirates OF Starling Marte by 12 steals.TRAINERS RMReds: After being scratched from the lineup Friday due to a sore left wrist, OF Tyler Holt was available to play off the bench Saturday.Brewers: OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (strained abdomen) is expected to ramp up baseball activities in the coming days, according to manager Craig Counsell. Nieuwenhuis hopes to be able to play on Milwaukees final road trip of the season.UP NEXTReds: LHP Brandon Finnegan (9-11, 4.10 ERA) will make his 30th start of the season Sunday against Milwaukee. He is 2-0 with a 1.77 ERA in three starts against the Brewers this year.Brewers: RHP Wily Peralta (7-10, 5.21 ERA) will start the series finale. He has gone 3-3 with a 3.26 ERA in eight starts since being rejoining Milwaukees rotation on Aug. 9. Wholesale Yeezy China . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Fake Yeezy Online . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. https://www.yeezychina.us/ . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Cheap Yeezy Free Shipping . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Wholesale Yeezy Shop . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end.BOSTON, Massachusetts - As the Blue Jays were winning two out of three in Boston with a piecemeal starting rotation, the franchises one-time ace was making his first start with Triple-A Buffalo. Ricky Romeros outing, on Saturday in Louisville, was more of the same from the struggling left-hander. "Saw the line and obviously it wasnt a very gd one," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Im sure hes not real happy (today.) I guess its a little disappointing to see those numbers but I know hes still working hard and I still think hes on the right path. Hopefully he can stay positive and continue to go out there and pitch." The line Walkers talking about: 3 2/3 innings, six earned runs, 10 hits, five walks, no strikeouts, a wild pitch and a balk. Romero threw 76 pitches, of which only 41 were strikes. Even more disconcerting is the fact Romero was only three days removed from a disastrous start for the Blue Jays in Tampa Bay, in which he faced seven hitters and recorded only one out before being lifted from the game. "I think anytime anybody has returned from the big leagues to the minor leagues its always a letdown," said Walker. "Those Triple-A hitters can swing the bat. I mean, theres a lot of gd players down there and Im sure most major leaguers can attest to that. When they go down for the first time or when theyre first sent down when theyre in the big leagues, its always a little bit of a letdown. Mentally you go out there and you think you can just go out there and do what you need to do but they swing the bat and they can put you in some tough situations." There is no timeline for Romeros return to the major leagues. Manager John Gibbons has said the left-hander needs to rack up innings, to compete away from tthe major league spotlight.dddddddddddd. Surely there is at least concern, at worst doubt, about Romeros ability to return to pre-2012 form. Getting ping ponged to the majors for two unsuccessful starts and back to the minors cant have been a positive experience for an already fragile psyche. The physiological aspect of Project: Romero is still considered relatively minor. "Hes moved his ft in line to home plate about 12 to 14 inches over. Its an adjustment but its not like its, were changing arm slot and changing major things. Its an undertaking though, dont get me wrong, I still think it takes a lot of work and time. But I think, you know, hes made a commitment to it and I think still in the long run its better for him. Its just a matter of him getting results." MELKY CABRERA TO GET WORLD SERIES RING San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy will have a special gift for Melky Cabrera on Tuesday. A World Series ring. "Thats a big blessing God sent me," said Cabrera through his interpreter, third base coach Luis Rivera. "They called me and they told me that they would give me a ring. I asked them to ship it and they said, No, were going to give it to you when we go to Toronto. Its special for me." Cabrera was leading the majors with a .346 batting average when he was suspended for 50 games for performance enhancing drug use last August 15. Despite being eligible to return for the National League Championship Series, the Giants didnt reinstate Cabrera. BRANDON MORROW ON TARGET FOR WEDNESDAY START Morrow, who was scratched from his scheduled start Friday and rescheduled start Sunday due to a back strain, threw a 30-pitch bullpen session and expects to be ready to pitch on Wednesday against the Giants. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 335 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen